How's your day?

I never wear shoes in the house. Bare feet are much less painful if you happen to catch a cat's paw or tail!  In my younger days, I always wore heels. Now I only wear flatties. Much more comfortable. I seem to live in trousers at the moment, so don't wear tights either! Getting sloppy!

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I find Merrel walking shoes/boots very comfortable.. but not especially durable. Even with proper care I've had the uppers splitting.  I've just worn out a pair of Karrimore which were OK.  It's worth going to somewhere like Go Outdoors, or Cotswold preferably at off peak times and getting some help with choosing and fitting boots/shoes.

With shoes in general I have always gone for a minimum of Clarke's type quality.  I also have wide feet and not all manufacturers allow for that.  Some people don't seem to get it either and end up with a size 15 shoe a yard long, when all they actually needed was a size 9 in the correct width.

All above said.. I'm generally very light on shoes and a decent pair can last me a lot of years.

I don't wear shoes or socks either indoors or in the garden if the weather is OK. I work on the basis that we weren't born with shoes on and that with care and attention, our feet benefit from being unshod.

12 hours ago, Brew said:

This weeks total of about two hours 'amble' left us both in pain

Two hours probably too much for 'newbies'.  But there are many variables..  time spent, speed of walk..terrain.. weather conditions etc. It shoudn't feel like a punishment.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/walking-for-health/

If you can manage it, a 10-15 minute brisk walk is good.  It gets the heart and circulation going. Of course then it is 'what is brisk?'  Generally if it makes you slightly breathless , raises your heartrate and maybe gets you a bit warm.. it's 'brisk'. 

Sometimes I just do a walk which I know to be about 4500 steps.  Thats about 40 minutes steady walking for me.

Around here I've worked out a selection of routes.  Some flattish, some more hilly.. though as I've said many times'' wherever you go around here there's a hill involved.

In trouble Again

Orderd some flowers to be sent to my sister in law in Germany for April 1st (yes I know its April Fools day) any way it was her first day of retierment. At the same time sent a card by internet post. YES the jokes on me The flowers did not arrived even after live chat to the flower people and the card not viewed this is the 4th time that I have sent cards via internet to them  and  non have been   viewed. The flower people offerd a full refund which i accepted. This though is not good enough, looked for tracking to-day and they are still out for delivery., Orded from another florist this morning at 6 00am ticked box which said deliver to-day. Just looked at tracking and date is arriving 7th April. 

I did send e-mail to my nephew as the card still had not been looked at and told him to tell his dad to get into the 21st century this has not gone down well, as  message came back from borther "I sent you my e-mail address two weeks ago"   I am sorry I'm not just on aboutr e-mails. Watch this space.

PS What has happend to Customer service??

Hi Beekay yes did send reply not sure where it went thought you had received it, any way the card was just beautiful could not have chosen a better one my self. 

Big thanks once again it made my day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Like 1

Hey Margie, will you be nipping down to the river to see the boat race this afternoon? Should be passing close by your gaff. Have a nice day ya'all.

On 3/30/2021 at 6:39 PM, carni said:

WELL, have I been spoilt today. It seems that my family have clubbed together and bought me an ACER Swift 3 for my birthday later in April.

Would you believe it. After spending all that money on me for my birthday; the bo99er broke down. First of all one of the keys became loose, almost completely off and quickly followed by the pad freezing! Son was not a happy bunny. All that dosh and it was faulty. To cut a long story short, it was taken back to Curries on Friday and no problem, refund straight away and a new one ordered. That came yesterday and we are up and running again. Missed you all.x

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Glad you're back Carni... If you brek this'un it's the naughty step for you m'girl..  

• Like 1

Yo'll after be careful Carni, if ya brek thisun it'll be a beaded Abacus for you.  ;)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Beekay said:

Hey Margie, will you be nipping down to the river to see the boat race this afternoon? Should be passing close by your gaff. Have a nice day ya'all.

No chance of watching the races on the bank - all the roads and footpaths have been closed off because it would have been  impossible to do distancing.  Shame really but necessary.  We would  have gone otherwise.  There was mention of £200 fines but I notice a few stragglers managed to get on to the banks, probably because it was next to their own land?

Anyway, most importantly, the Cambridge ladies won!

On 4/3/2021 at 12:40 PM, DJ360 said:

I don't wear shoes or socks either indoors or in the garden if the weather is OK.

I never wear shoes in the house and to walk on the lawn barefoot is heaven, even more so if it has been raining. One problem.....always got mucky feet. No not from the carpet, from the lawn?

• Upvote 1

Margie, there were quite a few locals at the finish, probably standing in their own gardens. Two good races. Cam.2  Ox.0.

By the way, we will be coming past your neck of the woods, on our way to Wroxham, in two weeks time.

2 hours ago, carni said:

Brew and BK, It wont my fault. I dint do owt. I was very gentle with me new toy.:Fool:

Oh aye... like me mam used ter say" it's that there Mr Nobody again 'int it"...

Ya know what they say Brew, "Give the locals a new toy and all of a sudden they become dangerous". Carni will send e-mails afore ya know it. She'll be wanting the vote next. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Beekay said:

Margie, there were quite a few locals at the finish, probably standing in their own gardens. Two good races. Cam.2  Ox.0.

By the way, we will be coming past your neck of the woods, on our way to Wroxham, in two weeks time.

The boat race finished at Littleport and like many small towns and villages in the fens, they have their own rules! 
:crazy:

Your route to Wroxham is quite a long way from where I live btw.  When are you going to go there?

I know we don't exactly pass your place, but at least we're in the right neck of the woods. We'll go via M11, A11 past Thetford. Dont like the A12, A140.

Going on the 17th., Tina's had a letter saying OK to go out now. Had a courtesy call from Broads Tours telling us all is well up there. I believe restrictions are lifted on the 12th.

BK I hope your little holiday will go well and that more restrictions won’t be brought in.  You both deserve a holiday after being confined for so long..

This view is looking to our Riverside cottage on the River Bure. Our cottage is left of the apartment with the black weatherboard, with the sign on it. We have our own patio and the big Riverboat trip boats pass right in front of us. We can sit there with our morning coffee and watch the tourists sail by.IMG-23068559d2d3deff82d57be7b27a299f-V.j

• Like 3

Lucky you Beekay, we should have flown to the USA on May 17th but they won’t let us.  Got all our money back though, thank goodness.  
Still awaiting a refund from a trip we should have taken on 17th March 2020, the first day that borders were closed.  

We're not underway yet Lizzie. Still time for Uncle Boris to instigate another lockdown. Tina's more worried about the travelling, will there be toilets open etc. We can take our own refreshments and because the cottage is self catering, we can always isolate there if we need to. As long as I can get me fish and chips first night, I'll be happy. Done all the tourist spots so will be satisfied to sit and watch the river. Who knows, maybe the Heron will tap on our door again for his breakfast and perhaps the big dog otter will amble by.

Just googled 'Colin Staples Breadline', one of the sites was 'sparrowsnest'...

It's a direct PDF download, appears to be a 'fanzine', iv'e downloaded three copies,

Might be of interest on here..