• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Do not concern yourself WW., you'll be in my thoughts when I'm sitting with me coffee. Take care shipmate !!

Not really my day but anxiously awaiting a Russian programme to comment.

17 yrs ago a 4 yrs old girl disappeared from outside her grandmothers house whilst she was playing. The child or supposed child was photographed miles away with a woman who was begging in the street. An on duty security guard was allerted when he heard the woman call the child Danas When she asked where they were going. The child is called Denise. There have been many unsolved tracks even that of the step sister kidnapping her. Now whilst an off duty nurse who has worked in Russia has sent a video of a 20 yr old girl who recollects something of her past. DNA samples are  or have been checked by both the girl and the mother. Russia was supposed to give the results out yesterday but the childs solicitor who in already in Russia has been told not to reveal anything as they were going to record the tv programme and were going to reveal the results in the programme. The solicitor has been in constant contact with our tv programme that traces lost people and he says that up till 6 pm last night the programme hadnt been recorded.  In my opinion its all a build up for audience. I hope im wrong but surely the mother after 17 yrs of heartache needs to know for certain that her daughter really is her daughter. She has had so many disappointments.The lieness between the girl and the childs mother is incredible. We await the result.

My day, just heard, yet another resident has passed away. Another neighbour gone.

Stood outside in the cold at 2.00pm, to say goodbye to our next door neighbour whose funeral started from our close.

Missing child. Russian girl is not her. Russia used the programme for audience. Tv showed photos of the russian girl , totally different to the girl who was looking for her mother. She looked like a call girl!

The day has just got crappier. Watched a live link to our next door neighbour's funeral, which was a privilege. Then, later this afternoon been informed yet another neighbour has passed away. That's the third one. The saying goes, news is always in threes. None due Covid though. RIP Des, Patricia and John.

Sorry BK that you've lost some of your neighbours, but it's good you were able to be present online for one of the funerals.   Thinking of you x

Sorry for your loss BK.  Keep your pecker up!!

Good day today.  I took a walk up to the pharmacy for my repeats.  Every step is painful now that my right knee seems to have given up completely.. but it is bearable.. and better than sitting about and giving up.

Got home.. had a quick brew then out again... another three thousand steps then home.  Definitely enough.... 

Loads to do around the house and garden.. but the garden can wait while it's this cold.

I haven't switched on my posh hi-fi system for weeks.. that is puzzling me.

Tried the new shoes again today, not good though. Stopped them blistering my heels but now both big toe joints are giving me gyp. They only seem to play nice whilst I'm driving...    :rolleyes:

Its that time of year when we are thinking of starting to wear shoes again on a regular basis. I hardly wear shoes at all in summer except when working outside or going out shopping or something like that.

Wearing shoes all day for the first time in a while feels really strange and uncomfortable.

I am sure your feet spread out when you don't wear them and protest about being contained again.

I would have to agree with that @Oztalgian all my working life I have been forced to wear some form of safety capped boot or shoe, after my 2 two week in my Birkenstock’s or barefooted on some Spanish beach, that 1st week back to work was torture on my feet. 

@BrewI’d be dumping or returning those shoes, you don’t break shoes in, life’s far to short. 

• Like 1

I always wore safety shoes when I worked in industry. They can be had in fashionable styles and don’t have to be great clodhoppers suitable for site work. I introduced a scheme whereby staff could buy safety shoes at a substantial discount. Maintenance staff, who might be more susceptible to injury, had them provided free. I never found them uncomfortable to wear and it gave me that extra protection when I was assisting in the installation of the machinery that I was responsible for purchasing. 

Since this pandemic started I havent worn shoes , just slippers , sandals or barefoot and even non slip socks if my feet are cold.

In summer I wear sandals or flip flops and go barefoot. Winter is a different thing I always wear boots. Shoes are a thing i need but cant get the ones i like. Good thing i dont have to go to a posh " do".

I still have my work Brogues with armoured toes and insteps. The soles, even after 10 years or so, are perfect but the tops are falling to pieces. They're my preferred footwear but herself refuses to let me wear them. The best shoes I ever owned wear bought from the big co-op in a sale. Made in Russia and the best £5 ever spent. Second were industrial fell walking style boots, they were like wearing a warm hug. As usual for me the uppers fell apart long before the soles  wore out.

I am barefoot most of the day since lockdown and feet spreading is a fact for me. If I wear shoes from the start of the day then fine but if I don't put them on until afternoon of evening they're tight and walking is difficult. I'm seriously considering bespoke shoes.

8 hours ago, Brew said:

I am barefoot most of the day since lockdown and feet spreading is a fact for me.

Clarke's Shoes.  A range of width fittings available.  You know it makes sense....

Had a pleasant surprise this morning when I received a voice call via Facebook from Mal Redman..who runs the Nottm Way Back When page.  Mal was a regular down the 360 Club back in the late 1960s and now runs regular Soul Nights.  He was very complimentary about the way we ran the 360 'disco's and the amount of new music we introduced him to.  He was wondering how we discovered all those obscure gems. ... many of which were later absorbed into the 'Northern Soul' canon.  To be honest.. apart from regular trips to Rediffusion etc.. and keeping our ears open.. I couldn't recall... though I picked up a few Ska classics from Ace Records too..

Such a long time ago..

On 4/5/2021 at 8:14 AM, Willow wilson said:

I'd give you a wave BK, but I daren't let go of me tiller.

What's the name of ya boat WW

On 4/4/2021 at 10:14 PM, Beekay said:

We can sit there with our morning coffee and watch the tourists sail b

Beekay... Its one thing being sat next the water.... Its another floating on it;)... Good job I'm not down there... The horns on me boat are very loud and I'd have to give you a blast as I floated by:victory:

If you were passing us Ube, you'd have to give a long single blast, as you would be entering the main channel and turning right on to the River Bure. 

On 4/9/2021 at 10:05 AM, Beekay said:

If you were passing us Ube, you'd have to give a long single blast

Beekay.. I love nothing then giving my horn a good long blastsmile2... Which is quite often being that I'm a short arse on a 70footer

Willow Wilson.... Just wondered..... Got a mate called Willow on a nice narrowboat at Beeston 

Ube, just as long as your little legs let you look over the roof of your boat, that's all that matters. Not wishing to pry but are you a live aboard or leisure boater ? Have you seen my narrowboat art, which I've posted. I believe the thread is Beekays paintings or pictures.

3 hours ago, Beekay said:

Beekay.... Yes live aboard and a cc'er.... I'm a boater not floatersmile2..... I'm just off to see if I can find your artwork u

• Like 1