• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Now DJ as kindly informed us what the YT clip is called, I switched over to that site and typed in 'Bluehue' and got the clip straight away. All it did for me was make me feel bloody cold. The subject just looked a bit like a hippy. Walking barefoot through snow don't appeal to me in the least.

Went to Mapperley Top today & had take away fish & chips on one of the benches at the Monument then spent a couple of hours in Woodthorpe Park making a fuss of a few dogs.

What more could I ask for ?

• Like 3

First day of leisure out and about today since lockdown started. Walked around Shipley Park, a Labrdoodle brought me his ball and though I tried to ignore him ended up throwing it and making a fuss.

Home after an hours or so, chest wheezing, legs aching, pain in the knees and my DB has backache..

Read that 10,000 steps is the target. At the rate we're going we'll do that by August... easy peasy.

What idiot said exercise is good for you?

Phwaar, Have I been having withdrawal symptoms. No Laptop for a weekish. I was having problems charging it for a couple of weeks, and then all of a sudden Kerplunk, it  packed up all together. Boo Hoo.

WELL, have I been spoilt today. It seems that my family have clubbed together and bought me an ACER Swift 3 for my birthday later in April, but they can't stand to see me with my bottom lip dragging on the carpet any longer, so they have given me it early.

Son has been trying to get me started on my new mean machine just now, but because we can't get into my broken laptop for passwords, he has only managed to get some sites for me. One being Nottstalgia. YaY.

I don't know how to use this fabbo piece of technology properly just yet, but at least I seem to have  idea? Good to be back reading your posts.

• Like 8

Who's a lucky girl then? That's a nice bit of kit... Oh happy birthday when it arrives...   smile2

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, carni said:

I don't know how to use this fabbo piece of technology properly just yet, but at least I seem to have  idea? Good to be back reading your posts.

Even if it's total gibberish, it's the thought that counts.

• Like 1

Brew, I was watching a programme last night about exercise and apparently the 10000 steps a day isn’t necessarily  the best way to keep fit.  3 x 10 minutes of BRISK walking per day is vey good, also a very few minutes  per WEEK of very intensive pedalling on an exercise bike is also beneficial.   At the beginning of the programme they explained how to know if you are fit - something about the number of times you can stand up and sit down from a chair (without using your hands!) in one minute. 

It was on BBC1 on 25 March and was called ‘The truth about getting fit’

It was interesting I thought.

Carni, nice to see you back x

• Like 2

One if my kids teachers once told that the heart rate and life span of animals gave a surprisingly similar number in terms of total heartbeats, almost as if it's pre-programmed. Never tried it but can't really believe it.

11 minutes ago, catfan said:

I read recently the human heart is good for so many heartbeats only

One of David Attenborough's programmes pointed out that the Elephant's heart beat once a minute, and the Elephant Shrew beat at 60 per minute. Both animals had the same average number of heartbeats in their lifetime. So, yes,  catfan, we need to make the most of every single one.

50 minutes ago, oldphil said:

One of David Attenborough's programmes pointed out that the Elephant's heart beat once a minute, and the Elephant Shrew beat at 60 per minute. Both animals had the same average number of heartbeats in their lifetime. So, yes,  catfan, we need to make the most of every single one.

But how many years does an elephant shrew live for?  (Sorry about the preposition at the end of the sentence)  An average human has a heartbeat of more than 60 beats/minute so does that mean an elephant shrew lives for more than 80 human years?    Are you following my logic...  anyone ?

11 hours ago, MargieH said:

I thought it was very staged and designed to appeal to those who like seeing beautiful naked women, although it was 'tastefully' filmed!   I would have liked to hear her say more about the apparent benefits of wild swimming but I don't feel that was the main aim of the video ......;)

It was of course staged Margie. She clearly had a basic script and several people filming. She made it very clear what she got from swimming naked in all weathers.  I wish there was a place like that near here and I was physically capable of doing the same.. it looks like fabulous and fun and very relaxing. I'm certainly not going to play the hypocrite and claim that I don't enjoy seeing her... but I know I  am not alone in also loving the purpose and message of the film. It won awards and the bulk of the  Youtube comments are very positive.

4 hours ago, MargieH said:

Brew, I was watching a programme last night about exercise and apparently the 10000 steps a day isn’t necessarily  the best way to keep fit.  3 x 10 minutes of BRISK walking per day is vey good, also a very few minutes  per WEEK of very intensive pedalling on an exercise bike is also beneficial.  

As I'm struggling to walk any distance at the moment I did some research too.  It seems the 10000 steps myth was originally created by a Japanese manufacturer of pedometers.  Oddly, the recommended figure I found was around 4500 steps, which is roughly what I was walking before my knees gave up recently.  At the moment I can manage about 2500.

Well what a day as my dinning room table top needed some TLC First I used varnish stripper, which did a wonderful job. Then down to B/Q to pick up some ash varnish. Applied as on tin, great!  one more coat and it will be perfect. Just putting the lid aback on and dropped the varnish. Outcome  as we have wooden floors  the varnish spooned up nicley back into the tin. Next sat gown to drink my tea and for some reason tipped up the cup, very hot tea all over jeans and tea shirt. Next useing laptop which was on my knee's it slipped off. 

Was it a lucky day or an unlucky day?

A brisk walk? Hmm usually I can do a decent amble but anything more...

In an idle moment I translated our newset members name  - エロゲいじゅつ

Ooer... i wonder if I have it right?

Brew   i found it easyer to put IQ sorry newbie

5 minutes ago, Brew said:

A brisk walk? Hmm usually I can do a decent amble but anything more...

In an idle moment I translated our newset members name  - エロゲいじゅつ

Ooer... i wonder if I have it right?

That's correct; it's pronounced erogeijutsu

I know that but I went on to break it into the two words eroge jutsu.... just curious what the English version would say

:ohmy:

• Like 1

In other news...  Turns out my next door neighbour had one of those extendable ladders collapse under him yesterday, while decorating his daughter's place.  He has got away with cuts.. suspected broken ribs etc.  An ambulance was called but he was pronounced 'not dead yet' and not taken to hospiital.  He's older than me and I'm 72.

It just seems to be yet another sign.. in a week or so full of them.. that we 'Owds'..may be generally staying alive.. and fitter...longer than our predecessors.... but we still get old..and we don't bounce..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1