How's your day?

I went fishing to our club's nearest trout lake today and was surprised to see so much traffic?

This evening I had a bonfire all to myself. Should have been for great Grandchildren next door but sadly they were not allowed to share the garden. They could see it from their bedroom though, so maybe something to remember.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

On 11/5/2020 at 5:24 PM, philmayfield said:

If you have an indoor socket adjacent to an outside wall

Don't know why the penny didn't drop before..  The indoor socket powering this PC is still a single and I've been meaning to convert it to a double for ages. It's on the side wall, but about a foot or so from the rear wall of the house and drilling straight through would place the outdoor socket in the side path, but close to the back of the house.  Pretty much ideal.

That's another little job to add to the queue.  I'll probably do it at the same time as I run an ethernet cable to almost the same place (inside), from my music server.

Thanks for the inspiration!

• Like 1

Today I recovered a couple of bags worth of spent compost. Riddled out all the roots, mixed in some alleged 'farmyard manure', from a commercial product, a similar amount of leaf mould of my own making and a bit of potting grit.  Better than shop bought!

Planted up some Anemone Blanda, fancy white Narcissi and a few of last year's Tulips.

Almost sorted now.

We have had a power cut for the last couple of hours and to pass the time played nine card brag by torchlight. To make it interesting I said I would play for a night of passion if I win....

For the next month I shall mostly be on wheely bin and dishwasher duties... :(

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

For the past few days it’s been lovely and quiet near us because of a sink hole which appeared right in the middle of the village High Street on Friday morning!   The road has been closed off except for residents’ access, with barriers round the hole itself!   
It’s almost a metre diameter  and looks about a metre deep.  I suppose it I’ll have to be made bigger so someone can go inside and ascertain the cause of the collapse.  Word is that it’s something to do with a water leak but nothing’s been done yet.  

Plenty to do here today. 7km row. Porridge. Collect eggs and feed chickens. Adrian Marr. 11am end of driveway. Dog walk along canal. Cleared even more leaves.

Tomorrow will be even busier. 10 ton skip arrives for me to fill with soil, roots and rocks prior to the Yew tree being felled. I'm levelling off the courtyard ready to pave another 20 m2. I have dreams about having a 'fountain in the courtyard' but it may well be one of those tiny solar thingies (£4.99 on Bangood) :biggrin:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PeverilPeril said:

I have dreams about having a 'fountain in the courtyard' but it may well be one of those tiny solar thingies (£4.99 on Bangood) :biggrin:

They're very poor quality and don't last long PP. Why spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar? do it properly you'll be glad you did.

A week of mischief for me, I hoped, the wife is staying with her sister for a week due to her sisters medical problem.

After numerous phone calls last night it appears all of my friends are not up to it , so I am looking around the house and garden trying to find things to do, I am not use to making decisions on what I am supposed to do in the house, so it looks like I will be in the garden all the time. I have a feeling she doesnt trust me as she accidently has my credit card with her.

So it will be a week of gardening and walking whilst dreaming of pleasures I could of had. Hope it doesnt rain.

• Like 1

Are you organising a zoom meeting?  If you are, send me a link for it.  It’s free for 40 minutes I believe.   I don’t like my zoom face, but I don’t much like the one in the mirror either!

Rule number one Trogg........when wife/partner leaves you for awhile......insist on some CASH.....Just in case you feel like going down Town......perhaps having a Dance or two or just sitting in a  BAR  Looking good on a high stool....and tempting a nice lady to join you......GO ON TROGG GO FOR IT !!

Just be careful climbing on the 'High stool' they can be dangerous when you have an ingrowing Toe nail and when Dancing keep it close and slow.....lol

• Like 1

Joking apart;;;i think its good to be left to your own devices for a while......give your partner some space..and yourself......i've always done it...and after 35 years still enjoy it..{so does wife)...even have separate holidays...though ive not done it for about 3 years...

I was hoping for ideas from Ben, I thought of a bar and dancing but they are all closed. Takeaway coffees dont hit the mark and drinking beer on a public bench isnt my idea of mischief, there must be a conspiracy against me. Its so long since she has trusted me on my own I have forgot what to do, other than go for a walk and see who I can talk to.

• Like 1

Trogg. iv'e spent so many years working away and being on my own .to me its normal........when i get fit again (fingers crossed) i'm off (covid permitting) it will be sunny Spain, High stool.music and Dance...

Trogg just had an idea........come with me...?

• Like 1

@philmayfield. My avatar on here was taken  2 - 3 years ago.   I stopped colouring my hair about a year ago so now I am a sort of whitish grey.  I actually like it like that, though, and wonder why I didn’t do it sooner!   However,  I keep thinking I would like some bright purple or blue streaks in it (I am NOT talking about a blue rinse btw :rotfl:)
But thank you for the compliment -  I remember you, too x

• Like 3

G o for it MargieH  weave under your fringe after you have got your crazy colour apply and leave 20 mins, colour recomemded Electric Blue.

• Like 1