• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

BK . Well I've not looked in for a few days and what do I find. Our good old jolly BK has had a heart attack. What HAVE you been doing? Painting bits of metal doesn't seem to be strenuous and in lockdown what can you do?

Seriously Barrie I'm so sorry and I hope you are now feeling a bit more relaxed and trying to rest as much as possible. Just take great care of yourself and don't try climbing mountains or trying to train for a marathon.

• Like 1

Said it afore and I'll say it again. Your kind thoughts and posts are as good as any medicine. They have lifted me out of feeling depressed and scared. I know it sounds rather cheesey but my sincere thanks to all.

Nonna, if you're reading this, it was more than bits of metal, "that churn were bloody heavy".(I think humping that around brought on 1st Attack).

3 hours ago, Beekay said:

"that churn were bloody heavy".(I think humping that around brought on 1st Attack).

Now you’re making me feel guilty Beekay imsorry

• Like 1

Lovely day yesterday Cheers everyone, water and milk will not solve your problems but neither will wine but it  does taste better.smile2

0-B0-F664-F-EB33-437-D-B03-C-EE84-FF8823

• Like 1

We stayed in Bolzano a few years ago and visited Otzi the Iceman (said to be the oldest (Copper Age) mummy in the town’s archeological museum.  We found the experience absolutely fascinating.

We’d stopped off to visit our Nonna and family on the way there from Cannes, it was a lovely trip.  

49 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

and visited Otzi the Iceman (said to be the oldest (Copper Age) mummy in the town’s archeological museum.  We found the experience absolutely fascinating.

I agree. He's been on television several times.

5 hours ago, katyjay said:

Wot? German wine?

Austrian Kath. We had it the other week at a sushi restaurant on my sons recommendation as he sells it and knows it well. It really is a lovely wine. Especially for drinking al fresco. There were 2 Austrian wines and we tried them both but this one got the 5 star.

4 hours ago, LizzieM said:

We’d stopped off to visit our Nonna and family on the way there from Cannes, it was a lovely trip.  

And we've got the foto to prove it:bighug:Lizzie.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, katyjay said:

Wot? German wine?

Sorry I confused this wine with the other one we had with Sushi. This one was from Alto Adige Sud Tirol. 

5 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Bolzano is in the Italian Alps. Gewurztraminer is a variety of grape grown in that area.

Phil thanks.  you reminded me that I had confused the two wines. It was so good that my daughter ordered a case From her brother so think there may be a few more Sunday lunches like that.

IMG-0143.jpg

Nonna.....when you first posted this photo it didn't come out correctly, but I've fixed it.......CT

• Like 4

Ah, in your Wine Story restaurant on a very wet February evening (I think)  So pleased we made it, a really wonderful evening and great food.  The tour of the cellar was so interesting too!  

• Like 1