• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Thank you for those good wishes  trogg x

Belated birthday greetings! Hopefully next years' will be more normal - whatever normal is for you!

It's reminded me what Professor Hopkinson said to me after the cardiac therapy, and my return to cycling had improved my stamina to the point where he was prepared to sign me off. "stay on the bike, take the medication and stick ro a reasonable diet, and I think that we can promise you another twenty years or so"

Not sure if that was tongue-in-cheek; but it was thirteen years ago! Should I be worried do you think?

• Like 3

Margie , I said to my husband a few weeks ago that I felt old. His reply was a laugh and he added we are old. I'm the same age as you but I think of age as just a number to live with. It's the others that are getting old not me.

• Like 3

@oldphil thanks for he birthday greetings.  I’d love to ride my pushbike again but my eyesight won’t allow that.  Gave it up a couple of year ago.  I just like dancing round the house to songs I remember from my youth- that’s my exercise!

@nonnaB  I like your husband’s reaction to your remarks about getting old!

• Like 4
3 hours ago, MargieH said:

I don't think I feel 78.... but what' s a 78 yr old SUPPOSED to feel like?  If anyone had asked me that question when I was a teenager, the answer certainly wouldn't describe who I am today.  

And likewise, what is a 78 yr old supposed to look like ? 

Look at photos of previous generations...your parents and grandparents. Back then, once everyone got to a certain age all the men looked similar and all the women looked similar. Today, it's much more difficult to tell someone's age because people have much more individual appearances. 

(And happy birthday Margie, even though I said it yesterday on FB :))

• Upvote 1

Thank you once again CT.  I feel ‘birthdayed out’ with all these good wishes ....

My mum only began to look a bit old when she was nearing 90 but she always had a young outlook on life.  

I guess this was your first lockdown Birthday Margie?   A year ago tomorrow we went to a fantastic 90th Birthday of a very good friend of ours.  There were 86 guests at the party and we were all laughing and joking about the fact we were touching elbows rather than kissing and hugging, it was a token response due to the first few Covid cases being declared in the UK.  We never, in a million years, expected the nightmare to still be with us a year later.  Our lovely friend will be 91 tomorrow and fitter than most people many years younger.  

• Like 2

Lizzie, you are right, it was my first  lockdown birthday and I really hope it won’t be the same next year!

And a belated Happy Birthday to Margie on here from me too.. though in order not to look like I'm always late to the party..... I did wish her Happy Birthday via FB yesterday. :rolleyes:

My daughter told me she was worried about me. ( Her Mum has been talking about me behind my back)  I just told her to take a philosophical view and repeated the story about the Doc when my Mum was moaning about getting Angina in her early 80's.  He just said.  'Something's got to kill you Joyce.."  It was never a nasty comment and Mum had a great relationship with her Doc. 

He was just telling it like it is.

On a lighter note.. the wind is really getting up here now.  Nothing much between us and Liverpool Bay and we are high up.  Expected gusts up to 85 mph overnight.  There's a reason our cul de sac has had three chimneys through roofs in the last 20 years.  I keep meaning to get mine re-pointed....

• Like 1

I have an crude home made crawler @DJ360 if you want it, neighbours wife gave it me after her husband slipped & slid off the roof pointing his chimney stack, he broke quite a few bones on the heavy 3 x 2 paving slabs he’d stacked up against the wall, on the plus side, made it easier to box him up, nice bloke owd Stan, still miss him :(

Been out again this morning,,,drove farthest for nearly 3 years...26 miles to Newark hosptital....quant old place,,,easy parking..nice staff...appointment 9AM for routine procedure...seen on time ..out for 10AM.......Thats the fifth hospital in the last two years......the others being........

Derby Royal

Queens..

City..

Kings Mill

Been a while since in Newark.itself..don.t seem to have changed....

• Upvote 1

You'll have to come and visit me Ben, for an espresso, down at Princess Royal hospital, in Haywards Heath. I'll pay for it and even throw in a custard cream .:rolleyes:

@radfordred  Your generosity is humbling Red.  ;)

Bit windy last night wasn’t it?  We’ve got a close-boarded fence blown down ........ I’ve been twittering on about it for a year or so, since I noticed it leaning with the weight of a lot of ivy/evergreen foliage.  I’ve (of course) mentioned many times the need for it being fixed but been told it’s alright, not a problem.  Oh well, now it’s going to be a major job including a skip and several new panels.   I’ve always lived by the saying “A stitch in time saves nine” but I know nothing!   

• Upvote 1