How's your day?

My reply to Amazon would have been, you show me your licence and I'll show you mine.

As it appears some of the Amazon drivers who work for contractors to Amazon do not have licences, tax, insurance and or Mot's.

And as they aren't directly employed or contracted to Amazon, Amazon aren't bothered.

Here's on example,

https://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2021/03/25/1159924amazon-crime-cops-pull-over-amazon-driver-who-had-no-licence-crime-news-uk/

In another incident the driver had to empty the van out onto the pavement when it was siezed and call for someone to pick it up.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Brew make sure you havent been charged for it. Im expecting a package from amazon too. It should have been delivered a few days ago but updated tells me its going to arrive between 16-20 april. If it doesnt i can ask for a refund. Hope it comes as its taken me ages to find exactly what I want. A small piece of furniture that is sturdy and has space like shelves and drawers for the kitchen to replace what is there already. Ive looked in furniture shops, Ikea, supermarkets with no luck and this was exactly what I wanted but its being sent from Germany so maybe its been pinched.

It was delivered the next day nonna with no nonsense about photographing licences.

In terms of money back we're ahead of the game. The groceries didn't trun when they were supposed to so contacted them. Much apologising and a refund for the full amount they said, "but we don't want a refund, we want our groceries", no problem we'll send them again. and they did, along with the original order! Noooo we've had two deliveries and a refund, please take payment and collect the goods left by the back door.

The goods were collected but after our best efforts and numerous calls they still haven't taken the money.

• Like 1

Paul has been a hero today- I’m thinking of changing his name to Vidal or Androcles.
This morning he cut the back of my hair and it feels good, and this afternoon he pulled a thorn from the sole of my paw (foot).  That’ll teach me to go barefoot in the garden...

He really is a man of many talents .

• Like 1

Androcles the Stylist.. I like it!!

I have to admit to being barefoot (and many other parts) all day in the garden.  Beautiful sushine.and an excuse for doing nowt all day since I overdid it yesterday.. ( It's official. Mrs Col said so..)

Around lunchtime I found a Post Office card through the door..  "We have delivered your parcel to your neighbour at:'

Then handwritten..  'through side gate'.  No date, time or other details.  Checked my side gate. Nowt.  Asked neighbours either side..Nowt.  Tried  couple opposite.. Nowt.

Finally tried to call local sorting office ...only to find they close every day at 12:00.

I'm not surprised I missed a delivery if there was one. what with me being caught between

• Like 1

Got a bone to pick with @Stavertongirl

She's been handing out my address to Gertie's friends!  First thing this morning, I found an humongous, black, eight-legged bruiser skulking in my bathroom basin!  "Ey up!" it said, darkly. "Goodbye," I replied as I dropped it out of the bathroom window, having caught it in the ever present plastic tumbler.  Don't mind the smaller ones but I'm not having a giant like that in residence.

On a happier note, I met Horace the hedgehog last night.  I've been putting food out for a few days and the dish has been empty each morning. He has a bath in the water. At 9pm, after I'd finished watching Igor the bat doing his aeronautics under the moon, along came Horace. He's not too large but the way he eats, he soon will be.

I couldn't be happier if someone had given me the crown jewels. I love hedgehogs and am so lucky to find one in my garden.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

No doubt it’s doggedly making its way towards my side room. Unfortunately there is a tenant in situ at present so there will be no vacancy until such time as the tenancy agreement expires. Even then the said in situ tenant has the option to renew the said tenancy agreement providing all the conditions of said tenancy have been fully met and both sides are in agreement.
So alternative accommodation will be needed for said bruiser. Any offers?

My day today is...3rd.day on the go where it's literally too hot to sit outside. Clear blue sky and none of CTs white lines in the sky. i'll keep looking Kev. Happy Days folks !!

I'm not in my part of the world though Mr.Mayfield. Not referring to shade temperatures but sitting in direct sun, watching all these tourists playing "Master and Commander" on the river. Bit disappointed though, nobody's fallen in yet or hit the bridge.

I'm waiting Riverside in me hi-viz jacket ready to dive in, if anybody falls overboard or off the bridge. Then I'll be in like a geriatric otter.

There was a lot of police activity in our village at 6 o’clock this morning. Numerous police vans and CID cars. A 53 year old man was arrested and remains in police custody for offences against the Environmental Protection Act. There are the usual public comments that ‘this sort of thing doesn’t happen in our sleepy village’. I can guess who it is but as no names have been released I can’t say. This could become very interesting. Plenty to gossip about at the pub tonight!

The plot thickens on this case. After a bit of delving I’ve discovered this was part of a countrywide case of substantial illegal waste dumping at various unlicensed sites and there were dawn raids on other addresses. 

Beekay have you been up the broads yet? 

If you go on one of the big boats you will pass lots of posh houses. Look and remember where all  the money people are. When I win the Lottery I am going to join them.

7 minutes ago, mary1947 said:

Beekay have you been up the broads yet? 

That's an exceptionally personal question!!  I'm shocked!!:Shock:

• Like 7

Mary1947, After coming here for the last 24 years, both on boats and in cottages, I can honestly say "Bin there, done that, made the film". We are staying where the big boats are berthed, so see them passing every day. However, they are  not carrying passengers until May 17th, when Uncle Boris has told them it's okay. Nowadays, we just like to sit on the patio and watch peeps enjoy themselves. You can always tell the complete novice, he's the one who wears a 1.99 skippers hat (usually too small) playing Master and Commander, far side of the river. He's the one who forgets to lower the canopy or move the aerial and loses them when going under Wroxham bridge.

• Like 3