How's your day?

Just a thought Have you all remembered to put your clocks back 1 hour?

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

After you have finished polishing your headlight lenses don't forget to rub some high UV sunscreen into them it will help them to stay clear longer. 

Then again in the UK winter maybe you wont be seeing too much sun.

Suffering again with 'toe' ingrowing nail''......so not been out,,,trying to get it seen to is bleddy hard work....anyway when i do i intended to buy some shoes from Matalan..seen a pair a bit back i really liked think about £70,,,so thought i'd lash out not bought any for a few year now...

However been put off by what i read on face-book...Matalan dont take cash anymore PLUS  no checkout staff,,you do it all yer-sen.....anybody know if this is true?....

well our oven croaked today ,so Lovelace put the joint in her new pressure cooker ,it came out superb,I don,t know whether to  fix the oven now, oh and for cooking types she put some stuff in with it including oranges!

• Upvote 1

Untl about 18 months ago,,,i was still going....so after moving started doing em myself again,,,but started paining,,so went to new lady up here,,about 3 weeks ago,,cost £30....and had nowt but pain since,,,,so now trying to see doc to see what NHS can do for me....

Sorry to hear that Benjamin ,I just had six weeks off with flu or covid getting over it all now though ,lets hope 2021 is an improvment

• Like 1

Last time I had an ingrowing toe nail I did the operation myself. It was a bit bloody but it was successful. I don't think now I would be flexible enough to bend my leg that far. There's a good chiropodist in Southwell, who does both private and NHS work. Hyde Barker.

I worked with a Sandra Hyde Barker when I was nursing at Harlow Wood.  Maybe it’s one of her children?

I've only ever been to one once. Nice young lady who trimmed my nails, filed the hard skin round my heels finished with a nice oiled foot rub and sent me merrily on my way with ***! verrucae!  By the time I realised I had it it was well established and a bugger to get rid of.

Needless to say I've not returned.

This morning, before I’d even opened my eyes, my husband went for his usual 10k step walk.  A gale force wind and heavy rain beating on the bedroom window woke me up.  He arrived home, wet through, put some bacon in the pan and came upstairs to get dried off.  When he got back downstairs the kitchen was full of smoke and a pan of cremated bacon on the hob.  All day we’ve had windows open and a fan on.  I’ve wiped everything in the kitchen down, sprayed air freshener and still it stinks.  

Meanwhile, the other day I suggested we get a new shower door for the guest bedroom en-suite as it was rattling a lot.  I got my way, he removed the old door and we took it to the local tip then went to B&Q and bought a new one.  Well, those Chinese are something else!    We got a 35 page  book with no written instructions, only ridiculously tiny diagrams.   Two days on and we’ve managed to put the frame up and had lots of disagreements!  Still need to work out how to insert the static panel and the sliding door.  At least we have a good reason to stay out of Nottingham.

Our little granddaughter has Facetimed us from Czech Republic this evening, just as we were Zooming family in Victoria BC.  The World is so small these days.   Granddaughter is there to learn the language so she can communicate with her mother’s family, and to go to school for a term.  Now their schools are closed due to Covid.  Goodness knows when and how she’ll get back home.  

I have no idea what time it is, this daft clock changing has to stop. 

• Like 1

On most Sunday mornings I get up early, cook myself a full English breakfast on the BBQ with a little assistance from the microwave and weather permitting sit on the patio eating it whilst watching the sun rise over the ocean.

This Sunday's breakfast was ruined by the packaging numpties who have changed the packaging of a staple breakfast food, baked beans. For years all tinned goods have come with a ring pull tear off lid and when I came to open the tin, guess what? No ring pull top, they have gone back to the old style closure where you have to use a can opener and as we did not have a can opener I had to eat my breakfast without one of the essentials.

Sandra Hyde Barker was the year above me.  Another nurse called Carole married Sandra’s brother so it could be one of their children!

How's my day? Well as a matter of fact it is my Nottstalgia birthday !! It was two years today when I signed up. It only seems like yesterday. With 4,628 posts and 46? days won. Maybe it's time I cut back on the waffle and banter.  "Happy Birthday to meee".

• Like 7

Don't cut back BK.........Yes you talk some shit.....but a lot of us do.........well most really........lol

• Like 1

I was in Nottingham this morning doing various bits and pieces. Still not as busy as it used to be in normal times.

I went into Wilko and noticed that their cutlery shelves (knives, forks, spoons etc) are all completely empty, and it was like that a few weeks ago. I haven't  seen any reports of people panic-buying knives and forks, so where's everything gone ? Have the manufacturers shut down ?

Had a little chat by PM with Nottstalgia's favourite grocer this morning.

Following on from our discussion about Fred and Ginger, I scribbled a little song:

LET'S FACE THE MUSIC!

There may be trouble ahead.
Ben's been two-timing,
Entwining with housewives
Who're bored.
He'll face the wrath of Big Maude! :blink:

Before the tear drops are shed
And she discovers 
Katrina, Davina and Lynne,
He'll find his clothes in the bin! :wacko:

Shame!
Not really Ben to blame.
He's like a candle flame
To dames!  :Shock:

So, when the shop sign says 'closed'.
Decked out in Guccis, Armani 
And Levi's and Loakes,
Ben makes the rest look like jokes! :shout:

'Shop with me! I want to banter with you!
Flog Fanta to you
Or Coke?'

And while they dance cheek to cheek,
There's tuppence off packs of Oxydol,
Lux, Daz, Colgate
And crisps.
She'll find it tough to resist! :Shock:

Love!
Over the butter tub.
Next to the Snowfire rub
And Zubes.:blink:

Before the housekeeping's spent.
Before Ben asks her to pay the bill
And while going's still good, 
Slips her a Fray Bentos pud! :Kiss:

Drene, OMO and Germalene
Not like the other teens,
Our Ben. :P

Behind the counter he's sauve.
Adept with bacon, salami, Brain's Faggots and lard.
Ben wants to sell you romance!
Dance?
Go on! Just give him the chance! ;)

• Like 7

Did our shop in the new Lidl on the old Beechdale Baths site Sunday morning, as we entered the automatic one way in door a bloke ran out carrying 2 boxed cordless drills & nipped under that subway onto Ainsley est, told a member staff, he did not seem to bothered, had a look how much these drills retail at £69.99 each  :Shock: 

Caught the number 2 into town yesterday afternoon around 2:30pm only Mrs & me on it, most of the shops & streets where empty, witnessed a lad filling his big Primark bag in JD Sports with a Adidas sweatshirts £60 each & he had a good 8 or 9! Had 2 drinks in Cross Keys, empty, dinner in Bistrot Pierre only 2 other tables taken, jumped the 28 home, empty. 

I can’t see this virus or things improving anytime soon, this is going to go on for years & years, or just becomes the new normal & we learn to live with it :Shock: 

• Like 2