• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Rain turned to sleet here. The snow flakes are getting a bit bigger and more plentiful. Kai has retired to his bed as we aren’t going for a walk giving me the sad eyes!
Fingers crossed your cat turns up Margie. 

• Upvote 1

@margie Cats are strange creatures with strange ways as you know. We have an elderly black cat who will sometimes take herself off at night to sleep in the hay in the field shelter. Our security camera alarm just sounded and I spotted on my iPad a neighbour’s cat happily trotting down the drive in the falling snow when it could have been snug at home. You can’t understand cats!

• Upvote 1

Inscrutable certainly.... but I wish his mum (who is still in the house) would go and look for him!  She’s just sitting on the windowsill staring out into the garden

If it is time,  he will not want to be found and his mum probably knows that instinctively.

I hope he returns to you, Margie, but when the moment comes, many cats like to be alone not surrounded by fussing humans and certainty not at the vet's.  I can understand their reasoning. That would be my preference too.

We are too fond of imposing our will on pets and relatives/friends when the time comes to move on. It makes us feel better but it really isn't about what we want. It's what they want. 

• Like 1

@Jill Sparrow  I totally agree with you about their ‘holing up’ somewhere to

get better (or otherwise). One cat we had about 20 years ago was not well and I kept trying to spoon salmon in her mouth because she was refusing to eat!  Eventually she escaped and just disappeared.  She was found about 3 days later curled up dead in some long grass in an unkempt garden a few doors away.   Since then, I’ve never tried to force feed any of our cats.  I just want Zippy to be found (whatever)

I just hate not knowing what’s happened to him.  Loads of people on our local village Facebook page are keeping an eye open for him ....

People who go around saying, "Merry Christmas", should be boiled with their own pudding!

(A famous Scrooge quote).

• Like 1

It's been a hard day pick axing roots out and shovelling soil into the wheel barrow. Then wheeling it around to the skip and shovelling it in. It was too slippery trying to walk the barrow up the plank into the 3/4 full skip. Everything was so heavy, being wet and the soil sticking to the wheelbarrow and shovel. I was freezing and stiff to start with this morning but but soon warmed up and took the waterproof coat off. Then the freezing drizzle got the better of me later on. I must be mad taking this project on but hey, only another 3 cu metres to move. The tree stump is still there. Standing proud from the metre of soil that has been removed to level off the courtyard. It is impossible to chainsaw the roots because they have a lot of stones and rocks embedded in them. Each main root is the size of a decent tree and they have encapsulated next doors concrete fence posts and footings. I'm leaving it for a while until the fence is removed when the legal docs have been sorted (a small parcel of land is changing hands).

8 hours ago, MelissaJKelly said:

Not snowing here yet but been told it is in Grantham so I'm sure it won't be long! Hope your cat is okay Margie!

Not snowing in Grantham close though Melissa. Just dull grey sky.

There's a Grantham CLOSE. as mentioned in my reply to Melissa. But to please you, I will move Grantham or move myself up there. How does that suit.?

Screenshot-20201204-173626-Maps.jpg

Beekay   come and live atThe Orchards were very classy here.

NA!!  honestly Gov we are normal folk.

29 minutes ago, mary1947 said:

Beekay   come and live atThe Orchards were very classy here.

Hiya M. The pity is, we can't even get to visit the bloody place !

Is it true, " you can drive through Jacksdale at 60mph and they can still whip your hub caps off !

Phil, many years ago, my old dad ditched his 20 ton coal lorry, after slipping on ice, just outside of Grantham. When they went to pull it out the following morning, there wasn't a scrap of coal left. All disappeared overnight.

• Like 1