• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Addition to above post.... Found it Margie,(direct link). Will give it a try next time I want to put a picture on. The silly thing is that having solved a problem, is the sense of relief  that you feel, as though all is back to normal. Postimage lives !!

• Upvote 1

Thankyou mi dears, I always thought we  looked typical of the times. I think I had SueB48s coat on and Hubbs had his mates jacket on. Note the 10 Park Drives, my half pint of Cider and Chrisses Bitter on the table.  Spoilt me rotten on that first date. 

Hate to spoil the compliments. I was really enjoying them, but most of me is partly plastic these days. slywink

• Like 1

Carni, it’s wonderful that after 50 odd years you two are still soulmates and the best of friends, it’s a fab photo of two teenage ‘lovebods’ at Skeggy!  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, carni said:

Hate to spoil the compliments. I was really enjoying them, but most of me is partly plastic these days

Just remember though Carni,.plastic don't rot but lasts forever.

• Like 1

Got my flu jab at Boots this year instead of waiting to be called on by new doctors surgery. Rang first and they said usually you have to make an appointment But they had a good supply so I could just come down and get it. 
Queued up and then said what I had come down for, there was a whispered consultation behind the counter and then I was asked if I could tell them my age. Said I was 71 and there was a bit of a pause (I was thinking I am not going to be happy if they now say I can’t have it) and the girl who I usually get served by when I go in said goodness you don’t look that old! 
I skipped all the way home:jumping:

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Stavertongirl said:

I skipped all the way home

I bet you did SG. It's nice when someone doesn't believe how old you are. P

Lovely surprise this morning. A message on FB. When I was 14-15 Mrs Chulla and I had penfriends in USA. After a while Mrs C stopped contact but I kept mine up  finally meeting in 1966 when I went to KY to meet her. The following year she came to visit me in Nottingham and my parents took us on a tour of Europe. Over the years we lost touch and then found each other again but this last time I had completely lost track of her then to my surprise she found me on FB and now we're in contact again. Not bad for 60 + yrs is it?

• Like 6

My rotten Hound dog caught two baby rabbits this afternoon in my overgrown veggie patch.  He gave one to Bailey, his buddy.  The other was in his mouth.  I tried to remove it and he threatened to remove my finger.  I wasn't going there.  I stuck an empty bucket on his head and he dropped it.  I am not his favorite human right now.

Nobody can ever say to him, "You ain't never caught a rabbit and you ain't no friend of mine"   I was surprised at how nasty he got when I told him to drop it.  I'm not messin' with him.

Felt sorry for the two little rabbits, both dead by the time I got to them.  Nature in the raw I guess.

• Like 1
On 9/22/2020 at 8:39 PM, Brew said:

How the back doing Col?... hope it's settled down a bit... Had a slipped disc once..... BLEDDY PAINFUL!

Only just seen this Jim. Thanks for asking.

Much better thanks.  Getting up and down is still very painful. Standing/walking is a constant ache, but bearable.

Last Weds I could just about walk a few steps with two sticks and 60 mg Codeine every four hours. Getting up or down was mind blowingly painful. 

Today I went for my first proper walk in 8 days. A bit under 3Km. Slow and steady, but with no pain killers.  Good progress I think.

• Like 6

My tabby has, in the past growled at me when I've tried to remove birds from her mouth!  She'd have had to drop them to bite me but was threatening with her claws.  She was 15 yesterday and, fortunately, seems far less interested in birds than when she was younger.

It was nice of Jake to share his catch with Bailey!

• Like 1

I jumped out of bed this morning in my usual lively way, had a cup of tea then fell asleep on the sofa.

ps after going on nottstliga.

Loopy I too am sorry about the two baby rabbits but instinct has to be understood.Whats yours is mine and what's mine is my own.

One of our dogs is a big softy, rolls on her back for no reason only to have her belly rubbed or tickled, she's very very protective of the little chihuahua and forces herself in between her and whoever is coming close, but when she has something in her mouth now I recognize the signs she's not going to give in without a fight so I just leave her and try to distract her and then she drops it.That happened a while ago when I thought I could get it quickly but it didn't work out like that she snapped and in the process bit me. She'd never done that before.  Our other two dogs will just give things up if we try to get them , my daughters dog won't she has a mind of her own.

• Like 1