How's your day?

Today I started to tidy up the freezer so out came everything. It's a huge freezer and it was beginning to  look empty and it was so iced up.So we spent the morning with hammer and chisel (not quite but almost)  defrosting it

Food put quickly back in and now I can find what I'm looking for. This afternoon did a mega mega shop from household products to food. 2 trolleys overflowing so now we are ready for the lockdown we are expecting next week

We now have to find plenty to do in the next couple of weeks

Oh well.we were expecting it.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I did little today (Weds) apart from arguing online. Mostly with some woman who is incandescent with rage that I actually had the temerity to email my GP surgery to suggest that they add more info to their web site, both because people need it, because they promised to do so and because if they don't people will be telephoning because of the lack of info.  All I get from this woman is that I am personally responsible for the collapse of the NHS because I am 'constantly' seeking info I don't need.  In many circumstances I would have told her exactly where to go.. and in what manner.. but I decided to remain polite and inform her that since we clearly will never agree.. I will not respond further.  She's still bloody wittering...

So.. I need to get something done tomorrow.  Infection rates around here are terrifying at the moment, so even going for a walk is a bit scary.  Maybe weights... or worse. try to tidy the garage..

• Like 2

P_______off  and just got out of bed 

Not sure a ranting/moaning DJ will get you any nearer jumping the jab queue, I not suggesting it ever happens, but you wouldn't want things with your name on being pushed to one side for a little while/days/weeks/lost/missing would you :rolleyes:

• Like 1
10 hours ago, DJ360 said:

I do believe I still have a couple of 60s vintage cravats lurking somewhere.  Used to much prefer them to ties.

Always wore a Tie Col...but nowadays its a cravat (health) but mostly a Neckerchief,,,to hide my speaking Valve....even now sat typing this at home wearing one,,,can be any piece of material looped round the neck...my favourite is a silky black one...:rolleyes:

I am a Vane Romantic and don't mind admitting it....all the Cowboys ..John Wayne,,,Clint Eastwood..Gary Cooper...etc  wore Neckerchiefs....love to have been an all dancing and singing Cowboy.......now must round those ;Pesky'' cows up....lol

• Like 2
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Always wore a Tie Col...but nowadays its a cravat (health) but mostly a Neckerchief,,,to hide my speaking Valve....even now sat typing this at home wearing one,,,can be any piece of material looped round the neck...my favourite is a silky black one...:rolleyes:

Its not a black thong by chance Ben? When you said black and silky well...

• Like 1

A bit of good news this morning. My husbands surgeon rang him this morning. He's had 2 operations for his hip cancelled due to covid. He's at 

" the fruition" as he calls it. He can't sleep he's in such pain. I saw his surgeon when I went for my hand I told him he couldn't take any more. Anyway the phone call was to ask the situation today and he told him that operations were starting again and when he calls he will be the first patient.

Husband has a shoulder too that gives him problems and at the last call he was to have an op but that again was put on one side because his hip was more important. But he asked his surgeon to have a look at it at the same time so he's got to take all his documents relating to it. Let's hope it's soon.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Snowing Heavy last couple of hours up here North of Bulwell...settling too...............

We've had quite a few snowfalls lately, it lasts a few days and disappears only followed by another one.Round here there is very little but going into the village yesterday there are mountains of ploughed snow on the sides of the roads which will probably thaw by Easter 

16 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I’ve been looking on Amazon and I see these necktie things are called bandanas. I’m looking for a dirty red one from where I can pull out my harpoon!:biggrin:

Look again Phil ..under Neckerchiefs.....just had a look and ordered two..they look nice...........

I hope Alex gets it very soon. A hip replacement is a complete transformation. I wish I’d had mine done sooner. It was just pre the first lockdown and the NHS waiting list was extensive. If I hadn’t paid myself I would still be suffering with no end in sight.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I’ve been looking on Amazon and I see these necktie things are called bandanas. I’m looking for a dirty red one from where I can pull out my harpoon!:biggrin:

"And was blowing sad while Bobby sang the blues.

With those windscreen wipers slapping time and Bobby clappin' hands,

We finally sang up every song that driver knew   '  :)

• Like 1

I am still waiting for another new right shoulder, I have been waiting 2 years and had to postpone it twice . First time to have a kidney removed the second time my choice with personal problems and also the corona virus risk. The Consultant said I had made the right choice. Hopefully it will be carried out soon after April.

Being right handed beside the continual pain I am unable to carry out many tasks, the upside is that it means no more washing and drying pots, I drop too many and no other housework. What ever the situation there is always an upside so stay positive.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, trogg said:

What ever the situation there is always an upside so stay positive.

I'll second that, trogg. That philosophy has also kept me going on a few occasions over the years. You've had more than your fair share of medical misfortunes, but you're still posting, so keep on with it !

• Like 5

There does seem to be more potholes around than usual at the moment.

It’s murder round here on the country roads. Not long back Notts CC were showing off a new pothole repair machine which did the complete job and I did see it twice round here. The repairs were excellent and have lasted. Whether they bought it or if it was on trial I don’t know. The traditional idea of putting a bit of tarmac in and thumping it down doesn’t last. Surely modern epoxy materials and proper hole preparation should do the job.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, radfordred said:

Not sure a ranting/moaning DJ will get you any nearer jumping the jab queue, I not suggesting it ever happens, but you wouldn't want things with your name on being pushed to one side for a little while/days/weeks/lost/missing would you :rolleyes:

As usual you get the wrong message.. I sometimes almost think you do it on purpose. :rolleyes:

I am not interested in jumping any queue, I did not rant and moan.  I sent in a perfectly polite and reasonable message asking for the info on the GP website to be updated.. as promised. I did this because many people..me included.. would like to know where things are up to.  I don't think that is unreasonable... especially when that is exactly what was promised. 

And as I stated yesterday..it might be coincidence.. but since I contacted my GP Surgery FIVE updates have appeared on their site..linking to all of the information people (and not just me) need, in order to understand what is happening.  I also received a text this morning explaining that they hope to complete vaccination of all 80 years olds by next week. So it will be over 75s next.  Then over 70s.

Of course.. if you don't have a mobile phone.. or the internet.. there is no way that you will know any of this..so a lot of people are still in the dark. 

If you've ever been stuck in a foreign or even UK airport..wondering WTF is happening with your flight.. you will know that the most frustrating, worrying and angering thing is lack of information. It's not confined to holidaymakers.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, philmayfield said:

There does seem to be more potholes around than usual at the moment.

It’s murder round here on the country roads. Not long back Notts CC were showing off a new pothole repair machine which did the complete job and I did see it twice round here. The repairs were excellent and have lasted. Whether they bought it or if it was on trial I don’t know. The traditional idea of putting a bit of tarmac in and thumping it down doesn’t last. Surely modern epoxy materials and proper hole preparation should do the job.

It's a natural consequence of the prolonged freeze for the last week or so.  Frozen water.. i.e. Ice.. will exploit any weakness in the road surface which was filled with water.  Water expands when it freezes and breaks up surfaces.  I noticed a lot of of new potholes when out walking today.

9 hours ago, radfordred said:

Broken coil spring, bleddy road humps & pot holes.

Who Ya Gonna Blame?  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

So today.. or yesterday as it is now.. I decided to find a decently long.. but 'flat' walk.

So.. I walked out of our 'development'.. essentially downhill... along Rainford Road ( I will provide a map later..)  Over Gores Bridge, to Red Cat Lane . Right off Red Cat onto a public footpath to Rainford Brook Farm, and then via a bit of a wobble to Red Barn Farm..which leads onto Red Barn Lane. Red Barn Lane has some beautiful houses.  Some are extended..developed old Farmhouses..some are new...ish.. Old buildings typically date from 1600s to 1700s. It's an interesting area. Anyway.. I thoroughly enjoyed my walk and did a bit over 8000 steps.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4995772,-2.734677,1116m/data=!3m1!1e3

• Like 1