How's your day?

@benjamin1945  I used to like Babycham - mainly because of the cute little deer on its adverts (and beer mats!). But these days it would have to be fruit juice .... 

@mary1947  electric blue sounds good - you can do it for me when we next come to Nottingham!

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Margie,

Not wishing to be pedantic, but I think you'll find the Babycham beast was a Chamois,  ( you know, where 'chummy leathers come from). Can you still get it , by the way?

This post is carring on from post 441 

Car passed its MOT 

On MOT was this 

Nearside front tyre has nail beded in outer shoulder 

Rear breaks discs pitted and starting to corroded

Now if you read my post on 441 you will see i was not happy with this garage, he did phone and tell us about the tyre, the tyre could not be repaired so the master said well if it can't be repaired put a new one on.  

Going back to MOT i had booked the car in to get the breaks seen to but after the way i was treated i booked it in at another garage.     Took it in Tues, 1 hour later the garage telephoned, can I just ask said Stan "why do you think your breaks need doing."?  So we told him, well said Stan "I can't find any thing wrong with them, they just want a good clean". 

I went to DLVA as it was on MOT  that the breaks were pitted and starting to corroded  If it's not correct on your MOT about your car they can remove wording. Staying that! the word next to problem said (advsories) so it could not be removed off MOT.

I think this is wrong first it was incorrect what had been written, and just say we wanted to sell car and who was buying it saw this comment and we had no proof that any of the work had been done, Would yu buy the car?

IT JUST GOE'S TO SHOW TRUST KNOW ONE

14 minutes ago, MargieH said:

@benjamin1945  I used to like Babycham - mainly because of the cute little deer on its adverts (and beer mats!). But these days it would have to be fruit juice .... 

@mary1947  electric blue sounds good - you can do it for me when we next come to Nottingham!

No problem  don't you think a few deep purple highlights in the back as well?

PS you can still get "Babycham"

Electric blue at the front and deep purple at the back?  That might be too much even for me!  I think just one colour would be great.  

Trogg .have you thought about how we all dressing for this meet up? and ok.be a good natter but dont forget we'll all be dancing as well'''...........so far we only have Margie.Phil.you and me ... need a suitable venue too....

Count me in for the 'bar stool' meetup. Being a special occasion I will wear my dinner jacket. You can tell it's a dinner jacket by all of those stains down the front from lots of dinners! Wait a minute! There will be 'special' ladies there....OK I'll buy a new one;)

• Like 5

Marvellous, my stools weren't good enough when I brought em up, a few posts ago. Even offered to paint em. Would my ballet pumps be in order?

• Like 2

I’ve just been dancing with an imaginary partner to the late fifties songs playing on Alexa.   (Paul was out!).   I danced in bare feet - can’t imagine how I ever managed while wearing stilettos!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50S MUSIC Margie.....great stuff  Dennis lotus...David Whitfield...Dickie Valentine...Ruby Murray...Alma Cogan......Feel like singing.......''Cherry pink and Apple Blossom White'''.........ahhh

• Like 2

Dinner Jacket hey PP.......Getting a bit up market now.....

I Can see the bar stools starting to fill up now.....BK in Ballet shoes....Margie in Bare feet and Trogg in Trainers...Phil not out to impress in casual country yokel style........keep it coming folks...just sorting me best Gucci's out...........

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

See what I mean I always get up to mischief when the wife lets me loose , only been gone 2 days and I am going to a Bar Stool meetup dancing and drinking with many others including young ladies wearing stilettos.

If only.

• Like 2

Looks like it could turn out to be a Lockdown 'Hoedown', now who is learning the banjo? And maybe Pianoman can play accompaniment.

• Like 3

They're big round bales now BK. Not the sort you can sit on. The Lincoln Red cattle at Fiskerton are eating them now.  Their beef is superb. We did use the old style bales for seating years ago when we organised barn dances but that rural pursuit is no more sadly.

• Upvote 1