How's your day?

Glad we dont have online shopping. The nearest to that is a local greengrocery in the village that delivers and another in the next village.Even they sometimes get things wrong.My daughter ordered 6 grapefruit and 6 kg arrived. Thank goodnesss we can now do our shopping as we need it all precautions taken and if we go as they open or close theres hardly anyone in.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

We've been in our local farm shop at Gonalston today. It was easy to get round and they do have a superb selection of meats, fruit, veg and wines. There's pheasant and rabbit as well plus a good fish counter and a hugh selection of cheeses. It's much better than the supermarket which we only use online for the basics. I doubt we'll ever push a trolley again. The farm shop is run by the Mason farming family who used to have a butcher's shop at the top of Derby Rd. Back in the day they used to supply the steaks for Berni Inns in Nottingham.

• Like 1

Things we do when Bored..........just had a walk around my favourite place Spains (Bulwell} Nerja (u tube)  up and down the Calle's and on to the 'Balcony de Europa''.......Buena Dias Ben all the way....where 'Yo Bin?''...........left me singing ''When will i see you again''''......'When shall we share precious moments'' 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ben,  I llove virtually walking round my favourite places, too

Following on ....

’Will I have to wait forever?’

• Like 2

I have my virtual walk around Gedling most days, I love doing it. I always have a look at 3 Hardy's Drive without fail. I can see myself crawling up the wall, like a spider, one hand and foot each side of the entry between our house and the Wheat Croft house next door.

To stroll around the streets of Gedling which are so full of memories is a favourite hobby of mine these days.

Following on....Is this the beginning, or is it the end......:biggrin:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Hola Señor Ben, como esta?  ¿La gusta Èspania? 

¿Donde en Espania usted prefiero?

I'm good BK...........Nerja is in Andalucia on the Costa del Sol...love the place..still very Spanish......been going many years.....miss it...

Felt down yesterday........like many others i suppose...

So decided to get a grip of mesen today and get upbeat,,,

Blast some music out.......and get dressed nice......

Tight Jeans..me new boots....new black Neckerchief....Check shirt.......might Dance inabit......with or without Partner............

As Loppy would say.............Y'ALL have a good day............

• Like 3

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful messages, especially those  about how you coped with the loss of your own mother.    Your kindness when Alan died prompted my aunt to say we are like a long lost family getting to know each other knowing we will probably never meet.

I hope that this year can be better that the last...Gem

• Like 5

Sad that WB........everywhere the same........couldnt guess which city you in.............too many Cars ..too many skyscrapers.........and most of all too many people............

Not a bit like I.O.M...........

• Upvote 1

Thankyou for the link WB, I had a quick look and I thought the same  as benj. 

Will now have a good look. These sort of links give me an idea what life is like in places other than our little island. It's surprising how similar our cities and roads look. I am going to go on that virtual tour around some of the cities on the link. Thankyou.thumbsup

• Upvote 1

I'm on the same side of the island as the tram Beekay,(Onchan), but in the thirty years I've been here only used it a couple of times. Much prefer driving over the mountain road to Ramsey.

Might have said 'Onchan' where i stayed in a motel on the main road WB.......But just looked at the map.......i headed south from Douglas and it was Santon.....enjoyed all the towns i visited on the Isle.........

WB, when we went to IOM, we stayed at a golf club and sports centre, 3 or 4 miles outside of Douglas. My brother lived on Victoria road, Douglas at the time, but we were unable to visit him because we were on a coach break and had no way to get to him. He obviously couldn't be bothered to come to us, ( unless his missus never told him when I rang). Would love to come back one day and stay in Douglas. That way I could ride the tram all the way to Ramsey. When we went on Snae Fell by tram, as soon as we passed Laxey, we couldn't see a bloody thing due to low cloud. In fact, we couldn't even see the tram from our picnic bench !

(Mount Murray golf club).

A few things BK...

The IoM prison was on Victoria Road!!!! Perhaps a reason he couldn't visit you. (Only joking).

The tram up Snaefell is a definite highlight for any visitors. My youngest lives in an old cottage in Laxey, I often think I should have bought it, she has glorious sea views from the front of her house.

Mount Murray was used as an isolation place for returning residents last year when we had a covid problem.

There is a steam railway service from Douglas to Port Erin in the south which is a lot more scenic and nostalgic than the Ramsey tram.

• Like 1

Done the Port Erin WB. Bought the T shirt and made the film ! Great little engines. Another place we enjoyed was Peel. The castle and the

Viking museum, (didn't bother with the kipper factory). On one excursion, the driver took us to a little industrial estate to visit a Fudge Factory, really interesting for a diabetic ! I did ask if our next stop could be an insulin factory.

• Like 2

Well I've just got back from Cv jab and still standing. Must say, I was very impressed with their system, including the two car park marshals who were sorting us out. My only disappointment was, I couldn't find where the tea and biscuits were. Back home now and going to have a lie down in a dark room.