• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Hot meals? I enjoy them too but not cooking them on a hot day.

Yesterday my daughter and I sat outside near the pool nearly all day. Dinner was an onion focaccia and tomato salad and lunch was a Sicilian briocche with ice cream. Today it's prosciutto crudo with tomato salad again along with a crusty loaf.

Prefer to,eat like this while the weather permits. Plenty of time for stews, curries and cuts of meat. Which incidentally I don't eat much of .

This morning I went for my onc blood test, the appointment was made 6 months ago and was for 9 am. ( later than usual) when I got there people were queueing to get in, most without appointments. Heard someone say that they had to wait til they'd finished the appointments, so I eased my way forward and asked if they'd already called day hospital. The nurse was really annoyed as she said I should have been there before 8.15. Being stroppy , I was a bit curt with her and said my appointment was 9am and I respect what oncology appointments they give me and I was early. (8.30) she insisted I was too late but fortunately I took my appointment paper with me and showed her. She wasn't happy but continued to take my blood and never said another word.

I hate having blood tests in the village as I have priority to go in before other appointments ( not because I'm special, which I'm not, but because the tests have to go to Asti and oncology patients have the right to go in straightaway) I get very embarrassed when I go in and come out because I see the looks on those waiting that think " who the hell does she think she is" . I think this will be the last one as my onc said they will eventually stop after 10 yrs.

Just made some pain briocche. It looks good . Photo later.

Nonna, well done you for standing your ground about the appointment this morning.  It was a good job you took the paperwork out to show the nurse.   It's a pity there aren't separate entrances and exits so no-one would see you leave!   I know you have no need to be embarrassed about apparently 'jumping the queue'  but  I understand it can't feel good walking past those who are still waiting xx

• Like 1

IMG-20200810-114425.jpg

A picture especially for Stavertongirl, for no other reason than I like it and know she likes dogs. I know they're NOT dogs but I like em and so, 'Thats my day".

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Margie it's usually the older ones that do it and sometimes comment on it. If the nurses hear these comments they get told off saying that she's sure that I would sooner have their problems than the one I have . 

Started off a really hot day until about 4.30 and now we have a full blown storm, it's cooling down pretty quickly.

• Upvote 1

Bk I adore wolves they are beautiful animals. Had a Wolf howl on my phone for ages for my txts. It is such a haunting sound. Thank you.

• Like 1

Returned home this evening from a days fishing at Carsington (caught nowt) to find that I was in trouble with two of our Great grandchildren. The 7 and 8 y/o's came to see the chickens and to look at my completed  extension to the coop. They went inside the extension and saw the sign - 'MAN COOP' ..beware of chicken shit!

Looking for a pair of disreputable/rustic arm chairs for my MAN COOP.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Today was sunny so I lounged in the garden .. a lot...

Tomorrow.. or at least part of it.. could well be the last sunny day of the Summer as we are already half way through August.. So I will enjoy that too.

Meanwhile... although most of my Sunflowers are quite 'weedy' and 'spindly'.... one of them has excelled itself and I'm wondering if it's inherited Triffid genes from somewhere... :ohmy:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sBTGSTqHBSJjf7537

I give it a wide berth....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How's my day?....... Well, I've just got back from Brighton hospital, via Haywards Heath hospital after having a HEART ATTACK !!  Who would have thought it. After having a rather large Angiogram I had another stent fitted..Now I have forest up and take it for a few days. It's 16 years since my last stents so can't complain. All for now, I'm very tired.:sickly:

Ay up, Beekay, my adopted big brother, you just rein it in a bit!  Just because our very own Ben likes doing the rounds of hospitals so he can chat up the nurses, doesn't mean you can do likewise!  Feet up, rest and look after yourself!

• Like 1

I hope you're already feeling the  benefit of the new stent, BK,  but please take things easy for a while - I expect the hospital has given you guidelines and a timescale.....  best wishes to you and Tina xx

• Like 1

Blimey Beekay, you've had quite a busy day, only just seen this and hope you're sleeping soundly.  Take care fella, I'm sure you'll feel right as rain soon.  Sending my best wishes to you. x

• Like 1

Flippin' 'Eck BK!!!  Bin there.. done that..

You know the score 'cos you've bin there before.....  :)

Do as you're told etc... and yo'll be right as rain ..

• Like 1

Beekay     sorry to hear that you are not 100% Just Chill.

Get well soon  Just Rest.

• Like 1