• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Back on course. Still have a lot of stump/root chopping to do. Can't get a machine in to do it because the roots have grown around an ancient drain from next doors cottages. Also, the tree was growing right next to their fence and roots go under their property. So it's pick axe and shovel. Once most of the root stems are uncovered I will power wash them off and go in with the chainsaw. It's a big bogger with roots under three properties. The Tree Protection Order (TPO) didn't do any of us any favours.

At last we look like being Cat owners again,,my daughters friend up in County Durham has offered us two kittens a Tom and a she brother and sister,,,they were both rescued dont know the details,,they will be loved and probably spoilt with us,,,its just what our Bungalow is missing,,

Going to practice my Geordie accent to make them feel welcome,,,would welcome any name suggestions? 

• Like 1

Another cracker that Ann,,

The Great Jackie Milburn,,

Ben and Maude,,like it,,

Gonna be hard choosing

• Like 1

Just remember ...  How would it sound when you are calling their name out loud to call them in or if (hope this never happens) they ever go missing?

Our previous cats have been...

Moggy, Moggy 2, Tatty, Stripe, Dexter, Charlie, Dill, Pusscat.  Our present cats are a mother and son called Button and Zippy.  

I should wait and see what the kittens’ personalities are and name them accordingly!

What colour are they?  Sometimes the colour fits the name. I always wanted a black and white 'tuxedo' male and an orange female, and call them Fred (Astaire) and Ginger (Rogers)

My day.. (yesterday) was good.  I don't have any cats for a start. ;)..

Long walk.. including my first ascent of 'Shaley Brow' for many many years. It's the only vehicular road which can lay claim to being a way up Billinge Hill. It's maybe 30-40 seconds in a car... It's more like 30-40 minutes on foot. Very steep and no pavements.

It was dark as I was ascending, so the added issue of trying to avoid being mown down by a motor vehicle. Still.. I made it, then splodged and squidged my way through deep mud to the top of Billinge Hill and then back down to home via a more usual route. As I descended the 'tip road'.. (once a track, but upgraded to take traffic when the quarry on the hill was filled in with waste) I spotted two ghostly disembodied lights ahead of me.  As I got closer I made out the silhouettes of two young ladies dressed in black.. heading up the hill towards me. Each was accompanied by a blue, or red light... floating in he air around them..

Were these Witches?

Err.. No..

Each young lady was accompanied by a black dog, wearing a red, or blue light up collar...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Guttering etc. finished today, cctv camera fitted back up and a dead wire clipped off the front of the house, (there are a lot of wires on the front of the house still haven’t worked out what all of them are for). Must say that they seem to have done a good job, suppose the first downpour will prove it or not.
Certainly makes the house look better, the old ones were cast iron (possibly the originals?) and in very bad shape and the side soffits had peeling paint hanging off it which looked awful plus the front ones were all water stained where the guttering had twisted letting the water run onto the front wall affecting the front bedroom and the (dreaded) fitted wardrobe. Time will tell I suppose. 
I must say the price was a surprise as I have a side extension and a conservatory at the back and presumed (wrongly as it happened) that it would need scaffolding but they had a platform thingy (technical term) that they erected and moved round as they did the job. I was suitably impressed:wub: 

To Carni  sorry to hear you and your better half have succumbed to the virus, hope you are starting to feel better. 

Yesterday I had the pleasure of picking my first " crop" of lemons from my €1.99 twig. There were only 6 but I made some lemon curd, only 21/2 small jars but it was so delicious. So much juice from the smaller lemons . What a great satisfaction. Straight from the tree to the jar.

Today we are starting again with making gingerbread houses of all sizes.. Again a great satisfaction when they are finished. 

• Like 5

Had me cataract surgery done yesterday.  Not a bad experience, but I'm running around like a one eyed pup, reading NS with right eye only due to patch over left eye.  Get the patch off later.  Looking forward to it.  I can see light and shapes throught it.  So the eye is still there.  :biggrin:

• Like 13