How's your day?

Only cars that have hub caps  are there are cars left with hub-caps?   

Having said that i 'm not a Jacksdaleiran just happend to move here, but it is peaceful  and quite.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I am finding it very hard to get into the Christmas, master is all humbug (as normal) he goes a very pale shade of colour when i mention money, eg buying presents.

Allso another reason i can not get into the Christmas is ?  I have two sons when we arrived at year 2000 i told them that mum was no-longer going to cook Christmas Dinner and i would arrive on one sons door step,  one year,  and the other one the following  year that worked well till the virus came along. Eldest son phoned and said is it our house this year mum? Master and myself both said NO !!we are staying home this year so we can see more than one Christmas. Eldest son was in agreement, then youngest Phoned will you be comming over for Christmas dinner now! his wife  is a doctor's pa,  2 grandsons one at work, one at college the 2 girlfriends are also at college , and they will all be at my son's dinner table. Told him same as eldest son. We are Staying at home, why whats the problem, we want to see Christmas 2021 and a few others. Well I won't say any more, this is one of the problems youngesters don't seem to realise what would happen if mature people catch the virus. 

• Like 1

Late last night, when most of our neighbours were in bed, a truck arrived from Sandbanks with my husband’s new toy.   It’s cozily sitting in the garage now  but no doubt it will be brought out and polished if the grim weather improves.  It’s amusing to me to hear that as a teenager/early 20s he had several similar cars that he picked up for very little money and dumped them (one in a Surrey bomb crater apparently) when they broke down.   In recent months he’s gone from test-driving a couple of Teslas and an Aston Martin and ended up with an 83 year old classic. 
C91-FFE4-F-B438-4-FFD-84-C9-9-AFE788827-

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Hi Lizzie that was my first car a 1938 Morris 8 series2 it was my Christmas gift when i was 9 years old in 1956 i learned to drive it on some waste ground at the back of my fathers garage at Watnall.l could not believe my eyes on Christmas Day would love to have one now certainly a good reliable classic it to arrived overnight in the early hours of Christmas Day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What an exciting present for a 9 year old Ian!  Our two boys learned to drive on a little orange Kubota tractor on our paddock.  The eldest passed his driving test first time as soon as he was 17 but the younger one  took 4 attempts,  he was gutted!  Mind you, he was in a serious car crash the day after his 17th birthday whilst a passenger in his friend’s car.  His pal hit a tree and turned the car over near where we lived in Ashridge Forest, in the middle of nowhere.  They were lucky to survive, our son came off worst ...... 40+ stitches in his face and head and a broken nose.  The scars are not visible anymore, but it happened 24 years ago.  

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Beekay said:

Didn't realise it was that classy and upmarket. Hope no natives are reading this.

You could always move to the Yorkshire coast, nice quiet village.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Gem said:

You could always move to the Yorkshire coast, nice quiet village.

You couldnt get any quieter than around here.

• Like 1

Hey  up ! Wot yo lot tryin to do? Get meto move somewhere else. Ah cant speak Yorkshire thou knows. Nor can ah tread grapes.

Mary i agree about not being able to get into Christmas. Always worked at that time so Christmes was always enjoyed with clients and we celebrated after. This year is different, every day theres new information as what we can and cant do. Restaurants can open here on 13 th but must close at 18.00. Christmas day, boxing day, new years eve and Epiphany included. Now taking into consideration that theyve been closed for so long ( everywhere given a good clean , fridges emptied, heating off, no shopping been done)"how are they going to get organised in time to maybe just accomadate a few people who live in the village. ( we have to stay in our own community and most of our customers come from outside) but they can come to collect takeaway food. Stupid i know. Tomorrow is another day with perhaps another decision from the powers that be changing all that we the people have decided to do. Even if we open ( both restaurants) no more than 6 at a table, theyve got to be joking the italians celebrate in dozens not 6. Rumour goes that italians are in favour of total lockdown and prefer to eat at home. We agree with that by the time everything is in order to open, shopping, cleaning , heating and food preparation,. for the few who will book its not worth it to open. We heard the other day that 19 michelin starred restaurants will never open again. Sad. Makes you wonder how this will end and whats in store for the future generation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beekay said:

Hey  up ! Wot yo lot tryin to do? Get meto move somewhere else. Ah cant speak Yorkshire thou knows. Nor can ah tread grapes.

You won't need to tread grapes they come ready bottled. We are again split by the beck,  how you can put a small village into two tiers is incomprehensible. A small bridge stops us from going for a drink or fish and chips could I send the dogs over with a note...

Either that Gem, or give the chippie a ring and ask them to float your order down the beck, (in a Moses basket).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gem said:

A small bridge stops us from going for a drink or fish and chips could I send the dogs over with a note...

There was a family on Rocester Walk Clifton who had a black  mongrel, about the size of a small Labrador. It was nothing unusual to see it coming down from 'top shops' with a package of sausages all wrapped up from the butchers in its mouth, nobody with it, just the dog happily trotting home

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Margie, has there been any news of Zippy?

Thanks for asking Jill x

He came back late last night but he’s been behaving very oddly - sometimes just standing very still in the middle of the room doing nothing,  not wanting to sit on our knees or be stroked.  He once walked slowly over to his feeding bowl but just looked at it.   He wouldn’t even try to eat or drink.  He went in the garden once but came in after only a few minutes.  He’s been lying quietly behind the armchair nearly all day, but doesn’t seem to be uncomfortable.  If he were to become distressed, we’d take him to the vet... I hate this, but at least he’s chosen to be in the house with us ....

He is seen by the vet once or twice a year, so it’s unlikely but of course, possible.  He’s refusing water (rainwater) as well...  He’s  had a ‘blown’ pupil for about a year but that doesn’t seem to affect him unduly - the vet also knows about that.

I hate times like this....

It's worrying when your pet has problems and you don't know what to do. My daughters dog vomited this morning and worried us all because it was ......... She took a photo and sent it to the vet. ( she can't go out of the community because of this pandemic) he replied and said it was undigested food in liquid form. So she's been in our care all afternoon and has gone from being frisky, quiet and trembling. I know she's hungry but it's better not to try to feed her. The vet wants to know how she is in the morning.

Glad your cat has returned and hope she settles down again. Maybe she's had a traumatic experience.

Tarquin, my tabby and white cat, is on a diet. Getting a bit porky.  This morning, he bolted biscuits and some chicken before I could stop him. Less than 5 minutes later, he threw the whole lot up on my bed! It hadn't even reached his stomach!

It's a jolly good job I love him to bits! :wacko:

Beekay  we can all speak Yorkshire  

you only need to learn these words 

"How Much"

no offence  to our Yorkshire folk.

just a little tale   While on holiday in Spain (many moons ago) we made friends with a Yorkshire man named Sid. Well Sid wanted to buy a fishing rod,  down to the market we went, first stall wanted 10 eruos another 15 euros each time Sid used to say "HOW MUCH" now come on your joking. He tried to bargin with the stall holders, but this did not work. Yes he did get his fishing rod but ended up paying 25euros as the other stall holders had sold all there rods.