• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Have a word wiv Mary1947, she appears to have been skiing around City Hospital and snow boarding down to the Forest.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Edit.........Which makes me wonder ..what will our High Streets look like when all the retail stores have vanished..?  No more inter-actions with each other...or even friendly hello's...it'll be a sad old world...

By then everyone will be talking to each other only via phones and texts and forums. Buying something - any item - will increasingly be an impersonal activity.

The only personal contact you'll have will be with the van driver who bings it to your door.

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

Proper Cornish pasties with the main course in one half and the pudding in the other?

With a thick crusty edge so you can hold it without getting China clay all over your dinner.

Out by myself this morning first time in months also drove for first time...believe it or not forgot how to start car..its one of these new fangled things with no Key............

Only drove a mile to local shops but felt good more like my old self.......bought some in-door plants plus the wife some flowers.......oh yes and bought mesen some new Boots......

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

Where is the snow everyone's talking about? 

Up here mate.......in Gods border country...........

Just walked Kai round the block today, he’s not impressed with the snow it won’t make proper snowballs they just disintegrate when thrown. Obviously the “wrong” kind of snow. It was quite entertaining watching the cars on the side roads, the back ends were all over the place made sure we kept our distance.
Cars still having a bit of difficulty getting up the hill in front of my house, luckily there are council workmen at the top doing something or other where it is steep who have helped out a bit. 

Must have been lucky yesterday as no snow here but snowed heavily less than one mile away. I also heard that Bulwell and surrounding areas were heavily covered.  It was too cold here. I did see a couple of tiny flakes mid afternoon but no more than that.

2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Proper Cornish pasties with the main course in one half and the pudding in the other?

No Phil not quite mastered that yet

• Like 1

Haggis tonight with neeps and tatties of course !

A virtual Burns night with like minded folk on Zoom.

Bit of music and some poems followed by a dram or two of the finest single malt.

"Fair fa your honest, sonsie face"

Happy Burns night  to all.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

By then everyone will be talking to each other only via phones and texts and forums. Buying something - any item - will increasingly be an impersonal activity.

The only personal contact you'll have will be with the van driver who bings it to your door.

O' no you won't! It will be a delivery drone :(

• Like 1
4 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Where is the snow everyone's talking about? 

It was a very selective dump of snow in Notts.  We had quite a lot a mile out of the city centre but a friend in Mansfield (where it’s always colder than Nottingham and more likely to snow) didn’t get any. A friend in Sutton-in-Ashfield did though.  Friends in Farnsfield and Oxton did not get any.  Just been out for a walk and it’s getting a bit slushy and could be a bit dodgy getting around tomorrow as we’ll be below freezing overnight. 

• Like 1

Philmayfield are you within reach of Netherfield retail park, it may have been this for the Air Ambulance.

If you're further out, maybe they were hanging around in case needed

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/air-ambulance-called-victoria-retail-4771898?int_source=taboola&int_medium=display&int_campaign=organic

We’re about to start our lockdown Burn’s night celebrations. We have the haggis, tattles and neaps but we can’t make cranachan as the farm shop had sold out of raspberries. Neither had they any fine malts, so I had to make do with a blend. Somewhere within these walls I have a set of bagpipes but my wife refuses to tell me where she’s hidden them. 
It’ll be just a very muted celebration then. I’ll go an pour meself a wee dram, the lassie she dinnie tak strong drink. 

We’ve had our haggis for dinner and I now remember why it’s been many years since I last tried it.  I struggled ...... think I’ll leave that delicacy to the Scots for another few years.