How's your day?

Gem, I too am sorry to hear you lost your Mum....and you have my sympathies.

I hope you can take some comfort from the fact that your Mum's passing was 'in the order of things'.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

My own day was mainly punctuated by my attempts to cut my hair.  I used my Wahl 'Beard Trimmer'. 

I get my kit off and stand in front of the bathroom mirror, shaving away at my beard and my hair.  I stand on a towel.... to catch the flowing locks...

I'm getting better at it. so that I can now get the 'main cut' of my head pretty neat using a No.3.

Last time.. I also used a No.2 to go around my ears..and I messed it up.  This time I got it better.

Finally.. I used a very close cut to try to create a clear end to my hair at the back.  That didn't go so well.. and I ended up with a messy sort of 'serrated egde.'  Mrs Col came to the rescue and sort of fixed it.. though I think a bit of growing out is needed...

Still. It's not like I'm going to a posh restaurant where stuck up waiters will look down their noses at me... Or some trendy club where hordes of young ladies will be 'checking me out'.. :laugh:

• Like 2

Well done Col, although you needn’t have given so much information at the beginning of the second paragraph!  Some of us have vivid imaginations...

• Like 1

It's going to be a good day today. Husband coming home after having to stay in another few days. 

Both son' and daughter takeaway were a huge success, sold out everything. English steak pie and english teatime treats and Tex-Mex Very pleased for them in this gruesome time . 

• Like 6

It was the air ambulance. It landed in the field next to the Waggon. It’s just taking off now. It’s just flown over the house on its way back to base at Waddington. It didn’t have the transponder on when it flew in but it’s switched on now. It probably wasn’t needed for transport. No doubt I will hear all about it on the village grapevine. I’m watching it on Flight Radar.

Roads must be getting bad, just watched a car being pushed up the hill outside my house. Dreading letting Kai out later he won’t want to come back in!

9 hours ago, philmayfield said:

‘Italians prefer prefer proper English food rather than that foreign muck they are forced to eat every day’! :hungr:

Shall I tell you what the Italians say about English food when they are in UK?

Maybe not, might offend RR.

You must have had plenty of "foreign muck" when you followed our restaurants all over Nottingham.:rotfl:

Went into Nottingham this afternoon, master had to get to the forest for 5 00 pm appointment for Covi jab. Left home 3 00pm plenty of time roads not too bad. Fine till we got to Moorebridge island then WHAM !! car was sliding all over (not just us) there was about 6inc snow on the road which had turned ti ice. Have 4 wheel drive so car went into action. From Moorebridge to island city hospital it was arduous cars were sliding side ways. every car had its hazzords on small hill and some cars could not get up it. At city hospital island a 4x4 came a round it slde ways then up the hill cars were sliding back. What was amazing you would not have known it was lock down plus a Sunday afternoon. With how many cars were out and the forest was full and i mean full of people. Any way arrived at covi jab place right on time.  

9 hours ago, Beekay said:

Wonder what Steak and Kidney pie with spaghetti would be like?

Or maybe egg, chips and Tagliatelle.  :rolleyes:

beeky, have you got no finesse. Maybe that's the English version.

DJ360

From one stylist to another in stead of useing beard clippers get your self some hair clippers. You find if clippers are for beards only they have not such a wide cut. If you use gards 1/2/3/4 you will never end up with no hair.  when you use clippers with out a guard you could end up bald. Try and use your clippers by feel, rather than use a mirror, only use a mirror to check on finished result. Allso another tip clippers with guard on shave close to head but use your cutting comb going down your hair as clippers go upwards and do one continuious movment. Like a letter c in with clippers slope clippers to wards you then lift off. 

Hope this helps you mr C

• Like 1
2 hours ago, nonnaB said:

beeky, have you got no finesse. Maybe that's the English version.

Of course I've got some finesse. Nothing I like more the a Chianti wiv me Canelloni and faggots wiv a slice of bread n butter.

14 hours ago, MargieH said:

Some of us have vivid imaginations...

Nothing I can do about that Margie...:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Just heard on the news that Debenhams 'on-line business has been bought....thought for a minute Debenhams stores had been saved,,but no they all going or gone.........

Did 12 months with Debs in the early 90s as a store detective in the west mids mainly at their Walsall store.. before joining the Coop...

Found them a great company to work for and paid very well.......Missed my morning greeting from all the girls on Cosmetics in the Walsall store ..who together chorused in that great west midland accent........'''Morning Ben yome allroight...'''

Lovely bunch.............

• Like 2

Edit.........Which makes me wonder ..what will our High Streets look like when all the retail stores have vanished..?  No more inter-actions with each other...or even friendly hello's...it'll be a sad old world...

• Like 2
11 hours ago, philmayfield said:

@nonnaBOnly kidding. In all my travels around Europe, Italian food is by far the best. I do like a traditional steak and kidney pie though! La Bucca was my restaurant of choice on a Saturday night all those years ago!

Yes I knew you were kidding and so do I like a steak and kidney pie . My daughter made a Guinness and steak pie. When she first put out her takeaway menu she thought very few would choose it because of the reputation Italians have of British cooking. If anyone says that to me I tell "them it depends where you go. If you go to a greasy cafe you can expect bad food. Choose your restaurants and snack bars well." Anyway she's had loads of compliments so it may have persuaded them to think again.

To night we are have Cornish pasties.

10 hours ago, Beekay said:

Of course I've got some finesse. Nothing I like more the a Chianti wiv me Canelloni and faggots wiv a slice of bread n butter.

BK that's more like it, only I can't stand faggots. Good job we don't all have the same tastes.