• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Paradiddle said:

Margie, that's the old Majestic cinema, our local many moons ago!

I did wonder about that as I’ve read that the Majestic was now a ‘haunted’ attraction.  I suppose the entrance  on Wells Road leads to the back of the Majestic?

3 minutes ago, IAN FINN said:

Where was the Majestic Cinema? Never heard of it.

It was on Woodborough Road between Wells Road and Porchester Road

Good Day.

Today the sun was shining, so I came up with the bright idea of getting the cycles out of hibernation in the garage where they have been since October.

Seeing as I moan so much if I have to endure a walk in the park, Chris jumped at the chance. We decided to take it easy, seeing as we both have chest problems, just a five miler on the flat.

When we got home, we felt really pleased, today felt as if we have achieved something.

Onwards and upwards aye Miducks.

PS, Chris got a bloomin' puncture two miles from home . Daft Bo99er.:Shock:

• Like 5

Margie that's what I wanted to reply to but you beat me to it. Well done Carni and Chris it's quite an achievement and you should be proud of yourselves

• Like 1

My daughter decided to walk to work this morning. 1/2 hr very frosty. Down the road she videoed 4 deer crossing the field. It's beautiful. Just lately on FB some people have been grumbling about them and wild boar crossing in front of their cars. My reply was for them to drive slowly and enjoy the site, it doesn't happen every day. Because of lockdown there arent any tractors or traffic to disturb them so they too are getting more adventurous. Tomorrow morning I'll go out about the same time to see them. I know we have quite a few round here but they're fairly shy. Those who are friends on FB I think my daughter will have already put it on my page.

Out today.......all excited......only going for a medical appointment but just nice to get dressed properly ...feels good.......

• Like 4

My husband has just phoned me. He's had his op and is now in bed gradually defrosting. He had an epidural. I wasn't expecting to hear quite so soon so it was a surprise. Now he thinks he can do everything again as he used to......Noooo sorry you're going to stay put for a while your not indispensable. He should be home before the weekend.

• Like 9

Many thanks Phil I will,pass it on. Last time he had his other hip,replaced he was active in a short time. The operation was in his groin instead of the leg. Apparently they don't do that op anymore

I didn’t realise he’d already had one done. He knows exactly what to expect then. Mine was done last March when the virus kicked in. They panicked and released me prematurely. I knew I wasn’t ready but they knew better apparently. Anyway I relapsed and they had to send a private ambulance to collect me and have me back in for another couple of days. I would not recommend that particular hospital. The surgeon was brilliant but the on-site doctors came from a country where human life is more expendable!

Odd that. Someone I know had a hernia op at around the same time, privately. May have been the same hospital. He ended up back in there...twice!  It was a double hernia and the first stage was done on the NHS with no problems, pre virus. He has a house in Cyprus as well as one here and needed to get the op done as his wife has MS and relies on him to a great extent.

The friend who had stage 2 of an inguinal last December at Kings Mill has experienced no problems at all.

Strange? I had a hernia done as a day case. In and out in 6 hours. Took my cycling magazine in thinking I could read it during the op but too drowsy. Stiches dissolved quite soon, then riding the indoor bike just over a week later. I was quite young then though having not tuned 70 :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I had an Hernia OP when i was 18....was in City Hospital a week...had metal clips for Stitches...still got the Scar.......

Trina met me when i came out....had a passionate session against the High school playing field fence...back in Hospital next day,,,problem with Stitches........:ohmy:

• Like 3