• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

A bit boring I realise, but to us it's been a milestone. Taken our first trip to the shops in 13 months. Went into Waitrose in Lewes, as 'er indoors thought that now she has her government letter saying she can venture out, she'd give it a go. Have to admit, it was a bit daunting at first and seemed surreal mixing with other people. We had to search our way round as we'd forgot where things were and also the store had lots of changes due to Covid. Got home safely though and had our coffee outside, although it was very cold. Was apprehensive about Wroxham next Saturday, but now looking forward to it. Should do the car a bit of good too. Next step, Nottingham.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Beekay said:

Have you seen my narrowboat art,

Oh yes I've just been looking and it's bang on brilliant..... I want to paint castles on me "Bookby Can" what paint would you recommend? 

Isn't it called a 'Bucky or Buckby Can, feel free to shoot me if I'm wrong Ube.

First of all, make sure it's clean and then give it a couple of coats of primer. I choose white because it brings out the brightness of colours. I've always used enamel paints ( Humbrol modellers paint), but don't seem to be able to find it nowadays. I've started using Acylic paints with satisfactory results. My sister in law (who lives in Nottingham) has bought me lots. But there is an ulterior motive with her. So glad you approve of my efforts and I'll watch your progress with interest.

Ps, A couple of my pieces have been shown on You Tube, on a clip called "The Tiny Narrowboat" ep.3 or 4. (Quite chuffed with that).

Just sitting with a cuppa watching the toddlers at the holiday club or whatever on the school lawns opposite my living room window and it’s almost made me turn vegetarian.

That got your interest, din’t it!!

They just can’t stand still. Whilst they’re waiting for the little ones at the back to catch up, they “frolic”. They jump up and down, kick their legs out, have a little run round - just like young horses or lambs or goat kids. It made me think that animals play too, and if they play they feel pleasure; and if they feel pleasure they feel pain. I’ve begun to notice that that roast chicken looks less like food, and more like a dead animal!

I would have put me down as a carnivore. I love meat - always have. But ...

Am I getting soft in my old age, or just soft in the head!?

• Upvote 1

I know a couple of vegetarians and they seem to thrive on their diet. I have tried vegetarian meals on occasions and found them bland. I enjoy good food. I live to eat rather than eat to live. I’m sure if I visited an abattoir I would never eat meat again! 

48 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

I’m feeling tidy and smug today as I was at my hairdressers this morning and not been since the first week of December so had 3 inches cut off. 

It reminds me of a joke about a rabbi and an exhaust pipe but I can’t remember how it went! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Great morning.....Swift bike ride.....15 minutes.......then put some decent clobber on and a drive into Bulwell.........

Plenty of people sun shining ey-ups galore...Market nice and busy...bought 3 T shirts for a fiver...all shops fairly busy...bought a paper just to say hello to the lovely staff..who made a fuss of me......

Then into one of the 'Charity shops' bought a shaving mirror'' and a special looking cup for my coffee at home......

Then into a nice (new to me) Cafe called i think 'Fromes' sat outside had an Espresso'' and nice chat with a lady i didnt know........but while sat there said hello's to several old Pals not seen since the 'Lockdowns' began..including my late Uncle John's best friend who used to babysit me..lovely chap..Donold Starkey now well in his 80s.........think Trog will know him from living on Leybourne drive...he looked in fair 'Nick' Trogg ..if you remember him?.........Walking back to Car Park bumped into a chap i played football with for 'BRSA Bulwell back in the late 60s he too must be 80 now but looked very good.......and last but not least a Lady from my teenage years.....we were both wearing 'Masks' but recognised each other straight away......All together a lovely morning...made me feel good............

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Fed up of freezing weather.  It's not funny any more. :angry:.

I may stamp my feet....

Hi Ben I had a walk in Bulwell today with the wife  the place looked great in the sunshine. We walked along the Leen down to the kids playground , great to see all the ducks still on the water. Onto the market and brought some crusty cobs, nowt better than a proper Cheese and Onion cob, as we left the Market I wanted to go for a coffee in a place near to Iceland on Main Street, cannot remember the name, only when I have been in before they have a great coffee and decent food but she said no. Always drawn back to Bulwell it brings back great memories , as I was with the wife I had to be careful what I said. I may have passed you and not noticed you, will have to arrange to meet and have a coffee soon in Bulwell.

Donold Starkey the name rings a bell but cannot remember any thing more. Hope the weather stays warm for for more days out.

• Like 2

Took my car to the usual carwash this afternoon, £10! HOW MUCH?? I asked why the increase, it's because of Covid he said. I drove off and found another...  Cheeky sod...

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, radfordred said:

I think some folk are nesh @DJ360you have to more around more, get you blood flowing.

I didn't say I was cowd.  I said I'm fed up of freezing weather.

Yes Trogg .thats the Cafe i was sat outside...looks a nice place..excellent Espresso..........we must meet there soon one morning........

Thought you would know the Starkeys really nice people..also remember the Clarkes and Witts near you...

• Like 1

It’s very strange but people seem to want me to sell them my property. This morning someone came up the drive wanting to buy one of my tractors. He even had a big wodge of notes which he offered me. Yesterday a woman wanted to buy our stables as she said we don’t use them (cheeky bugger). They would demolish and remove them. A few weeks ago someone else put a note in the letter box asking if I wanted to sell a tractor. Last year someone came up and offered to buy my boat. He offered my £500 in notes. As it’s worth over £7,000 I politely told him to go away and even more cheekily, last year someone came up asking if we wanted to sell the house! The bloody nerve of some people!