• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

49 years ago today, I was trying to push a bowling ball through the eye of a needle! Well, that's what it felt like giving birth,  haha. This is the last year coming up when I've still got all 3 in their 40's. Getting old? Moi? Nooooo.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

That's  what I  thought Kath. Keeps me out of trouble and in good books. Happy birthday greetings to your nipper.

@katyjaywe have 3 children in their fifties and most of the time I don’t feel old (in my head that is ... the rest of my body sometimes disagrees ;) )

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

How's me day today? Been down to the hospital for me annual Diabetic Rhetinopothy (photographs of back of the eye, for those who don't know). Had me drops in and after the 10min wait, had me pictures took. The technician was satisfied with the images and said there had been no deterioration since last time (2019), in fact if anything, the back of the eyes had a slight improvement. Must say I came away very reassured. Next will be phone consultation with me GP about my Thyroid, after a blood test a couple of weeks ago. Hope it's the same as me eyes.

• Like 3

We have an invasion of swallows. They dont care where they fly and sometimes we have to duck. They find all the best places to rest on, like on the light outside my front door. If I leave the door open for the dogs to go backwards and forwards they fly into the hallway. This morning I must put something on or over the light to stop them using it as a toilet. They've left " messages" everywhere. Having said that they are quite a site to see. We also have a bat and sometimes his whole family sleeping behind the window shutter above my kitchen window. They too leave "messages" but they aren't "love letters". Oh well I suppose I will have to get the hose pipe out.

• Upvote 1

I'm really pleased to read your post, nonna.  We've been worried by the lack of swallows here at the moment. It's nice to know they are alive and well somewhere.

There are bats near to me. I stand in the garden at dusk and watch them having fun. They are quite spectacular. Mr and Mrs Igor, I've named them!

• Like 1

A couple of nights ago I stood watching bats outside the back door. I've never seen so many, so clearly, or so spectacular. At times I really thought they might fly in though the half open door.

What amazes me about the bats is how fast they are.  If you blink, you can miss them as they zoom back and forth in our garden.  Standing in the middle of the garden, clicking your fingers seems to attract them even more...

Perhaps they think I'm a long lost relative trying to contact them - a sort of 'bat text'?   Or perhaps I'm just a batty old woman?

• Like 1

Maybe the bats hear the clicks as a sort of Sonar. They send out a series of clicks when flying, it helps them navigate in the dark.

• Like 1

Not only have we swallows and bats we had a baby mouse in the house this afternoon. It scampered across the lounge floor and my husband said, " un scarafaggio" ( cockroach) " no e' un  topo" ( mouse) If we have to have things running around in the house I prefer mice, although I hate them I've always been squeamish about cockroaches since I first came to live here. In the summer they would crawl under the door. 

Anyway this baby mouse promptly hid behind the settee and from there to behind furniture. Too heavy to move. So we waited and meanwhile found a couple of broken tiles to spread some glue on. Yes i know its cruel but i hate traps and it was too small and fast to catch it. Eventually found it in another room and managed to trap it until my husband came to the rescue.

Oh the joys of living in the country and having fields all round.

By the way BK our cactus is pregnant, looks like its have an army of babies. 

I have taken a photo but Im having problems posting it.

Grandma to a cactus eh ! That sounds good Nonna. Ive planted Two packets of cacti seeds but not a flamin,' one.

I did break off a piece from the cactus in our centre. It's started growing now, but I spent 3 days getting tiny spines out of me hand !

Moored on the Erewash Canal with 4 other boats... Fire bin going and the beer is flowing.... All is good:biggrin::biggrin:

nonnaB

Was it a doormouse? as in the uk they are endanged. Is it the same in Italy? but of cause if the mouse came from Holland from a windmall it would have little cloggs on.  Sorry nonnaB could not resist.

• Like 1

Bit of a dull day weatherwise but it brightened up for me when I watched the Cup Final.

I actually dislike football but even I got emotional about the result!  For 2 years I lived in the Nurses' Home at Leicester Royal Infirmary which was well within hearing distance of the noisy crowds who used to go and watch the football at Filbert Street.  We also spent the first 10 years of our married life a couple of miles from the football ground, so I do feel a slight allegiance to Leicester (although it's still not a patch on Nottingham :) )

2 hours ago, ube said:

Moored on the Erewash Canal with 4 other boats... Fire bin going and the beer is flowing.... All is good:biggrin::biggrin:

I'm  jealous Ube !

Saturday.. yesterday from here... was very rainy.. but that's hardly unusual.  It brightened up a bit late afternoon so I tried a walk.  I'm trying to walk as naturally as possible and not use my stick.. but I'm very unsteady.

Anyway... got home safe after a short walk.. but completely knackered.  The weather and the bird song were more like early April than mid May.

• Like 1

DJ360 liked your comment about your stick,I have just stated to have to use one. At first thought everyone was looking at me but now if i have to use it (most times needed) i will, the only problem that I have is shopping. When I go round our local CO_OP and have basket,bag, stick, only have 2 hands. Next is when you have to get money out of your purse. Get to the till, sticks falls on the floor, purse upslde down some coins and cards fall out, and thats before i have put shopping in my bag. ??? Almost forgot mask? these are ok if your glasses don't get steamed up.    Can any one give me a hand please. HELP!!

• Like 3

Always liked Mansfield...worked alot there and did some courting many years ago..........even up to 4 or 5 years ago went regular and enjoyed the place.....

So decided to go this morning for a change.....probably much of it down to ''COVID'' but what a miserable experience...Two Coffee shops i used to enjoy...one gone...the other closed.......First car Park i tried you needed a degree in computers to use..........Second one had to walk up about 5 flights of stairs to get out/in.....(lift out of order)........no ey-ups and full of grumpy looking folk........think i'll stick with Bulwell in future..........