How's your day?

Went to see the dr who is looking at my hand. 56 km from home, brilliant sunshine and lovely scenery on the way. Nearer to the mountains ( the alps) there was a hot air ballon flying which seemed to be heading towards the mountains. The balloon with the background of the mountains made a lovely photo or so I thought . Got my phone ready when trees and buildings got in the way along the road.  Eventually when the trees and buildings finally came to an end, the balloon had already landed. Another opportunity lost. But I did feel that I'd had a short holiday. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Been a bit hectic here for the past week as we’re havIng  every single floor in the house re-carpeted with new hard-flooring in some rooms.  It had to be done ...... poor old Jack has a lot to answer for .....  but the end is in sight tomorrow.  The chaps are doing a fantastic job, would highly recommend them.  

As light relief from the upset we’ve just been into town for a meal at Piccolinos with our bestest friends who went to Spain on July 10th, got back into England 2 weeks ago and have been holed up in quarantine for 2 whole weeks.  They live in an apartment in the Lace Market and been really good and not gone out the door since returning home.  Now they (and all of us) have these new restrictions to cope with.   As expected, the restaurant was busy but the food and wine was excellent so it was an enjoyable evening.  I even had a birthday present from them, 6 weeks late. 
We’re  thinking of buying a patio heater and gazebo for the garden so we can keep seeing other people.  One question, will our ‘bubbles’ be policed?  The cops have enough on their plates dealing with knife crime at the mo.  

Lizzie asks will the Covid regs be policed. Some people we know who are quite well off and run a business went abroad recently and on return had to self isolate. They did for 10 days and went for Covid tests, both negative so went to work. Someone informed the ‘authorities’ and they’ve been hit with heavy fines. 

We are in self isolation until next Thursday but plenty to do. We have an interesting garden that needs the Autumn tidy up - pond, shed, greenhouse and chicken coup. Quite a lot of stuff to put on ebay and I'll build a fishing rod. In between all this I'll do an hour a day on the rowing machine while watching the bike racing or snooker. Think I need to self isolate for a couple on months to get everything done!

• Like 1

Morning Ben,,

Yes its nice here

Can i move in?

Love you to move in,,but you ok where you are,,and i dont want you to upset your owner,,,(3 doors away) so be a good Cat....

conversation,,early this morning sat on my Garden.....

• Like 3

So they say!   :biggrin:  I used to dance with my old black Lab in the two years I lived alone with him after my first wife died.  Late afternoon there used to be a program on the radio called Disc Drive.  They used to play a bit of everything fron jazz to Bach.  I'd have it on while getting my supper ready.  Solly would lay in his bed in the corner.  For some reason the DJ seemed to like Poulenc and would often play some.  I'd yell, "It's Poulenc, Sol."   He'd come flying across the kitchen, jump up with his front paws in my hands and we'd dance.  Good memories, still brings a tear.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

I have just had mine serviced 1854 miles ,my son has used it quite a few times. I was going miss the service but I had to have it done as part of the warrantee, I was not happy as all it was is an oil change a check over for £185.

Hubbs just said we have had our car for six years and we have done 94000 miles approx.

Right then. A Mathematical question.

If we have travelled 94000 miles, and each car ride is approximately 25miles long . How many cream cakes will we have consumed over the last six years. 

Answers on a Elephants foot please.slywink

PS we both had a cake each 25mile ride?

• Like 1