• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Re; the shelving, my DEARLY BELOVED (Queen of of my heart, the woman I love treasure and adore more than anything in all the world, the one who is also standing behind me right now...), suggested recycled scaffold planks... How much! :Shock: 

• Like 1

My neighbour had his first jab on Wednesday, somewhere in darkest Mansfield. He said he felt very off the following day but better today. His next session is at the church hall in downtown Horsley Woodhouse!  He asked me if I'd had mine. Cheeky bu99er! How old does he think I am? Like CT, there are some things in still too young for.

34 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

there are some things in still too young for

Didn't think they were doing teenagers and whippersnapper yet.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Like CT, there are some things in still too young for.

But everything is gradually getting closer.

Unless we get into a parallel universe where time starts going backuds.

59 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

But everything is gradually getting closer.

Unless we get into a parallel universe where time starts going backuds.

Don't tempt fate CT., They might taking stuff out of your arm instead putting it in !

Woke up this morning feeling like someone had hit my arm with a baseball bat after my jab yesterday. Haven’t really had anything else - does this mean it isn’t doing what it should do, whatever that is, or is it just sat in my arm thinking about it?

It's been many years since my wedding, but if I remember correctly, Canon Watson, at Gedling All Hallows, opened the ceremony with the words......Dearly Beloved...We are gathered here to day.etc. 

Is that right LL, did he open with those words for you and your bride as well.:biggrin:

• Like 1

Carni, at my wedding the vicar said "Do you take this woman to be your loyal wedded wife"?

I replied, "Why do you want her"?

"Of course not"! said vicar,

So I said, "Well why the hell are you trying to Palm her on to me for"!

• Like 2

When we were married at the cathedral Derby Rd the Italian priest married us ( Father Sebastiano) whotold us he would conduct the service first in Italian and then in English. There were mostly English in the congregation as Alex's family couldn't make it. We are still waiting for the English service, so not sure we are married or not. Yes we are as we have a marriage certificate. yada

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

NonnaB, Tina and I once attended wedding at the cathedral which was preceded by a full mass. We were in there ages, the longest wedding I've ever been to. And only bloody orange juice at the reception.

I had my first jab Thursday at about 3:00 p.m. Got the Astra Zeneca.

Last night in bed I had a very 'fitful' night.. either being very cold.. or dreaming I was cold.  After only going to bed after 2:00 a.m. I was wide awake at 6:00 a.m.  Quick visit to the loo and back into bed.  Wide awake and heart pounding. checked pulse and it was around 85 bpm.  Not ideal as mine is usually about 65-70 at rest.  Next I was sweating.  All a bit odd.  The other thing is that my right knee and left shoulder were extremely painful.  I think I jolted both the other day when I slipped on mud, but this was something else...  Eventually got back to sleep for an hour or so. 

Have had a slight headache all day.

Muscle aches are a reported side effect of the AZ vaccine.  It seems to me that the vaccine 'homes in' on any area that is a bit sore and makes it more so.  Left shoulder is still killing me.

I'm just grateful I'm not presently suffering from haemorrhoids!!!  :laugh:

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

I'm just grateful I'm not presently suffering from haemorrhoids!!!

According to a question on QI recently everyone has them and are only a problem when swollen or infected...

• Like 1

Well that's a relief....:blink:

• Like 1

Col, pleased you’ve finally had your jab and hope the side effects will have gone by now.  They don’t usually last more than a day or two.  I think a good tip is not to dwell on them!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Beekay said:

NonnaB, Tina and I once attended wedding at the cathedral which was preceded by a full mass. We were in there ages, the longest wedding I've ever been to. And only bloody orange juice at the reception.

Obviously not an Italian wedding reception