How's your day?

I'd take me hat to you Brew, but it's keeping me 'ed warm since 'er indoors forgot to put the guard on when she cut me hair last week !

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Bit disappointed, planted Daffodils last year and all I got were Marigolds. :Shock: (not mine I add).

20210317-181629.jpg

• Like 1

Returning from QMC via tram, one chap on his mobile, thumbs going faster, than the tram wheels, a young girl on her mobile chattering away never stopped to take a breath. Another one chattering away but not in english, across the way another phone ringing loudest so needed answering, then the tram stops and as doors open, lights flasing and a women with a loud voice telling you what station you were at,----------------mobiles have a lot two answer for,

Who was it said "its good to talk"?

I know what you mean Mary, they become so engrossed they forget where they are and totally oblivious to the fact everyone can hear the conversation.

• Like 1

Do the trams still have that really loud beeping or dinging or whatever noise at every stop?  A couple of years ago I took the opportunity to ride the whole system .. just for the hell of it and I would have enjoyed it much more but for that b***y noise.  I appreciate that something is needed for the benefit of visually impaired passengers... but surely they can come up with something less annoying.

9 hours ago, Brew said:

TaDaaa, finally plucked up the courage to have a go...  at least it's tidy and I'm not eating it in the night..

rgzGZld.jpg

ZZXNnKq.jpg

It's the broad ear to ear grin that really sets it off though Jim.  ;)

• Like 1

Yes DJ they still make that noise, so what with the phones and the noise of the tram it was not a pleasent day out.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

It's the broad ear to ear grin that really sets it off though Jim.  ;)

Who is this man?

Maybe Tonto or even the Lone Ranger 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Beekay said:

Me boyfriend, Ian. :rolleyes:

Beekay   French Marigolds or English Marigolds?

Well today just got better, on getting home from QMC around 2-00, phone rang no not my mobbie, but the old fashion thing called a house phone. It was our bowls secretary, end of March/April the Bowling Green will be able to open. Great, hang on just a moment. yes!!  bowls polished, shoe's cleaned, new mesure. There's one problem, due to not much activity these two pieces of things called leg's don't want to work. I have tried to do my Tai Chi, exercise, but it doe's not seem to have done any good.   Has anyone any ideas how to get your leg's working again??

• Like 1

Have to admit that much as I love walking.. my legs are increasingly giving up on me. Right knee is basically ******d, and left knee is going the same way.  At present, I struggle to get moving without pain after sitting, for more than an hour or so.. or being in bed overnight.

Getting downstairs in the morning is not pleasant.

5 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Getting downstairs in the morning is not pleasant.

That feeling happened 20 years ago for me DJ , we moved to a bungalow to solve the problem, an added advantage is there is no Hall, Landing and stairs to clean and decorate.

• Like 1

Yes Mary1947, one sure fire method...Borrow PPs rowing machine and have row round Jacksdale res.

In reply to your earlier question..Mi amigo es en la Ciudad de Cuenca, en España.

DJ360,

I had identical knee problems which worsened to finally being accepted for surgery over 2 years ago. I  managed, after undergoing the usual assault course of NHS injections, consultations, pre-physiotherapy examinations and X-rays, to being finally accepted for knee replacement surgery via a private (NHS financed) hospital.

All went well for me though some others I met were not so fortunate and suffered post operative knee problems.

Following surgery there's a six week 1 hour course of physiotherapy plus maintaining knee care at home, hygiene, and knee exercises and wearing of surgical socks. 

I would estimate it takes about six months for the knee to becoming to feel a normal, 'your knee' again. However, my right knee is in the same pre-operative condition and I am undecided whether I would venture to have another replacement operation.

I very much doubt with the current waiting list for surgical procedures that I would be given the opportunity. 

• Like 1

First time out on me bike..since about last August and since my health problem............only went about 1/2 mile..but i;m completly shattered...which just goes to show how unfit i'd got......

Also made me determined to get out for a ride everyday and get fit again........

• Like 3

You can do it Ben.  You have the right attitude and that is more than half the battle!   (And keep dancing in the house as well .... but don’t trip over the cats!)

• Like 1