• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Margie, the masks came courtesy of my sister in law. She made them for us to wear at Thoresby but as that was cancelled she thought they could be put to use at home. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

He bought them from a disabled cookie seller.

From the last page of the Ladybird book which I read so many times to my children, it is forever etched into my memory.

”Alas, I am one quarter gone.... I am half gone... alas I am three quarters gone.  And after that the little gingerbread boy said nothing more at all!”

Very sad but great for teaching fractions :Shock:

Bk I can still see your picture.

Phil,  did you read that book to your children?  I think the words I quoted have now been changed to make them less upsetting for the children

3 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I seem to recall 'you can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man'.

No they've all come to my house

20201211-191655-Original.jpg

• Like 5
5 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I seem to recall 'you can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man'.

No they've all come to my house

So there:PIMG-0380.jpg

Well I woke up this morning....  (Where have I heard that before?)

....and the house was freezing... The heating controller was showing 17 degrees which is frankly unacceptable.. but oddly, it was also showing the 'flame symbol' as in 'heat demanded', but the boiler was doing 'nowt'. Soon established that the programmable thermostat was dead.  So disappointing.. I've only had it 14 years...

So, quick chat to the heating guy.. who.. as is customary sucked in a deep breath through his teeth and told me 'It will be next week now'. So, I quizzed him on a replacement.. but bought the wrong one..a fancy all singing all dancing remote thingy.  I just need a 'programmable room thermostat'

So.. just till Monday I've fitted a light switch in place of the dead controller and can switch the heat on or off as required, but there's no thermostatic control.. it is on or off.

I'll see what sort of 'programmable roomstat' I can get on Monday.

Meanwhile.. the day I had planned to use 're-laying' paving at the back of the house was wasted..except that I did buy more sand and cement as a sort of comittment to yet more back breaking work....:huh:

• Like 1

Last comment from @DJ360 gave me a chuckle, I'd go see me old fellow (he'd be in his late 80s) & he'd ask me if I could get that sand & cement out the boot of his car, he would then be laid up for a week after a bit of three & one on some rockery, so I went to see Baxter's on Bracebridge who sold & carried it to his car & told him if you sell him anymore DIY stuff I'll smash all your windows.  

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Beekay said:

I thought it were a Guinea pig.:rolleyes:

BK didnt you notice the big ears? Guinea pigs dont have ears. Did you know that if you pick a guinea pig up by its tail its eyes pop out?:Shock: