• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Most of today has been good for me.  An actual GP appointment, (rarer than hens teeth these days but thankful to be given the opportunity)  and my mind is at ease.   Odd experience walking in and seeing my female GP  dressed in a dull grey trouser outfit, but she did say it was easy to decide what to wear every day! 
A quick nip to the supermarket and bumped into our local celebrity Sheku Kanneh-Mason, what a lovely approachable young man he is and we had a little chat.  But then, doom and gloom listening to the Forest game on Radio Nottingham.  A dreadful 90 minutes, just not good enough unfortunately.  Maybe next year?  

May I say a very heartfelt thank you to all for the comments and condolences for my mum. After I saw her Monday and couldn't talk to her or her to me it left me feeling that I'd been unkind for abandoning her. ( she was already in coma and due to covid no one could visit until we fought tooth and nail for permission) She looked so lonely and helpless. I didn't want to go to see her again. This morning I did go to the mortuary to see her and was glad I did . She looked so relaxed and peaceful. It was unreal, she was given a red rose to hold . Tomorrow is the funeral so will finally say goodbye to her. We thought it was just going to be close family but it seems they'll be more than we thought . No one here really knew her, they only saw her with me but the comfort they've given to us is amazing. 

THANKYOU ALL AGAIN.:bighug:

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, Beekay said:

We'll be with you in spirit Nonna and thinking of you tomorrow. Take care.

Thankyou much appreciated BK

7 minutes ago, radfordred said:

Sending you great big hugs nonna x 

Thankyou RR. It's times like his that we need them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

The funeral was held this morning. Very mixed emotions and memories. At the finish it was just the family who attended as because mum wasn't religious she didn't want a service, she only wanted to be cremated .

Many thanks once again for all your condolences , good wishes and comforting words.

Pleased this morning is over for you Nonna, such a sad time for you I know.  Sending our best wishes to you all, your dear Mum has had a difficult time being away from you but at least you brought her over to Italy to be with you and your family in her later years.  She is in a happier place x

• Like 1
On 7/22/2020 at 10:08 PM, nonnaB said:

it left me feeling that I'd been unkind for abandoning her.

Nonna.. Please don't beat yourself up over this. You did all you could.

I remember feeling guilty that I left my Mum a few hours before she passed.. but she wasn't responding and was just in a deep sleep. I held her hand and told her I'd see her later..

Probably not true.. but a well meant white lie. even if she heard it.

She's OK now.

• Like 1

Thankyou DJ. I'm getting there, I still think she's in the care home as it's been so long since I saw her. Time will heal but it won't forget.