• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Cliff Ton said:

Don't get carried away with that Ben. You'll be going round talking to yourself, and looking like a loony.

Funny you should say that Cliff ton......wife now gone out for the afternoon.......just me and the Cats........they seem to understand what i'm saying.............;)

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

.......only if you know the difference between a stoat and a weasel. :biggrin:

No but I know a bloke who breeds Stoasels.  smile2

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Ridicule me if you wish but you are paying for it all! 

I won't ridicule you Alpha but care to offer any evidence of the the things you mention in that cheerful little diatribe? 

Quite why some are so jealous and resentful escapes me, as for paying for it  I happily contribute my £3 a year . 

• Like 2

Phill do I have to curtsey to you when i see you at our meet ups.

I am a big supporter of the monarchy and greatly admire the Queen and old D of E.  I certainly wouldn’t want the life they have had to lead, in a goldfish bowl. They can’t have a ‘slob day’ like the rest of us, every day they’re in the public eye, the senior royals do far more than cut ribbons and wear the regalia that history dictates, they have so many unseen duties to deal with.  The pomp and pageantry is a wonderful spectacle to witness and no other country in the World can do it as well as us.  I agree that the extended family are just hangers-on but I think they no longer receive much support from the Civil List.

As for Harry and Meghan, I used to really like Harry, a good lad, bit of a rogue but genuinely likeable. He had some some lovely girlfriends who could have dealt with the royal role but instead he hooked up with Meghan who thought she could change him and his life.  It looks like she’s achieved that after the fairytale wedding and making sure her feet were well and truly under the Royal table by giving birth to his child.  When they got married I gave it 5 years max, looks like I’ll be wrong now that there’s another baby on the way.

my favourite columnist, Littlejohn, wrote this week the following that captures perfectly the hypocrisy of the pair of ‘em.

“Publicity-shy woman tells 7.87 million people that she’s pregnant’

The next day “Publicity-shy couple to tell all to Oprey”

Would we be better with a President? 
Certainly not in my opinion, but long live the Queen, I’m not convinced that Charles could be such a brilliant Head of State.

• Like 5

A littls story 

Years ago when master was knee high to a grass-hopper, he went down Wales with a game-keeper who worked at a very large private house. (not know who owned it ) The game- keeper told him that when the young lady of the house passed them he must touch his forhead  and call her ma-lady.  Now master being a wild teenager, did not think this was right. The young lady was only 8 years old. 

I know round here of at least two baronetcies where the husband is called ‘Sir’ and the wife is called ‘Lady’. These are inherited titles and go back a few generations. I suppose it impresses some people and probably gets them the best table in a restaurant but it’s all a bit of a sham really.

Must addmit when I worked as receptionist at the doctors, when a man came to the desk I would always call them  Sir.

I always call the blokes 'sir' when I'm serving coffee at the hospital.

I once went for an interview at Glynde place, as a chauffeur etc. to Lord and Lady whose name i can't remember. The lady was listing out the duties and mentioned Valet. I thought she meant cleaning cars etc. But she explained it involved laying out clothes for his Lordship, at which point my missus burst out laughing say, " Your joking! He can't even dress hisself properly ". I didn't get the job.

• Like 1

Brew,

I am neither jealous or resentful of the the firm nor any of its incumbents.

I do, however, find that the pomp and circumstances in retaining and maintaining this group of

theatrically attired individuals have no further place to indulge themselves with unlimited rights and privileges in our society.

It is for obvious reasons that we, the nation, are not given the opportunity to express our preference to whether we wish for them to remain as the nation's figureheads or not. We, as a free nation, are denied any due respect to elect or deny those who would aspire to assume sovereignty over us other than an elected governmental organisation. 

The firm performs no useful purpose other than for those who find some interest in the 'royal spectacle', the wearing of military uniforms and unearned higher rank and the interest of a few in style and fashion.   

As for lineage of the more recent offspring it does not require a Professor of Genealogy to recognise that Harry does not bear any noticeable resemblance to his immediate peers. 

As for Charlie Farley, Duke of Cornwall and vast land owner of the county, Cornwall is one of the poorest counties in the UK though the dividend earned from its natural assets to the throne must be considerable.

The only problem is that if we manage to dispose of the ‘Royals’, who would have in their place. I can’t think of present or recent prime ministers who would be presidential material and looking around the world the presidents are either dictators or low grade popularists. The previous American one was a prime example. My choice would be to keep the present Royals for their entertainment value if nothing else.

• Like 4

I've lost the recommendations for films that Margie and BK gave. I've just looked on Amazon prime , Normal people comes up but it seems it's not a film but a series. Is that right? The other two aren't available unfortunately as Stan was born in Ulveston near where I was born.

Been a great day.........still speaking Hands free and finally sorted how to put music on here.............:Shock::ohmy:

• Like 5

I've been out all afternoon so only just read all the stuff about the monarchy.  I quite like the Queen and even the D of E, but not particularly keen on Charles, although he does seem to care for he environment. Camilla will never be a queen in my eyes (although she may well have some good points in her character - I don't know her!)

William is OK and Kate seems a nice lady.  I still like Harry and hope he will continue to find happiness in his new life.

@philmayfield a weasel is weasily recognised but a stoat is stoatily different!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, MargieH said:

a weasel is weasily recognised but a stoat is stoatily different!

But what about my Stoasels Margie? As a matter of fact, got a couple of Weats.  :wacko:

• Upvote 1