How's your day?

just looked on facebook and this chap who i thought was Tony is in fact Mark Taylor owner of the place. He needs to go on a cause for customer services,

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Mary did Paul and his dad used to be on David lane basford.?. it sounds like the same set up, dad paper work and Paul mechanic. I ask because mum always took her car there as it was recommended by a friend and she was always pleased with them and nothing was too much trouble for them. 

• Like 1

My day which is just beginning. I usually have breakfast with NS but this morning I looked at FB and saw a photo that I thought to put on NS . It's the exact view that we have from the end of our road. I will try to post it with iPad but it doesn't always work out.

In the meantime I'm having some toast with a salted caramel and hazelnuts spread. During this mini lockdown my daughter is making and selling jars of various things from sauces for pasta, chutneys, salted caramel, lemon curd and bagna cauda etc. If you have FB you may have seen them. She's brilliant she never follows any given recipe , it's all her own and she comes up with some unusual things. Sorry got to go more toast is ready, think she'll have to bring me some more SC&H spread back.

• Like 2

This is the photo I tried to post from iPad. I dont know why it never shows up. This is the view we have when we walk 2 minutes from my house. its not my photo but this photographer lives in the house with view. He post some spectacular views.

Monviso in the background

2 hours ago, mary1947 said:

He needs to go on a cause for customer services,

Mary, If he treats all of his customers with such disrespect, he will one day get his comeuppance (I hope). It may come in a slow steady loss of customers, and he may not realise what is happening until it is too late. His own fault.thumbsdown

• Like 1

bad night with toe,,now at AE kings mill,,waiting for whatever,,,told ladies in triage I'll give them a dance if they mend it,,,

• Like 2

My day started with a labour of love and two hours chained to the cooker, fulfilling my gorgeous Granddaughters request of  'Can we have some Scotch Eggs, please Nannar'.  So by the time I had finished cooking two each for all my nearest and dearest, I made a total of 14 in all! Mmmm. Probably take as long again to put the kitchen back to normal.

What the rest of the day holds, I have no idea. Probably, full of 'Spot the difference....Sudoku ....Crosswords....Arrowwords....Wordsearch.....Jigsaws.....Oh my goodness....You would think I would be in Mensa' ? NOT.:rotfl:

• Like 4

Bless you benj. Hope the nurses ease your agony. I'm having similar problems recently so I understand your suffering, even a bed sheet can cause pain. I wont ask what has to be done, just the thought is enough to make me run for the hills! Take care Miduck.:shout:

• Like 1

Thinking of you Ben.  Keep those nurses in line.  ;)

Sitting here in a bloomin' 'urricane.  Wind woke me up at 4.30 am.  Dogs were fretting about it so I gorrup and made us a cup of tea in case the power went out.  Now 7 am so we made breakfast.  Fortunately the lights have stayed on thus far.  Wind seems to have dropped a bit.  We are hoping we just caught the edge of it.

• Like 1

Carni you've inspired me. I've just been given a dozen freshly laid eggs and I was wondering what to do with them as I already have a dozen in the egg basket. Pity I didn't know yesterday, my husband brought in nearly 4 kg of mincemeat. 1 kg went into making meatballs and the rest I made Chili con carne. Sorting out my cupboard where I keep pasta I noticed a couple of those little flys  so out it all came and I threw away the opened pack. The others are large pasta shapes and I have in the freezer loads of ragu so now I'm cooking some of the pasta to make pasta al forno. Busy busy busy....but it keeps me out of mischief. Later I shall probably end up making arancini. My husband wants to make them as an extra during this mini lockdown but he's just rung me to say he hasn't got the patience. I like making them so...tell you later.

3 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Mary did Paul and his dad used to be on David lane basford.?. it sounds like the same set up, dad paper work and Paul mechanic. I ask because mum always took her car there as it was recommended by a friend and she was always pleased with them and nothing was too much trouble for them. 

Not sure Nonna but it does sound very much like it. Pauls dad passed away end of last year and since they Paul never seems to have time to natter to you, he seems has though he has taken a back seat.

Thanks for all your comments,,I'm back,very quick and efficient,, just gave me prescription for pain,,got to see doc and arrange to have nail off,,being a coward dreading it,,but ey ho lay back and think of England,, 

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Loppy, we haven't had a hurricane but we did have a couple of power cuts during the night.

Can't be much worse than here, Nonna.  Seems like if somebody eats too many beans here they blow a power line down.   :biggrin:

Edited to add.....Now 8 am and the worst of it seems to have passed.  It was a fast mover.   Think I'm gonna go out and get me fur trimmed.  Be ready for me birthday.

• Like 1

Sounds nasty, Ben. At least you've got something for the pain.  Can't dance, so how about a song instead.

Oh, doctor, I'm in trouble....

Peter Sellers. Whoops!  I think that's been banned. 

• Like 1

An anecdote for yus Ben. About three years ago, I had to go to Newhaven clinic to have wedge re-sections on the three middle toes on my left foot. The ingrowers were on both sides of the toes, so it was a split down both sides. The worse thing was the two injections on each for !! the was sheer agony. Fortunately, it didn't last too long before the anesthetic took effect. Was able to walk out, wearing a cut out slipper. A friend took me down, but I was able to drive myself three days later, for a dressing change. About nine months later, whilst having a shower, all three nails fell off !! Nothing at the sides to hold them on. All this time later and the nails have started to regrow, but they are still tiny. End of ingrowers though !

• Like 2

Thanks for that, Beekay.  Fortunately, I don't suffer from ingrowing toenails but if I did, you've just put me off seeking treatment.

You see, the best way to deal with me is by tranquilizer dart, when I'm not aware that it's coming!

I'm a 5 star, genuine, copper bottomed coward! :wacko:

• Like 2

"Oh goodness gracious me." :biggrin:

The above was what I was about to post for Jill when my power went off.  Finally back on after three hours.  Judging by the amount of deadfall in my back yard I'd guess a tree probably fell on a line somewhere.  Sun is shining now but it was nasty while it lasted.

Didn't get me fur trimmed I figured the power was probably off at the barbershop.  Have to go tomorrow now.

• Like 1

This is what ive been doing in the last few days.

7-AA56965-AF98-4559-9182-0-A3-B8773-CA8-

And hurt my hands in the process.

7-AA56965-AF98-4559-9182-0-A3-B8773-CA8-

I must have made about 70.