How's your day?

Nonna.  It must indeed be an anxious time for you....  are you going to see your mum today?  If you are taking something to tempt your mum's palate, I hope she will be able to eat a little of it.   It must be a frustrating and worrying time for you.  Thinking of you xx

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Yes Margie we went to see her this afternoon. In a way I wish I hadn't. She was fast asleep and the nurse couldn't wake her. We kept shouting for her to wake her up when we told her who we were but she didn't respond. It's hard to see her now after being an active person and full of getup and go.

The visit was a bit of an anticlimax, then. You must be feeling a bit sad ...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, radfordred said:

Jet2 just cancelled our 2 weeks jollies in Greece in September ....... best write this year off :(

Why RR?  I thought Greece was open to tourists now.

I’m still waiting for a Jet2 refund for a cancelled holiday to Corfu in early May.  
But even worse, financially, is an offer of vouchers rather than refund from American Airlines for a flight to Miami on 17th March ..... the day USA closed their borders to us UK citizens.   2 Business Class return flights and we want our money back!   A few weeks ago I contacted the US Department of Transportation, filled out an online form giving reasons why we didn’t want vouchers, not heard anything yet, but the website did say it could take several weeks.  
Our son and his family have a holiday to Cyprus booked, departing 27th July.  Cyprus is not allowing Brits in until 1st August.  Don’t know how he’s dealing with that but they don’t want to go now anyway.  
You're right ...... best write this year off.  

Low flight numbers? Had email last week to say we where still going, but hats off to Jet2 almost instant refunds. Pity we’ve both been working all year, could have done with some horizontal relaxation, k’in Chinkys :crazy:

23 hours ago, MargieH said:

Nonna, will you try to visit again soon?

Sadly no Margie Mum passed away this morning.

Dearest Nonna, just read your sad news. Please accept sincerest and deepest condolences from both Tina and I,  to you and all your family, Barrie.

• Like 1

Oh Nonna, such sad news.  Roger and I send our sincere condolences to you and the rest of your family, you’re in our thoughts. May your dear Mum rest in peace xx

• Like 1

Nonna,  just read your post. Try to think of all the times your mum made you laugh. Maureen whittles about not visiting Ken in the last few weeks (she couldn't anyway) and thinks he would have been alone and confused. Although your mum didn't speak Italian, care and compassion doesn't need a language to express itself. Look after yourself (and your family)

You are in our prayers.

Phil

• Like 1

Oh nonna,  so sad  that your dear mum has passed away.   You'll be pleased though that you were able to spend a little time with her before she left ......  even if she appeared not to recognise your presence, she may well have been aware of it.  Thinking and praying for you and your family xx

• Like 1

My deepest condolences Nonna.

• Like 1

Nonna so sorry to hear about your mum. it brought back so many memories for me, I was out walking my dog when i got a phone call from my mums home, but when i arrived she had allready gone. Even now  i still remember lots of good time spent with my mum. It is hard but you to will allso remember the good times. Just would like to quote small verse that was told to me by an Italian lady.    God saw the hill was hard to climb, so closed you eyes , and said peace be thyn, God's garden must be beautifull as he only choose's the best.

• Like 1