• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

We have boxes and boxes of things that we put on one side when my son and his family came to live in this big and rambling old house. It was supposed to be for just a few years until he could afford a house. Prior to covid he got a mortgage approved but then they were all stopped due to the virus. Now he's got to go through the whole business again when this is all over. Until then we keep moving the boxes around and breathing in as the space is getting smaller.

Don't mean to change the subject but...Does anybody if MercuryDancer got his missus back from Eastern Europe? I've not heard owt for a while.

On 12/7/2020 at 6:17 PM, Beekay said:

Here's one just for you Ben

Reminds me of Mum, she sits in a rocking chair with glasses perched on the end of her nose.... sorry Mum

• Like 1
8 hours ago, philmayfield said:

What we have have got is about 30 paintings and prints collected over the years and although not intrinsically valuable it would break my heart to dump them. There is no wall space available for them.

We had that problem when we down-sized on moving to Nottingham.  Our biggest issue with the move was that the buyers wanted to move into our house in 6 weeks.  We had accumulated 30 years of stuff because we’d moved several times and always to a bigger property so we’d never needed to dispose of anything.  We’d got about 30 paintings and prints that just wouldn’t suit this house we bought and we certainly didn’t have the wall space here, so we got a dealer to come and take the lot, all the pictures plus all the ‘country’ stuff that just wouldn’t suit a suburban house.  
Although I still have a beautiful set of Henry Alken original hunting prints that I wasn’t prepared to let go for a song. 
Anyone interested?!! 

We have 2 very huge paintings that I always have problems where to put them, but I would never part with them. We also have a large photograph of an old man that was taken by my niece that was shown in a photographic exhibition. 

Cats arrived last night from Geordie land.........beautiful they are...but have had a hard time,,,they were found with their mother in an abandoned garage along with 3 other kittens....all now got new homes......they seem traumatised by their life so far,,,,so will take a bit of time for them to settle.....wife spent a load on beds and blankets.. feeding trays etc.....So far they have spit at us and gone into hiding in the kitchen clutching each other........Going to let them make friends with us when they ready........ahhh

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

How is young Zippy, Margie?  Is he eating?

Thanks for enquiring  Jill.  We took him for a check up at the vet on Monday morning, even though he was quite a bit perkier by this time.  His teeth are fine., as is his heart and there is no mass in his abdomen. He had lost quite a bit of weight but I presume that was because he hadn’t been eating.  She gave him a painkiller and an anti nausea injection to see if they would help.   We brought him home whereupon he ate a big piece of boiled fish and had a drink of rainwater (his favourite).   So no idea what had been wrong with him.  He’s fully back to normal now I’m pleased to say.  

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, katyjay said:

I think we are going to have to rethink these kitty names. How about Sid Vicious and Pandora.  LOL.

I called my dogs Gnasher and Growler. Two less appropriate names would be difficult to think of, considering they were Norfolk terriers. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norfolk_Terrier

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, Beekay said:

Say Happy Christmas to her, from me Gem.x

Have done Beekay she said I don't know anyone with that name !!! So try explaing social media so someone born in 1917, she sends her best wishes to you and your family.  She is good at shopping on line but gets stuck when it comes to paying, if she didn't have such a good memory for what she buys I might sometimes forget to pay. 

I’ve done something festive! I’ve put up some twinkling lights along the fence at the end of the drive. It’s not really worth a trip to view but if you do, please put donations for ‘The Cats’ Protection League’ in the post box. I’ll buy them all a drink at Christmas.