How's your day?

Change of subject.,

Just had a phone call inviting me for me 2nd jab next Saturday. Earlier today, 'er indoors had a call for 2nd jab at 12.43 same day. Mine is 15.07, but the nice lady said if I go along at the same time as my wife, I can be done at the same time.  ( didn't fancy 2 trips or sitting there for 3 hours). Interestingly, my 1st appointment was 3 weeks after Tina. So she will be 11 weeks between and mine 8 weeks.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

My toothpaste has been prescribed by my dentist. It's Durophat , I'm led to believe it's about £9.00 or more per tube (a small tube at that). Dentist prescribed 6 tubes at a time.

Hope it's on prescription. Some of our medications are free but others we pay a " ticket" which is a small charge. I use sensodyne too and it's more expensive than most toothpastes. 

£9 00 for a small tube of toothpaste  you must have Gold teeth Big ears , or maybe a wolf in sheeps cothing  (Little Red Ridding Hood) quote Big-ears  what beautiful  teeth you have !!!     all the better to eat you with my dear.

No Mary1947,  it's a special medicated toothpaste. Not been able to visit me dentist for a year now, but when I get jab 2 next week, I will be able to make an appointment. Problem is, public transport to Lewes then stand outside until called in. Not been on a bus for a year and I don't fancy standing outside in the cold. ( As long as I don't get another Government letter !)

• Like 1

Did you all complete your census either on line or paper copy?

I don't fill one out as I fundamentally object to a massive government department/quango spending a fortune collecting information that they already have or is of no use whatever and that will never be used for any useful purpose.

Senseless I call it.

Hi Oz  have b  een watching the news about Sydney  getting the floods,  last time we were in Aus it did rain hell of a lot, but soon dried up when the sun came out.  The young couple I really feel it for them, did you see it,? they had brought a house and getting married next year, and there was there new house floating away in the flood water.  Is there some one do you think that want's to 

get tid of the human race? virus Fire's flood's and proberly

2 hours ago, Beekay said:

Thought it was unlawful not to do it Oz.

Yes it is Beekay. After sending round a census official to collect the form a couple of times and me telling them i am not filling it out they usually send a supervisor. I politely and respectfully let them in and tell them that as a taxpayer I object to a government department spending many millions of my money collecting information that they already have on various federal, state and local government data bases. They usually reply that privacy provisions prevent them accessing this data. I respond by saying I will give them permission to access this data for census reasons. That is the last I hear from them.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mary1947 said:

Hi Oz  have been watching the news about Sydney  getting the floods

Yes I have Mary. Seeing the house floating down the river was tragic for the couple . This is not an unusual occurrence as many houses of weatherboard or fibro cement construction are built on brick piers and can just float away if not anchored to the ground.  This rain event started in far northern Queensland and has traveled down the east coast and is now impacting the Illawarra region south of Wollongong. It has covered a distance of nearly 3,000 km and in some cases dumped 300mm (1 foot) of rain in 24 hours. It looks like they are going to get some more today and will take many days or weeks to repair damaged infrastructure. Thankfully to date there has been no loss of life but many still make attempts to cross flooded areas.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Seeing the house floating down the river was tragic for the couple .

Advantage of living on a boat... Saying that though the Trent only came up 7 foot last month... But what ever it does I'm on top of it

That's okay as long as your mooring lines are intact. If they come loose or snap and the river is running, you could end up anywhere.

On a lesser scale, we were moored on the Llangollen canal, having lunch. A hire boat came rushing by and caused us to lose our mooring pins. We finished up broadside across the cut and wedged in the banks.

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......:)

• Like 19

Great news Ben.  Very pleased for you. :).

• Like 1

Thanks to you all for your comments and reactions to my good news..........much appreciated........

• Like 3

Good day today.  Firstly.. I forced myself to go for a walk despite my painful knees.  I kept it quite short and every step hurt, but not unbearably.  2000 steps.  Progress. I have a physio phone appointment on 27th April...

Came home to find that my oldest friend in the north west, Kev.. had found this.. Mrs Col and I bumped into Kev and his then partner..since wife.. in 1971 the first day I came to Liverpool.  Kev's Mrs and mine were at school together.  We've all been best mates since... 50 years. This pic was 1978.

Bloke on the left is an old college friend of Kev's.. long disappeared. Yours truly in the centre and Kev on the right.  As Kev (being an artistic sort) pointed out... it's lit like a Caravaggio...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TgMU9TdsBj1Ft8VP9

Aaahh. At first I thought you meant mine.. which were certainly the result of a very different motivation to Payot...

Then I realised you mean the curly thing on the right alongside Kev's face.  Thats the coiled cord of the 'rise and fall' lamp, just below shot.. which I finally realised was the source of the Caravaggio lighting..

As I recall those rise and fall things were quite fab and trendy in the 1970s....:victory:

What a day. Trying to put up some screen fencing between us and next door. They have a 3 legged alsation and we have 4 small dogs including my daughters dog we look after when shes working. When all dogs are out usually they dont pay much attention to each other and at other times one starts barking and comes up close to the wall, then the others this side dont like it and start barking. One in particular goes hysterical and she carries on for a while then suddenley stops. So this screen is ideal so we'll see if it works. Its been hard because its so windy, anyway half is up and now we're waiting for the other pack to arrive. Dont think it will be enough though. This side is 17 metres long, hope the next lot is easier to do.

• Upvote 1