How's your day?

Thanks Rob.L, much obliged. I assume you get your negatives back and if on a flash stick I could print them at home. I also have a device for copying images from negatives and slides, (not sure what you call it).

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

A scanner I think Beekay.

I think quite a few of the Pinkfishmedia photo guys who still use film..do their own processing.

There are some very decent snappers on there.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Brew said:

Thanks for the compliment Margie but it's OK...   ish there are several mistakes...

Much better than owt I cud do Jim...  Teks me all me time ter draw breath..

This morning I realised just how well I have felt since the heart attack. This was when logging the results from my morning hour on the indoor rowing machine and bike. I have been making incremental increases in pace and duration and paying more attention to the warm ups and warm downs. Also made slight changes to diet.

Just looked through the exercise log for this year and some of the notes made each day.

Without going into detail it would seem that exercise alone is not going to stop heart attacks unless (hopefully) accompanied by a careful diet and lighter drinking.

I rowed 851km in January and weighed 83kg - a reduction of 2kg from Jan 1st. Only rowed 54km since HA but now 80kg.

For some months I had assumed that my HRM or the machine was on the blink due to my heart rate reducing instead of rising  with increased effort. This was accompanied by headaches and a feeling of no energy. I know now that it was due to the clogged artery. Certainly learnt a lot this year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I thought summer was on its way and decided to make a detour. We had a lot of rain and was icy cold then it turned warmer and everyone was saying that this was warmer temperatures than normal. Its still warm but very windy. Unusual as we dont have a lot of windy weather, maybe for a couple of days but thats all. Now its blowing everything away. We have 3 solar globes In the courtyard as well as smaller ones stuck in the soil in the flower beds, all of them have moved. Daren't put any washing out. According to weather forcast its going to be hotter with lashing rain. Think we'll have to wait for a swim and sunbathe.

You think you have it bad Nonna we went from 31 degees down to -4 degrees in 24 hours with strong north winds and snow and freezing rain had to cover shrubs and flowers in the garden and take all the flower pots into the shed. The daffodils which bloom here late after surviving -50 temps inthe winter have just finished its suppose to warm up next week take care.

Cheer him up why dontcha ! Mind you, if it's any consolation, the weather's crap dahn sarf too.

Mornings at Skeg seem to be drier than the afternoons in the coming week... but forecasts do change don’t they.

They do but weather forecasting is a much more accurate science than it used to be and short term forecasts are normally fairly accurate. Having studied meteorology for my pilot exams I’ve always taken a keen interest in the weather. I have a barograph, both mercury and aneroid barometers and an anemometer and wind vane on the stable roof. I also have a piece of seaweed and a little man and woman who pop in and out of a house. I still find that the best forecast is obtained by looking out of the window though! The app. I use is XC Weather which is a compilation from weather stations around the country and gives a seven day forecast. There is a heatwave to come shortly so rumour has it!

A friend of mine has hung a sign in her bathroom:

DISAFFECTED TEENAGERS!

FED UP OF BEING HARASSED BY YOUR PARENTS?
TIRED OF THEIR CONSTANT NAGGING?

ACT NOW!

LEAVE HOME!

GET A JOB!
PAY YOUR OWN WAY!

WHILE YOU STILL KNOW EVERYTHING! :wacko:

Wonder if it will have any effect?

• Like 2

Heads up for Radfordred.

10p.m. today Sky Arts. Documentary on Sleaford Mods.

Had a good day fly fishing on a small lake yesterday. Knocked two on the head for smoking. Filleted them and put in brine. Wish I could fillet trout neatly. Still untidy after 50 years of trying. Sea fish seem easier.

Fishing in a boat on Blithfield today. W/e of fishing to replace cancelled week away in the Highlands.

Thought I was going to have a peaceful day after yesterday. I was preserving vegetables all day. I made 7 jars of Caponata ( aubergine, celery, green olives and capers in a sweet and sour sauce) . In the afternoon I made 12 jars of Vegetable Giardinera. A mix of veg in tomato base sauce. Its been a few years since I preserved anything so was eager to start before the gluts of fruit and veg arrive. 

Well today didn't commence how I thought and because its been so windy I decided to sweep up outside and wash everything down. Came in a while ago and put a lasagne in the microwave for my lunch. All the family are working today so I feel I've earned a rest this afternoon with a Magnum Purgatorio.

• Like 1

Thanks Lizzie I'm about to taste my preserves, just to make sure they are ok you understand. I have some lovely fresh tomatoes so will have a salad with them. Deborah will probably be joining me. She had her 1st jab this afternoon.

• Upvote 1
On 5/21/2021 at 1:43 PM, Beekay said:

..Bought this from a towpath artist, (Robert Brown 1992)

Looks like one of the lift bridges on the Llangollen 

My day was made at 1.30 this morning. Last night was very wet and after putting out the hedgehog supper, I didn't hang around.  I woke at 1.20 to the sound of someone ejecting a fur ball! It had stopped raining so, with a torch on a low setting, I walked carefully down to the bottom of the garden. Before I got there, I heard snorting and rustling together with the sight of something moving in a circular fashion. Horace...and Doris...the hedgehogs up to a bit of hedgehog hanky panky!  High hopes of babies next month!

• Like 1

Lovely day - dropped off daughter and friend at  Butlins then saw acouple of familiar faces in Skeg.  

IMG-1099.jpg

• Like 5

That's the trouble with Skeg...  Full of delinquents from Nottm.  :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Today I planted up the French Bean plants given by a neighbour,  they're in the borders on a wigwam of canes.  My own beans are now condemned to being outside full time but not planted out yet.

I then went for a walk and managed about 3500 steps.. every one painful... but it was nice to get out into a warmer wind and a bit of Sun.

Still getting to know the cameras on my new phone.. but these may give some impression of my surroundings.

Five mins from home. 250 year old farm.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rwRDgvvjqK2aNsa99

15 mins from home: Liverpool skyline in distance.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LSUH9bxpG4v84ijw6

Hawthorn Blossom Close Up.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uYvCchBKLExyaAx8A

20 Mins from home:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PGeM5jbp4shsmfSR6

• Like 1