How's your day?

23 minutes ago, carni said:

Does anyone have any tips to keep me going.

Carni I would say you almost certainly snagged the cable and damaged the connection, hopefully not internally in the laptop. The easiest way is a generic replacement charger. Ebay do them for about £15.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Brew and BK, Thankyou for your replies. I am not sure if the problem is in the Laptop or cable, but if I wiggle the connection about a bit gently, I usually get enough charge to last me for a quick visit. If if stops altogether, I might treat myself to a new laptop?

I use my Laptop whilst sitting on the sofa. It literally is a Laptop. The plug is across the floor so if I haven't charged it up before hand, I have to risk it. I put a cushion on the floor now and that warns us to be careful. To little to late I think.

Anyway, If I disappear for a while, you will know it's because I have run out of juice!:Shock:

Cables are a pain Carni ours seem to enjoy showing us all the internal wires, especially this iPad , it has a cover and there's little space to get the other end out without damaging the cable itself. At the moment it's taped up with black tape. The other iPad is 8 yrs old and the USB split in half . That's glued with superglue. They both work until the battery goes flat.

Feel like putting them both outside to let the sun recharge them. :rolleyes: It's 20 degrees.

• Like 1

Has this screen changed again? I have now lost the ability to to show notifications and no pm icon.

Which means I can't send a personal message or find out if anyone is contacting me. What's up?

Edit..Ignore the above,(as everybody has) i have found me screen again. Must have pressed a wrong thingy. 

Tell you what I did little sis. On the top right corner of page, I tapped the three menu dots and from the option's box I tapped 'desk top site'. That sorted it. ( just had another look and desk top site showed a little blue box with a tick, showing I was on there).

• Like 1

That's  what I've done Engineer. Tried to go back to old school but you can't see the bloody icons.

And my device is a little Samsung A tab.

Evening all.  I've been busy today laying paving in the garden.  Re-laying is more accurate.  It's a right pain.  I'm too old for this lark...

Still.. my 'bloods' came back all OK the other day as did my Covid Survey Swab Test. I have a 'Transthoracic Echocardiogram' booked for Saturday.  Life is just one long round of pleasure...  ;)

Carni.. I agree with Brew. Try a new charger and/or cable.

Been Gadding about all morning.........

Doctors........all good news

Speech therapists for me Lary........all Positive

Dietician.......put on half a stone

CT Scan results......All good

ALL IN ALL a good morning with Nice ladies.........

• Like 10
20 hours ago, radfordred said:

Interesting I thought the next new plate was 21?

I've seen a 21 today, which demonstrates that the 71 I saw yesterday was really a 21 when I wasn't concentrating.

• Like 1

Yesterday the ducks were hanging around and inspecting the temporary duck house, so I set about building a decent one. Worked on it for 6 hours. Just about to fit a roof when they flew off :Fool:

Donny (of Donny and Dilly) arrived back this morning for breakfast. He was obviously missing Dilly so flew off. I'll finish the duck house and hope that they return but I suspect that Dilly is nesting somewhere else.

• Like 2

Donny and Dilly here all day watching me finish their new home. Positioned it just as it was getting dark then they flew off again. Put some hay inside and hope they arrive back tomorrow and like it.

They have messed the pond up and grubbed out the new water lily shoot but it is worth it. Dog and cats now completely ignore the ducks. If they don't return I may buy some ducks when possible for the eggs.

• Like 2

Nice to get out again this morning..even if was only 5 Miles to Kings mill hospital to pick up a prescription....

Used it as an excuse to dress in my finest...including a birthday present from yesterday...a pair of Doc Martin shoes really nice....my only other present was an ''Hose Pipe''......

Heard a Security man telling people he on a 12 hour shift and has to travel one and half hours to get there....couldn't help but ask him ''Where you from'' told me Bestwood......i said did you come via Birmingham then ?...

• Like 2

Thanks Brew........being interested in Numerology initially thought 76.....thats unlucky adds up to 13......then realised 1 and 3 is 4..........so i'm ok......lol

• Like 1