• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

By law cats in all council areas in South Australia have to be registered and one council is proposing a a "cat curfew" in passing a law for all cats to be confined to their owners property between 9:00pm and 7:00am. The council says it is being brought in to protect wildlife and limit the nuisance behaviour of cats.

Are there any moves to do this in the UK? I think it is a good idea.

Despite their very young lives being rough   amazingly they are '''Litter tray''' trained......expected some mess last two nights,,but thankfully had used their ''Fray''........so dont expect they will be ''Crapping''' on neighbours gardens,,,,but we'll see.........

Ben we have a dog who is very sensitive. She is now 8 yrs old . We got her as a puppy and she has never lost her timidity. Where we got her from was a house in the country, the owner had 2 small children and a Doberman. The children were always picking her up and playing with her. We accepted her but couldn't take her straightaway as we had arranged to go to Nottingham for a few days but the owner said she would keep her for a few days until we got back. During our visit to Nottingham we got a phone call to fetch her straightaway because she was afraid the Doberman would kill her. We got back pretty quick and fetched her. On talking to the owner she revealed that both dogs stayed outside and the Doberman was always loose. It sent shivers through us, we took her home immediately, but she is still nervous. She's treated like a baby and now gets on well with the other dogs despite the difference in size. My husband doesn't pass her without telling her he loves her and kisses her every minute he can. They have a special bond between the two of them but she is nervous when she goes outside and to come back in she's afraid of the door closing on her. She's a good natured dog but always looks sad.

So Ben if your cats are a bit shy it may be that it's their nature. We came to the conclusion that Misty was badly treated by the owners children and left with a much bigger dog, however friendly he appeared to be.

Another thing we've noticed lately, having 4 female dogs in the house their cycle has become " all for , one for all" and although she's been with the other dogs for a few years , she's starting to take an " interest" in the others which she never has before and didn't know what to do.  Now it's a bit too much , we got a spray , it works and if there's a bit too much attention we reach for the spray and they flee like the wind. It's quite funny.

• Like 1

I’ve just heard a cry of ‘good grief’ from the kitchen as my wife took the pork chops out of the ‘fridge. When presented to me for my delectation I could see what she meant. They are rather on the large size to say the least. One is even larger than the other - will that be mine?:biggrin:

Oooohh deep joy !!! Today is a real treat in store.... today I  is having a bowl of stew ! Just about to tear off a chunk of bread to go with it. It's like living in the fast lane Katyjay. And not a chop in sight Phil, (can't get to Newark to buy any). A balanced meal indeed, a bowl in each hand.:rolleyes:

This week hasn't been much fun. Still less for my chum who has a sizeable gash where you don't need one, following hernia surgery!  Thank goodness for morphine!  If he doesn't take it, I don't get any sleep!

Molly the feisty ginger cat has been very well behaved but mine are all giving her a wide berth. They haven't even tried to eat her food! 

The weather's enough to depress anybody!

Roll on spring!

Gave Cats run of the bungalow last night,,think they enjoyed it,,wrecked xmas tree,,used their litter tray and ate all their food,,oh yes woke me up every hour with their Meowing,, still not picked em up and fussed them,,but they telling us what they want,, i just woke up from dozing on bed and ginger was sat on my chest staring at me,,,,love em,, 

• Like 8