• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, MargieH said:

I expect there will soon be ‘designer masks’ which are no more efficient  than local handmade ones but cost a lot more.... and people will buy them!

Mine has a filter built in.i didn't buy it. Locally made.

Designer masks have been around for a while.

Includes free delivery, but be quick if you want it, only 1 left in stock, (note there may be other masks available from other suppliers).

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/817698553/custom-designer-face-mask?ga_order=price_desc&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=designer+face+mask&ref=sr_gallery-1-17&frs=1

Someone has bought one of these Burberry ones and left a comment re it not being handmade as advertised and it had Burberry on it,, (middle picture left side);

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/821655413/designer-face-mask-handmade-in-usa?ref=landingpage_similar_listing_top-4&frs=1

I've already posted images elsewhere on here of the ones Mrs Col is making.  She's given them to neighbours and the kids etc.

More progress with decorating today but it's painfully slow.  Thing is I hate doing a bad job so am continually revisiting the preparation, trying to get everything right.  The actual painting.. if I ever get to it.. won't take long at all.

Yesterday I walked about half of the 'Coach Road', which I think I've described before here.. and back.  3 or 4 miles of almost straight narrow road over a local 'moss'.  No cars..the odd cyclist.. the odd pedestrian.. remarkably interesting and varied for a straight road.  It's less travelled at one end than the other and I got as far as where a nice bench has been positioned.. facing a meadow..back to the road.  It has a plaque on it.. dedicating it to a deceased chap from nearby Brown Birch Farm.  It has deteriorated from the weather.. but mercifully not from vandalism.  I'm minded to ask the people at Brown Birch Farm if they'd mind me sprucing it up a bit.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Beekay said:

Where's mine then Melissa?

Looks like you're wearing it..

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Beekay said:

Where's mine then Melissa?

Who is that mask man with the Indian named Tonto?

Well now we have all got to wear mask if we go shopping.

Why 24th July?

Why not from to-day?

sorry this post should have been in anything Political. Soap Box tn the  Square.

2 hours ago, radfordred said:

Question for all you mask people, do you plan to wear it forever or just until your told you can remove it? 

Being in the vulnerable category until there is a vaccine/medication, or it is eradicated. Plus the fact that if I did get the virus and didn’t show symptons I would hate to think I may have caused someone else to catch it and possibly pass away. 
Those who find wearing a mask is too restrictive get a face shield, they are available from Virus Stop website. 

• Like 2

Just seen on Breakfast News that there are several exemptions for wearing face coverings. Young children, various medical and mental conditions etc. Interestingly one condition applies to anyone accompanying me, because I rely on lip reading.

There are so many situations where the rules are open to interpretation. It makes no sense that that we can go into a pub and order drinks at the bar without face coverings, but we will have to wear them in shops? Another oddity is that only one person is allowed to fish in a boat and not two. The fly fishing boats are between 13' and 18' long and boat partners are usually sitting over 6' apart. Nowhere has more fresh air than in a boat on a big lake. Actually there is one place allowing two in a boat - Ladybower, however, they issue face coverings and the angler sitting at the front of the boat has to wear one when the engine is in use. They don't say what to do when the engine is reversing :rolleyes: 

Some daft and contradictory situations are going occur with face covering usage. 

• Like 1

I could also qualify PP,,,,Some days i struggle with my voice,,,and rely on signs,,,

• Like 1

In the year 2100 eh Jill. Think I might hang around to see that! Watch this post, I'll let you know.

28 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

Couple that with the reduction in pollution during lockdown - it might end up being a nice place to live.

I’m pretty sure we’ll soon find a new improved way to screw it up.

4 hours ago, mary1947 said:

Who is that mask man with the Indian named Tonto?

just for you Noddy...

20200714-205100.jpg

Ha I can see now that it's you Beekay.

x

14 hours ago, letsavagoo said:

I’m pretty sure we’ll soon find a new improved way to screw it up.

According to latest science, we already have.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-53415297