How's your day?

Have a lovely day! Enjoy all that you are allowed to enjoy without contravening the restrictions.

Let's hope next year will allow a celebration out of lockdown at home.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

As Kenny Lynch said Margie, "Up On The Roof".

'At night the stars put on a show for free,

And Darling, you can share it all with me'.

15 hours ago, MargieH said:

Col, perhaps the ‘old’ tulip and anemone bulbs have somehow worked their way up nearer to the surface?

Doubt it Margie as they were all stored over the summer and re-potted in Autumn.

Happy Birthday to Mary! Hope it's been a lovely day.

Had a walk up the hill earlier.. but it was a very nice morning and far too many people about for my liking. Also did a bit of ice clearing, and a session on the weights.

I had a decent walk today too, in the afternoon sunshine.  Up through Sherwood, into Woodthorpe Park (Margie’s old stomping ground), waved at Mrs and Mrs Catfan in their Ivory Tower, unbelievable number of dog-walkers in the park and can’t believe I never took old Jack there.  Headed up to Mapperley Top and along Woodborough Road back into the safe environs of Mapperley Park! 
Roger averages way more than 10k steps a day but I’m rather lazy and only go on a determined walk a couple of times a week when in Nottingham ( it’s a lot more pleasant walking on the coast so clock the miles up when there) 

At the weekend we ventured to Phil and Letsavagoo’s neck of the woods and did a bit of muddy countryside/riverside walking which was enjoyable too.  So long as it’s not too cold I shall keep walking regularly.  

• Like 4

Lizzie, I’m jealous!  The park won’t be looking it’s best at this time of year but glad you enjoyed the walk x

• Like 1

@LizzieMIt’s funny you coming out to the Trent Valley to walk by the river and yet I haven't been down there for at least 15 years. I was watching the sun rise over the Trent hills this morning from the warmth of my bed having discovered it was minus four outside. The most scenic stretch is from Hazleford to Hoveringham where the hills come down to the riverside. It starts to get a bit flat and open in the other direction downstream. I used to cycle along the towpath in my ‘keep fit’ days but now I find cyclists annoying, clogging up the lanes in their silly outfits so I don’t want to be associated with them. An interesting feature is Hazleford island with a weir on each side. There is an access bridge to the lock house but you may need a key to get across. Before the bridge the access was by boat and a taut rope whereby you had to go hand over fist to pull it over. The island is a totally unspoilt natural area that hasn’t been touched by agriculture, fertilisers and weed killers. You can get there by boat of course and there are moorings above the lock.

I’m supervising our 2 grandchildren (11 and 9) as they do their online lessons .  They are using ‘Teams’ not zoom.  It’s a good job they understand all the technology as it’s beyond me.  They have lessons partly delivered by the teacher speaking, then written materials sent on Firefly and write answers on One Note (I think). They can ask questions to the teacher either by speaking or text.  The older child has 7 lessons each day and the younger one has 6.  It’s very well organised and the children seem to like it, sitting at their desks in their bedrooms.  They even have PE lessons, and the younger one is making lemon biscuits this afternoon in his Food Tech lesson - the recipe was sent yesterday so they could get the ingredients.   I’d better go and supervise again now as lunch time has just finished ... I’m quite enjoying it 

• Like 2

Mary, sorry I missed your birthday but hope you had a good one in spite of today's situation.

• Like 1

13k on the rower. Kettle of hot water to unfreeze hens water. Collected 3 eggs. An hours work digging and carting. Lifted some carrots and parsnips. Another 8k on the rower. Now drinking a beer :biggrin:

Good news from the Govt and angling clubs - fishing is allowed as long as we stay local and keep to ourselves. Luckily I can walk to the Trent and the T&M canal. Life is good :biggrin:

• Like 1

I managed to get a hairdressing appointment today and that's where I'm at. Gelled hands, got my handbag in the big plastic bag provided, hung my coat up and I'm sitting down waiting. Two assistants both occupied and one customer in front of me. I like to watch colours being applied a d hair being cut but the customer in front of me is really being scaled. Oh well.as long as shes happy. A bit boring but it's what im doing today. The lady that was in waiting has put her coat on. Shes apparently had her hair done. Looks a mess but shes obviously happy too. My turn now. I'm only having it cut and I know my hairdresser makes a good job of it. 

Crumbs Ian, that’s cheap, but I think the Canadian cost of living is less than over here.  Very generous tip though, us Brits aren’t such good tippers! 

Ian, I only have my hair cut and it's usually always short. I used to be a hairdresser so I can always manage it myself. I've stopped coloring it. I was advised to cut my hair short and stop coloring it when I started chemotherapy. I am happy with it like that ( but didn't think I would be). It had got quite long. So I cut it at the back and waited and waited for a suitable time to book. I couldn't wait any longer. I pay only € 25 each time. Tipping isn't used here , usually at restaurants but even then isn't common practice. Your wife I would say pays what I would think fair although I don't know the exchange rate. I don't think it would be far from the euro in value. A tip of almost 30% is very generous. As long as she's happy and looks good whatever she pays is ok as long as it isn't exaggerated.

• Like 1

I go for the low maintenance hair cut now as a lot has gone it costs 20 dollars plus 5 dollar tip. I asked the barber what it would cost for a shave he said 12 dollars so i said ok shave my head but he wouldn't.