How's your day?

Pleased they’ve let you go Ben.  You’ll enjoy being looked after at home once again.   Keep up the good work with the kittens - even Babs will relent eventually x

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Hey up Ben, maybe you shoulda took Babs in Kings Mill with you, then she wouldn't miss you. They coulda put her on a personality drip, or perhaps a KittyCovid vaccine.

Seriously though, glad your home mate. Have a great Christmas and Peaceful New Year.

Beekay.

• Like 1

Cheers for that Stewpot :rolleyes: you've saved me bacon. Can I  assume that your instructions are for pc and not Android tablet? Thanks loads mate. B.

A rare day off today, nipped into town for Mrs Reds chrimbo pressy, came back home on one of those yellow electric Wind scooters that are dumped all over Nottingham, quite impressive tanked along Castle Blvd @ steady 20 not sure if it was kph or mph? Someone shouted "Where's your helmet, you owd c**t" think he knew me? Tried to dump it @ the postbox on my street for later, but it would not let me, had to leave it @ a designated parking spots, a bus stop. 

EpcHGlOXYAAxbHB?format=jpg&name=large

• Upvote 1

I do see them abandoned all over the place, odd that you had to leave it at a bus stop RR, tonight I saw one dumped at the corner of Woodborough Road and Magdala, still with its lights on. Is there a truck constantly driving around collecting them?  We’ve rented bikes in Miami and we had to use debit cards before the bike is released from the rack and then park it at any rack, and then the charge is calculated.  
I didn’t mean to quote all RR’s post! 

Sorry Barrie, one of the dogs chewed my € 50 note and I can't afford to go shopping.

IMG-2939.jpg

I’ve just been out on the road to see Father Christmas in his sleigh go past.  It was smothered  with twinkling lights and there were Christmas songs playing.  There were elves following on foot, waving and calling out ‘Happy Christmas’. There were families standing on their doorsteps and lots of excited children.  It was beautiful but it’s made me cry.... sad and happy all mixed together.   I think it may be because we used to take our 3 children to see Santa touring round the streets near where we lived in Leicester..... or it may be because Christmas is so different this year.... or it may be because you never know when it will be the last time you see it ....

whatever reason, I just keep reaching for the tissues

• Like 2

HELP APPEAL FOR ANY ADMIN WHO'S ONBOARD 

Mary1947 has emailed me to contact one of you. She is unable to log on under her own name. She just gets a response saying " This name already taken/exists". She can only get on with "Ida" new member.

Can anyone help to restore her Mary1947 name. Thanking you in anticipation. Beekay. 

We usually get a visit from the 'Santa's Sleigh with accompanying collectors..which comes from the Round Table of the nearby village of Rainford.  We always give something.. but I always find myself wondering if Rainford Round Table return the compliment to our village... Not very charitable of me to think that way.

14 hours ago, Beekay said:

HELP APPEAL FOR ANY ADMIN WHO'S ONBOARD 

Mary1947 has emailed me to contact one of you. She is unable to log on under her own name. She just gets a response saying " This name already taken/exists". She can only get on with "Ida" new member.     Can anyone help to restore her Mary1947 name. Thanking you in anticipation. Beekay. 

Admins are very thin on the ground these days. It might be a long time before such a person appears.   However.........I wonder if the problem might be due to operator error.

If Mary1947 is getting an error message saying 'This name is already taken' that suggests that she is trying to Register as a new member rather than Log in. 

I’ve just seen a man riding a penny farthing on the A617 in Kelham. There was a long queue of cars behind him no doubt cursing. On my way back from Newark I saw him again on the Fiskerton road about to overtake a cyclist. I would have loved to see the expression on the cyclist’s face as he rode past!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Thank you all  for your lovely message I appreciate them very much. Mum had a fall because as she now admits she wouldn't wait 5 minutes. Broken shoulder, wrist and hip she is at home and now doing as she is told. I have help from my daughter in law who has moved in with us for 6 weeks she is a nurse so mum will do as she says. Merry Christmas to you all.

Gem

• Like 2

All good here.

Even this cynical old fart is getting a bit misty eyed about the way that Covid has messed up Christmas for so many.. but I'm still not going to be an idiot.. with a vaccine so close.

Just a case of waiting our turns now...:mellow:

Really glad it's the shortest day tomorrow or thereabouts. (It's a bit more complicated than that.. but 'Hey')  So.. things get brighter very slowly from now. Generally speaking .. it will be light at 5:00 pm by first week in Feb... :yahoo:

According to the Omni calculator, we will get our vaccine somewhere between 20 - 31 January but who knows... that will depend on lots of factors.  At least the Pfizer vaccines are still being allowed into Dover from Belgium, according to the news this morning.

• Like 2