• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Back from Doctors had my blood taken...but daft as it sounds was nice to get out.....wife drove......

Good to put proper clothes on....Jeans...nice shirt...neckerchief...and my almost new very stylish 3/4 length coat.........very slippy had to take Walking stick...good job i'm not Vane int'it............lol

• Like 3

Yes Ben it is nice to get out. I did the other day but it was only to shop but it did make a nice change. Also in the village lots of things have changed. A few years ago , near us there was a landslide ( its mostly hills and vales here,) and finally it's been repaired and all the barriers have been taken down making a very narrow road wider again. So now we don't have to worry that going over the brow of the hill we'll meet another car thinking the same thing.

We get a lot of potholes around here especially in the summer as there are always tractors going back and forth to tend to the vines. We are only a country road usually with little traffic but when the vendemmia comes round it's like the north circular road. The potholes are repaired, come winter and they fill up with rain, freeze, break up the tarmac and the process starts again. This year after years of asking the council to do something they have retarmaced the road but have left the piece where the tractors turn because there are no potholes but that belongs to a different commune and it's not their responsibility.

Husbands just heard he has his virus check on Sunday and has his op Tuesday, with a possibility of going into hospital Monday evening.

Excellent news.

• Like 4

Good news Nonna, I sincerely hope all goes well and Alex has his operation. May I wish him a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

Had a look at your map Col. Pity you couldn't do an outline of your route, for dimwits like me. Zoomed in but couldn't see your gaff or you waving. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Morning Margie, I think I might put a map picture of where I live. Once I can work out where you get the link or map reference. "Happy days".

BK look on google maps and type in your address. Mind you it might be like ours taken years ago and things have changed

I'm ok with that Nonna, just thought it was a grid reference. 

Just received me monthly prescription of medicines. Kitchen cupboard looks like a bloody pharmacists shelf. :rolleyes:

20210115-110952.jpg

I can see the gates I painted. Is all that complex your gaff ? Could see your swim pool, zoomed in but dint see you sitting there.

Whilst soaking me TOE........the wife put Barry on singing 

''Copacabana''    Her name was 'Lola'''

Just had to get on me feet and Dance with her......mind you i looked a bugger   tracky bottoms up to my Knees,and,Bare feet (yuck) .....still...it made her laugh...........

• Like 1

No BK it's not all ours. It's a group of old farmhouses., 6 in all but only 3 inhabited. The pool that stands out is our next door neighbours at the back of the house. Ours is at the front, it's not obvious as it has a dark grey liner. The car on the drive is my dil's the smaller house at the front is my daughters, the whits car pointing in is mine. If you look carefully you might see the cactus!

14 hours ago, Beekay said:

Had a look at your map Col. Pity you couldn't do an outline of your route, for dimwits like me. Zoomed in but couldn't see your gaff or you waving. :rolleyes:

I mentioned a number of road and farm names.  If you zoom in you will find them. However.. I also took a lot of photos with every intention of posting them... but late last evening we realised that the house was getting a bit chilly...

It turned out there was a fault on the CH boiler so that we had hot water.. but no circulation through the radiators.  Typical... coldest night of the year.  So I spent a lot of time trying what little I know about boilers.. to fix it.. to no avail. I also had to drag a couple of ancient fan heaters out of the garage to give us some heat... Spent most of Friday sending texts and pictures to the Plumber Guy.. who I know is very busy. He turned up about 5:00 pm and found the fault but had to drive back to his home for some bits.. returned and fixed it. (For the technically minded.. some components inside the diverter valve had.. unusually, failed) 

All good now but using a couple of 3KW fan heaters all day just to maintain 19C in the house will have cost a few quid... :Shock:

Also really didn't much like having to let the guy into the house..as he has been in and out of numerous houses on a daily basis.. but he wore a mask and I stayed out of his way. I also opened all doors and windows for a few minutes after he had gone.

Paranoid?  Moi?

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Beekay said:

Morning Margie, I think I might put a map picture of where I live. Once I can work out where you get the link or map reference. "Happy days".

Easy.  Go to Google Maps.  Find where you live.. either leave it as a map, or select 'Satellite'.  Home in on the bit you want to show. Copy the URL from the Address bar and post it here...

Here's the house I useter live in in Nottm.. which is no longer nything to do with my family:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.9975478,-1.1758293,59m/data=!3m1!1e3

And if you pick up the little yellow figure bottom right and place him on your map.. you can then move his view about.. which is how I got this:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.9977369,-1.17597,3a,38y,151.87h,98.1t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sMZEqVdQhBNQ3SDTEHhqaTg!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo0.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DMZEqVdQhBNQ3SDTEHhqaTg%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D68.018105%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192

Odd to think I spent my formative years there.. and it was a lovely place to live..

• Upvote 1

There is a bright light outside - discovered that it's called the sun :biggrin:

Did the usual 10k on the rower this morning. Another 20 planned for this afternoon while watching the snooker. Half way through the challenge to reach Inverness by the end of the month.

• Like 1

K

just spent a happy afternoon walking round Woodthorpe, Sherwood and Mapperley (on Street View!).  Feel quite worn out with walking up all those hills....

I accidentally turned into The Wells Road from Woodborough Road and saw there was a place called The Haunted Museum - what's that then?