How's your day?

No but i like it Nonna.........funny thing is since Margie mentioned her cats in the window.....mine have been in ours all afternoon    

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

This couple was a gift from my son& daughter when they were teenagers. They said it was a true likeness to their parents.smile2

• Like 1

Lovely day today:biggrin: I went fly fishing on a club lake. Only landed 2 but saw 3 other club members and had 'distanced' chats. It was warming to be able to communicate with others and to share the privilege of being out on a beautiful New Years Eve day observing the wildlife. Checked out the hens when I returned - they are fine and laid 3 eggs. Just enjoying a large single malt. Life is good.

Best wishes everyone :yahoo:boombox2:yahoo:

• Like 6
37 minutes ago, trogg said:

My day has been much the same as every other day for the most of this year.

But next year is going to start off the same but it is going to turn into one of the best years of my life, I do not know how but with things starting to change its going to be great for me and for all on here.

So I wish you all a happy and healthy new year and may all your hopes and dreams be fulfilled.

I believe that 2021 will turn out to be a good year, too, Trogg!  
I feel that things will turn out well - not sure how, but I just feel they  will!

On a different subject, I’ve just been watching ‘Beauty and the Beast’  on TV (not the original animated one ) and that’s made me feel good too  - that beauty isn’t an outward thing ... it comes from within.   I love films like that.

All  the best to everyone reading this today.  Perhaps we’ll be able to meet in person in 2021 .... I really hope so.  Love Margie xx

• Like 7

As to 2020, I've known better years but I've also known far worse. It's just another term in the great school of life. Not bottom of the class, Sparrow, but could do better!  Needs to make more effort... but not tonight!  A peaceful, happy, healthy and contented new year, everyone.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

No but i like it Nonna.........funny thing is since Margie mentioned her cats in the window.....mine have been in ours all afternoon    

Maybe Ben, your cats have been reading Margie's posts, while you weren't looking.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Maybe Ben, your cats have been reading Margie's posts, while you weren't looking.

Our 2 have been looking out of the window nearly all day because it’s been frosty and cold outside.  They’ve nipped out a couple  of times for a quick loo break but they prefer being in the warm....

59 minutes ago, catfan said:

Daughter fully recovered.

Glad to hear it CF. Hope all of you have a healthy New Year. B.

• Like 1

Not really a bad day just an ordinary day in fact. Lunch was a bowl of lentils (traditional here with cotechino ) Tonight smoked salmon, then octopus and potato salad with a Cannolo to finish. A bottle of pink Prosecco and greeting the grandchildren on the stairs with a promise to buzz them at midnight. Just settling down with A Sambuco and maybe a Limoncello.

To every single Nottstalgian a very happy new year with the hope that it brings us what we all wish for.

• Like 5

If you are into music   Then!!!!!

TO-DAY  BBC2 @ 10-15am

NEW YEAR'S DAY COCERT FROM VIENNA

one of yhe best programs on TV>

Made the first entry into new diary this morning. 84kg 10013m 49.18.4 R25. This is my daily indoor rowing log. Weight, distance, time and rate. I then looked at last years Jan 1st entry = 86.5kg, 10041, 50.00.1, R25. Quite pleased that I was a bit lighter and quicker.

January is the most important month for me on the indoor rower. I am a member of the ANCIENTS, a US based cyber rowing team with an average age of 79. Concept 2, the Worlds leading rowing machine maker hold what is known as the 'January Challenge' where each team logs as many metres as possible. I did 500km last Jan and hope to do more this time :biggrin: It's a great start for base fitness that carries through for many months.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There were some pretty fireworks at 11.45pm, more from somewhere else at 12 o’clock then intermittent loud bangers up to nearly 12.30am!  The cats were terrified.  We went in to the room to see if they were OK and they were cowering in a corner of the room.

The latter were coming from the direction where some silly teens/young twenties live.  They are the ones who often ride too fast on the village roads on their small but too loud mopeds? thinking they are so cool....

Made a couple of New Year's resolutions

I will not be kneeling for anyone at any time, ‘cept’ perhaps if someone suggested a gentle tap on my left shoulder with a Knighting Sword.

I will not be eating a diet based on plants and concocted in a lab by some chemical trickery.

• Like 2

I’ve been outside washing two cars. Gosh it’s cold out there but it had to be done! Our country roads are very muddy and the cars were filthy. I’m glowing now and eating a sardine bun. Perhaps the interiors this afternoon if I can tear myself away from the warm house.

• Like 3

Successful night spent in tent followed by a bike ride at 0615hrs this morning. Arm stopped bleeding; hip and knee now swelling nicely - black ice on downhill No permanent damage to bike so had breakfast (Beans on toast), then hopped into car and went for a walk in Sibster wood before doing a bit of tree pruning in the sleet and wind. Relaxed with a railway magazine in polytunnel, well wrapped up; now about to enjoy a Baileys by the open fire and watch Steve McQueen's "The ̷S̷l̷o̷b̷ Blob" (Recorded earlier) ...might have a slice of toast and home-made jam, done in front of the fire like we did in "Olden days". Happy New Year to fellow nutcases

• Like 7