• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Margie, after chemo I let my hair to grow out naturally, i am very grey almost  white now. Maybe a year ago my hairdresser persuaded me to colour it pink. It was a semi permanent and gradually faded. I did post a photo of it. I now want to have another one when this virus is over. I did have a streak at the front going down the side and as my hair is short it looked good. Aren't we vane? Go for it if your hairdresser is open . It will brighten you up.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, IAN FINN said:

Thought a blue streak was a missile.

That’s me,  Ian.   But I’m a friendly missile and I know where I’m going...

Well thats it then lads just us few and Margie...........Trogg sort the venue,,,,,and all you ladies that aint jumped on the bandwagon  GO EAT YOUR HEART OUT.............

• Like 1

Very disappointed  Lizzie that you were not on first list.....i know i would have got a Dance with you...obviously now  we need to know how you'd be dressed ...before we allow you to join..............Once chairman Trogg sorts the venue out..your application will go to the vote,,,i'm sure you be ok.....

• Like 1

Footwear will have to be knee-high boots now it’s getting chilly but I might be able to find my hot-pants in that suitcase of vintage gear I keep in the loft ........ not saying I’d fit into them mind.  

• Like 4
12 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

Count me in for the 'bar stool' meetup. Being a special occasion I will wear my dinner jacket. You can tell it's a dinner jacket by all of those stains down the front from lots of dinners! Wait a minute! There will be 'special' ladies there....OK I'll buy a new one;)

Hi PP don't forget your pointy fangs   "Just go for those long white necks"

16 hours ago, Beekay said:

Deep Purple, int that a rock group? Can't see Margie wanting them on her shoulders.

I'll have a blue rinse Mary. :rolleyes:

Beekay   "personal Question"  "you can only have your blue rinse if you have hair" or "you will have to have a spit and polish" you can e-mail me with answer "Tell know one"

• Like 1

At Least if we have a meet up 

We will stand out and it will not be a problem finding each other.

• Upvote 1

A whole new meaning to, "The boys in blue".

Mary1947!  I do have hair albeit only 3mm long. Wouldn't take much of a rinse. I could have some of Margies leftovers.

• Upvote 1

Beekay how about some extension's   Now Boys       :jumping:

"Come On "

(I mean HAIR EXtension's)           noblue

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, mary1947 said:

(I mean HAIR EXtension's

To have HAIR extensions,  one needs some hair to fit them to. At 3mm long I've decided to have a perm or maybe plaits. Wouldn't want a ponytail, that would make me look like a saddo. Do you have any perm rollers, the size of chicken bones?

Just got back from eye casualty. I was assembling one of those perspex front door canopies and I’d taken my glasses off so I could see what I was doing (I’m of that age!). I’d got one end of the bracket on and was bending the perspex to get the other end on, when it shot off, and propelled by the spring of the perspex, hit me right in the eye. Apparently I’ve scratched my eye all the way across, fortunately missing the pupil, but can see okay. Antibiotic ointment for 5 days, drops for a month, and go back Sunday for another look.

To add insult to injury, they put something in my eye which (though I didn’t realise until I got home) stained my cheek bright orange. I’ve come home on the bus looking like bloody Coco the Clown!

28 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Couldn't get any first go so had a second stab!  This needlephobic was not happy!

Happens all the time with me Jill.......thin veins...i'm such a delicate soul////

I  went for a Tattoo late one night after drinking in Coalville when i lodged at '''Big Mauds''' it was in a caravan ..whilst waiting with some other drinkers i Sobered up.....and Legged it''........so my body is still ''TATTOOLESS''   and ever more shall be so.....edit.... Why did i tell you that ? oh yes needles scare me to bits.....

• Like 2

Eye, eye, AG,  sounds painful.  Hope you're soon feeling better.  They used to put those orange drops in mum's eyes when I took her for her ophthalmologist appointments. She always washed her face before we came home. It was stubborn stuff to remove.

50 minutes ago, Beekay said:

To have HAIR extensions,  one needs some hair to fit them to. At 3mm long I've decided to have a perm or maybe plaits. Wouldn't want a ponytail, that would make me look like a saddo. Do you have any perm rollers, the size of chicken bones?

I used to perm my mum’s hair and I well remember the tiny rollers which were the size of chicken bones!  The longer ones were pink and the shorter ones were blue.  The hair was rolled up and the rollers were fixed in place with laggy bands.    I quite liked the permy smell but my dad used to complain....

I’m not bothered at all by needles.  Think I’ve said on here before, I used to let the junior nurses practice giving me intramuscular injections (just sterile water) before they were let use on the patients.

.... and tattoos don’t worry me at all either