• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Thanks all for your kind words. Indeed, I have many memories to treasure and the 22 cats in her sanctuary to continue to care for.  You can't be miserable with a cat as I'm sure she discovered when she found the hundreds of much loved Moggies waiting to greet her!

13 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

You could disprove Schroedinger's theory!

Go on... look in the box... you know you want to...

Lizzie yes Alex and James were glad to get back to work. They've been very busy this week sorting tables out and preparing food , getting supplies etc. Last night was a good night , they weren't expecting many but they had a few bookings and more came in before the night.

James is so organised, he has an app that his customers can get into to see what's on the menu instead of having to plastify them and disinfect them. Saves a lot of time too when they are busy. Obviously not full capacity but full capacity to the number and distancing that is allowed. They are expecting to be be slow as people are getting used to the idea of going to eat out. All his customers were regulars so it was nice to see them again.

• Like 3

I have no desire to get back to work. After 50 years of it, some in horrible conditions, I consider myself 'well shot of it'.   Oddly, I still frequently have dreams in which I'm wrestling with some work problem and turn to my bosses and say.. with a feeling of great relief.."That's it..  I'm off"... In the dream.. it's knowing that I'm 71 and therefore 'allowed' to retire which makes it pleasurable.  Thing is I fought tooth and nail to stay in work until I was 65.  Go figure.. as our Mericun cousins say.

Today.. I planted up the Tomato plants which arrived all but dead, from Dobies. a couple of weeks ago. They are now at least back in the land of the living. Dobies have still not acknowledged our complaints about the next to useless packaging.  I also got two Runner Bean plants into the ground... finally.  Dobies expensive and much vaunted bean seeds are the hardest to germinate I have ever had.  Germination rates are about 60% at best.  I gave about a third of my seeds to a neighbour and his experience is the same.

I also sorted out big pots into which I'm going to put bean seeds for each of my grandkids.  They are eagerly awaiting them. Also Sunflower Seeds.

It seems my Grandson is going to be on telly. He's asking a question on a kids prog.  More details if anybody wants them.           

Details of Grandkids are always welcome Col if only for vicarious reasons. I could quite happily take to living like a hermit but I do miss the little blighter and no amount of whatsafacezoom time makes up for it.

I loved the purple shapes one... 

Some good news my grandson, due to leave school this year, had an apprentship lined up. Due to circumstances we could not control, the apprentship was put on hold till next year.  He lost his get up and go, he also has a girl friend and at 16 he is love. Again due to systems we cant control he was stopped from seeing her, and him mum was the rottenest person that ever walked the earth, he would not speak to her. It was all her fault!! The phone rang and when he answerd it, he was surprised that it was his girl friends father,  not an apprentership, but as he was self emploed he wanted some to do the donkey work. So he offed him a job untill any thing else came along. 

The best think about it !!!!! ITS GETS HIM OUT OF HIS BED, IT GETS HIM USED TO GOING TO WORK, and yes!!! he GETS TO SEE HANNA.    OH! to be 16 again and in Love.

• Like 1

At last the fence panels and timber arrived yesterday. Also a new camping stove and a replacement rim protector for the Great Grand children's trampoline next door. So a busy day. I was really pleased with myself being able to fit the 6' x 6' panels into the concrete slotted posts unaided.

It's a bit like 'Open all hours' here. Up at 6 - 7 and out in the garden and greenhouse. All day working in the two gardens and then out again every evening watering and light weeding. Shut up shop at about 8.30. Garden is doing very well and will have potatoes for our three families from about 100 plants - same with tomatoes with 9 in greenhouse and a dozen outside. Broad beans in full flower and no blackfly (yet). Loads of salad crops coming on nicely too. Visiting my mate today to look at the chickens he has raised for me. Built the coop for them but having a problem getting the wire mesh for the run. DHL say they delivered it 2 weeks ago but they didn't. So an ebay dispute in progress. DHL must be the most unreliable carriers around.

Right - back on the garden.....

• Like 1

PP You are an inspiration.........ive made the effort to keep up......been out on me bike,,only a couple of miles,,Potted some Petunia's wife bought yesterday from Morrisons,,,scrounged a flower Pot man'' from lady next door,,,brilliant he is,,,her deceased husband made him,,he's about 3ft sitting in a chair with his name emblazened on his Tshirt,,,promised i'll give him a good home,,,think he'll turn out to be my best friend,,,had long chat this morning...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PP., Are you going to get some sunglasses for your chickens? Or perhaps they are 'Hippy chicks '.

Remind Mrs.PP to sharpen her brushes and stir her paints. :rolleyes:  Don't forget, you can paint eggshells.

• Like 1

Phew, hang on PP I'll just go and have a lie down and a power nap for you...

Fitted the last fence panel then knocked off at 5. Showered and met our 2 friends on the village green for a 2m           + drink and chat. We all agreed that we were lucky living in a quite village and able to do that. Gave the garden a good watering afterwards and closed shop at 9. Great Grand daughter was delighted to have her trampoline back in service and thanked me very politely. Lovely day again. Tomorrow I will open up shop early, work on garden and then get my car packed with fishing tackle, play tent and the new camping stove for an overnight fishing session. There is nothing to beat the smell of bacon in the pan at 5 am sitting by a tranquil lake :cool:

• Like 5
20 hours ago, Brew said:

Details of Grandkids are always welcome Col if only for vicarious reasons.

It seems young Ben is on CBBC 16th June 09:25 a.m.  I will set the  V6 box to record.  Most exciting thing since me and Mrs Col were barely visible at the back of the audience on an episode of Mastermind about 5 years ago..

20 hours ago, Brew said:

I loved the purple shapes one... 

You lost me there...

• Upvote 1

Grandchild to Mama, we're making shapes... what sort.... purple ones....   made me chuckle anyway

1 hour ago, PeverilPeril said:

There is nothing to beat the smell of bacon in the pan at 5 am sitting by a tranquil lake

Oh yes there is. The sort of sudden silence an alarm clock makes at that time of morning when bounces off the wall.   ;)

Ahh yes.  Grandkids are good at that.

When I worked 12 hour shifts in a Lead Refinery.. we bought a 'Big Ben Repeater' alarm clock.  I had to position it at the other side of the bedroom so that I was vaguely awake by the time  got to it.. and was able to resist the urge to launch it out of the bedroom window. Around that time, I also used to get telephone 'Alarm Calls'.  Jeez those operators must have had the patience of Saints.

And on the general theme of self discipline. I've just 'cracked' and opened a big bag of Doritos (Cool Original Flavour)  I was saving them to accompany my next batch of Hummus . but that's not happening now...

I'm a rebel.. me..

• Upvote 1