• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I enjoyed my haggis dinner. Less so the blended whisky. I must get a bottle of Laphroaig. I've been to that distillery and all of the others on the  island of Islay which accounts for my large collection of quaiches. I feel another trip to the Inner Hebrides is due when normality returns. 

I had a girlfriend from Basford back in the early sixties. My mates used to refer to her as 'gasworks Pat'!

10 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Up here mate.......in Gods border cou.....

Sunday pm From Moorebridge, up Past Golf course. On to city hospital. straight over roundabout (no not sideways because of ice) woooo! watch that bus opps! car sliding towards us!!! ohhh!! just missed, don't need heater on in the car, cars trying to get past Perry road and siding back down the hill, phew made it to traffic lights on no they are on Stop, car shudded to a halt (thanks for 4 wheel drive) down the hill towards Mansfield Rd cars/buses/ all bumper to bumper hazzards lights flashing every were, now at roundabout need to go round on to Gregory Bovl, just when you thought you had it easy, some idiot blocks your way at the roundabout. He could no get any where as traffic was blocking his way so why/why block the other cars off? oh just a minute Blues n' Twos ambulance try to get though. Made it on time to virus jab center on the Forest. a 25 mun journey took 2hrs. 

I think with the relatively mild winters we've had over recent years a lot of drivers don't know how to drive in snow and ice. Living in the country for almost 60 years I remember the bad winters we used to have and how I had to plough through snowdrifts to get into Nottingham. I used to practice skidding so I could control it. That was long before we had 4x4's. We did had a 4x4 before they became fashionable but that was initially for towing a horse trailer. Even with a conventional car I always got into work on time simply by leaving earlier on snowy days. I suppose there were fewer cars on the roads back then though. It must be mayhem now.

• Like 1

Felt good this morning so stepped up the am rowing session to 15km. Should reach Inverness by teatime. Checked out the chickens water earlier. The ice was thin enough for them to peck through. Yesterday the drink bowl was solid so have to check every morning. Still getting 3 eggs per day from 5 hens :biggrin:

Life is good.

• Like 1

With the ' 'Lockdown'' i have spent much more time on here...but it doesn't seem many others have,,,is it me thats sad ?

Nobody has much to say...must admit i'm running out of comments.....at least RR keeps dragging old threads up...think a few more of us should too.......also think we need some in-put from new members...........what you all think ?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

With the ' 'Lockdown'' i have spent much more time on here...but it doesn't seem many others have,,,is it me thats sad ?

Nobody has much to say...must admit i'm running out of comments.....at least RR keeps dragging old threads up...think a few more of us should too.......also think we need some in-put from new members...........what you all think ?

I would agree Ben but with a limited set of participants and an equally limited subject we are bound to run out of things to post that have not been talked about previously. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, denshaw said:

Since things were updated I can't use my iPad to post, maybe a few people have the same problem. Having to use my phone is a pain.

There is some setting that is preventing it Den, there are simply too many people whith the same setup and no problems.

Have you thought about a 'speech to text' app?

Have you looked at cookie settings or a firewall/virus checker that's blocking you?

Different browser?

2 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Pretty much given up on posting anymore.  :(

Well you can jolly well put your mind to it and sort it out LL, we need you barking regularly !  

• Like 5

20210121-120547.jpg

Walked up this road a fair few times. Not in 1940 though.

Used to walk from the 44 terminus and come up over "Bonemill", that was if I didn't catch a Makemsons bus from Bulwell Market to the pithead baths. That were back in 1958.

43 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Still same problem here.  Presently on laptop.

Login is still flaky on ipad too.

Pretty much given up on posting anymore.  :(

Just a thought LL, but have you considered doing a system reset, ie a factory reset? If you do try it, don't forget to save all your personal stuff before you do, as this will take it back to when you bought it.

It will mean you need to log in on any apps. Basically, this wipes the slate clean and you start again. Only a suggestion Loppy.

Let me say up front I really dislike Apple products. It's no surprise therefore I am not an expert... but! My dearly beloved has an old one she uses to facetime No1 grandson. 

As an experiment I've just accessed NS and except for the banner display it works perfectly, slow as molasses but no problem at all.   

2 hours ago, denshaw said:

Since things were updated I can't use my iPad to post, maybe a few people have the same problem. Having to use my phone is a pain.

What browser are you using to attempt your logon. Trying a different want may help. Depending on the apple os you’re on there may be others available. Firefox for iPad etc.

I've been an Apple user from when they were first imported to the UK in the 80's. I've used them in the office, factory and home. The main thing is their ease of use. I've tried pc's as well but back then, over 30 years ago, they didn't compare. I'm sure that PC's  must have now caught up with Apple in usability. I am in the market for an update and was considering a new Macbook Air laptop but it would be around £1,000. I would like a  dabble on the latest Windows machine, which would probably be less than half the price, but the shops are presently closed. Seeing as all my stuff is on Apple it would be very difficult to change over to Microsoft.

Sheer bliss Trogg. I worked in the baths for a while before my 16th birthday and then being old enough to go 'down t  pit'. Ironically, I ended up driving for Makemsons, part time. Used to do an evening run to Calverton pit, taking night shift workers and bring home afternoon shift. Also have done Bulwell to Bestwood on Sundays, (both as a driver and conductor at various times).

I saw the pictures in one of CTs links and was a real memory jolt.

(Would love to take a drive up that road again).