• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Thanks for your sympathetic comments.  Disappointingly I can’t find any bruises but I’ve got a few aching bits so I can do a bit of limping to (maybe) get sympathy at home.  Won’t be walking far today, the intention is to do a bit of painting (decorating) but I’m not very enthusiastic.  

You’ll be alright once you start, Lizzie.  I’m like that when I’m just thinking what I have to do!

• Upvote 1

That's the second ton and a half of rocks loaded up and taken away. Took the other half of rocks up to one of our fishing pools to plug a leak. This afternoon spent pick axing roots of Yew tree. It will take at least 2 more days but it's the sort of work that I enjoy. Just sitting behind a nice Bourbon at the mo. :happy:

• Upvote 2

A few days agoI hurt my wrist again putting the dog down after grooming her.. The movement twisted my wrist and I heard a crack. The pain was unbelievable. I strapped it up with all the things that I had for my wrist hoping to perform wonders. This was Friday ( no Drs) since I've kept it strapped up then with everything that's happened I've put up with it. Strangely it doesn't hurt until I take the strapping off. I'm just hoping it will heal on its own like it did almost like last time. 

Thanks Melissa.  
I found some energy and enthusiasm and I managed to finish painting a bathroom, feeling pleased with my efforts.  I’m now looking for something else to tart up!   Tomorrow looks to be a nice day, albeit a bit nippy, so we’ll probably go for another decent walk, hopefully not too far though, in case my sore bits hurt ;)

Look after that wrist Nonna, give it time to heal 

Gadding about again,,this time Queens medical,,sat waiting to see my lovely Speech consultant/therapist Bridie,,been having some problems but she will sort me out i know,,

Feel free to delete if not allowed and some of you I have on Facebook may already have seen this but the local Nottingham company I work for have launched an online website that customers can purchase through. They have kindly given us staff a discount code to use and share with friends and family which I'm posting here incase anyone needs any last minute Christmas gift ideas!

https://ttkconfectionery.co.uk/

Code is MELISSA10

And free delivery over £20 

• Like 1

All done and dusted Bridie sorted me out.......Gave my ego a boost as well...she asked me if i would be a volunteer and speak to new Laryngectomees  on a regular basis....apparently there's been a big increase in people having the Operation i had...I would have to go for some training to make sure i give em the right information.......

Told her i'd be honoured and delighted to help....it would also motivate me too to get some sort of life back....Since my OP I must admit ive suffered emotionally.so it would also benefit myself.....i'd love to help people who are going thru the same thing...

• Like 13

Bet they would if i asked Phil....Stethoscope as well...Could ponce about all day in the Hospital then....lol...

Would give me a ''Raison Detre'''...........which is badly needed.........will give the wife some respite too........