• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Got a card and a letter from my old organ teacher today.  I was delighted, I always liked him.  I thought we'd lost touch after he moved to Atlanta a few years ago.  Still an organist and choir master, but things are a bit slow in the Anglican church these days.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Carni would argue that a balanced meal was a box full of Bird's cakes in each hand!

Emphasis on the 'Was'. mmmm. mmmm This Covid 19 hasn't taken my appetite away at all. Well not now we are recovering?:hungr:

• Like 10

No cream cakes 'n no bobbles either. It's a pain in the rear when try to sleep but dearly beloved says not yet...

I think it will be most of next year before we can wander where we will - by then it will long enough for birds to nest in...

Now Confirmed 

Brew is a Hippy   

I told you Brew you can't have any secrets on Notts/N

"" Peace Man Peace"""

I cut my hair again on Wednesday.  I used my Wahl Beard Trimmer on a 'No.3' 10mm setting.  This mostly because Mrs Col moaned when I used No.2 (6mm) and said I looked like a convict. I don't care much.. No.3 just means I'll have to do it again sooner than I'd like, because it is a messy process.  I get into the bathroom, get my kit off and stand on my Turkish Towel.  When I'm done hair cutting, I get most of the hair off the towel into the bin, then shake the towel out in the garden and put it in the washing machine on  rinse cycle.  Doing it this way I don't make a mess on the bathroom floor and only have to wash 1 towel.. and myself.

In other news.. I went for a walk on Thurs afternoon looking for the Scarlet Elf Cup fungus, which I've seen in great profusion locally in one spot. It appears very late in the year.. basically in winter.. but no sign yet.. It is apparently an endangered species.  Fungi are HUGELY important to our welfare as they quietly break down waste and recycle dead stuff.  We should care much more.

Driving home, by which time it was dark..I  turned into a narrow country lane and was delighted to see a Hare running across the road in front of me.  I've lived in this area for 44 years and this is the first time I've seen a Hare.

Friday I did a bit more paving work in the back garden. It hurts my back..

But. while searching my local Buildbase for paving materials.. I came across 'Bestwood Yellow Sand'.. Does anyone know if sand is still being quarried in the Bestwood area?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Brew said:

I refuse to wear a Caftan, beads or a bandana though...

I can see it though Jim...  You as a sort of reluctant Timothy Leary.. or Alan Ginsberg... or even Wavy Gravy... Behind that staunch, rational (small c) conservative.. I reckon there's a rebel ......

:laugh:

• Like 1

wereno1 That's me sussed... rebel without a cause, the madman who occasionally wears odd socks and a watch on my right wrist though I never did tune in and turn on, nor did I drop  out...

If I'm a hippy now when can I expect all the free love I missed out on first time around?

The truth is I'm too vain to do as you do, I'm going a little thin on top and if I buzzcut it I'm not sure it would grow back...  peace out man..

• Like 4

I like seeing men with long CLEAN hair, but also like seeing grade 1 cuts.  What makes me laugh (inwardly - I’d never show it!) is seeing ‘comb overs’.   But, of course, it’s each person’s choice as to what they feel comfortable with...  and it’s the man inside who is much more important anyway x

I had my hair cut a few days ago, having been delayed by the recent 4-week lockdown. But it was nowhere as bad as in the middle of summer after the big lockdown.

I've now had it cut three times this year. That's the smallest number of cuts per annum since I was in my late teens.

8 hours ago, Brew said:

wereno1 That's me sussed... rebel without a cause, the madman who occasionally wears odd socks 

Only wear them occasionally, I wear odd ones all the time ,its the only way I can rebel,  so I must be a complete madman . As a bonus it drives the wife mad trying to pair them up, I have promised to change my ways but I tell her I am too old to change.

• Like 1