• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Before we speak I suggest we all have a beeper installed , then no one will know what that particular word was.

With a name like King, where does that leave me. I don't want Jill Sparrow chasing after me wiv a gag, or worse still a guillotine. :Shock:

In the 80's I had a Range Rover, on my last car change I looked seriously at them again but quite honestly the build quality left a lot to be desired...

Just outside Lancaster, on the coast at Sunderland point, is the grave of a black cabin boy (slave) who died around 1795 and who was buried in unconsecrated ground. It’s known as ‘Sambo’s Grave’ and there are signposts to direct you to it. How long before that name is changed?

I'm not uptodate with cars , as long as it takes me from A to B I'm happy. I don't want or need a status symbol. Just thinking about our local Croce Verde , apart from the couple of ambulances the other cars that take patients back and forth are Dublos . They can take wheelchairs.

• Upvote 1

The problem is people have too much skin. It is the largest human organ and therefore an easy target to get under. It’s not difficult  to tell when something is under ones skin, the symptoms are, in no particular order: indignation – hurt feelings – grumpiness – and immediate condemnation of anything and anyone we didn’t like. Something I entirely relate to...

We are turning being offended into a fine art. A shake of the head, careless word,  even a look can do it.

Everyone can join in being offended, it’s not exclusive and you can even be offended by the lack of something to be offended about!

We are offended  - by the word Black, right wingers, left wingers, save the whale and cute puppy wingers ,Elf n safety and politically correct correct wingers and now apparently - Normans!  :rolleyes:

Being offended is a godsend for the peevish

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

If you're banning the Normans, what about the Stuarts ?  That's discriminating.

I don't know whether I'm offended by that or not..

You can ban the Stewarts if you wish, cause they insist on spelling the name wrong..

• Like 2

I am very difficult to offend, chiefly because I was brought up to laugh at life and everyone in it. If I hadn't, I don't think I'd have survived until now without spending time in a strait (as opposed to a gay) jacket and a padded cell.

I consider myself to be a balanced personality who would never dream of going around hurling abuse at anyone. I think it's called resilience. I also think it seems to be in short supply these days.

• Like 4

I am all for this political correctness , in fact the quicker they ban the "Gay Gordons" the better. Just think of the school days when you were tortured by evil dance teachers with this painful treatment. As for the unfortunate souls who were named Gordon my heart goes out to them. 

Where will it end?

2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I don’t buy a car for a status symbol. My prime concerns are comfort and functionality with a fair amount of luxury thrown in. I have nothing to prove to others!

Hope no one thought I was thinking about them. We have a few here that unless they have the newest gadgets, cars, phones then people wil look down on them. 

I think the worst aspect of PC is that ultimately it can turn us all against each other.  Every word is parsed to see if it could be offensive to someone.  A house divided against itself cannot stand.  This seems to be the ultimate object of someone, somewhere.  The snowflakes have to go and pet a puppy or play with play dough, because everything offends and upsets them.  They wouldn't have  lasted five minutes on a building site or factory in the early 60s.

• Like 2

They're going to change the name of the William Gladstone primary school in Newark because of his family's links with the slave trade. William Gladstone used to be the MP for Newark in the Victorian era. The world's going stark raving mad!

32 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

What are we going to do about the Africans that ate our missionaries?

Pay 'em reparations for indigestion and any offence we may have caused them.

• Like 2