How's your day?

Brew I seem to recall a song called "Baggy Trousers" not sure what group sang it though?

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Went to QMC today (not a telephone app) for about 2 year's I have had telephone appointments for my PD. A letter arived last week with date time and would like to see you (underlined) but last night recived text saying it was going to be a telephone call. First thing this morning phoned appointments, they confirmed I was to be seen. Being out in the sticks, parking at tram stop, getting on tram, changing from one tram to the other which goes to QMC,  arrived 20min before app, the receptionist ask us to walk around for 10mins then come back. Arrived back for app time, only for nurse's to tell us PD Doctors and PD nurse's were half a hour behind for app. Finaly went in to see doc told her about text "OH! have they not stopped doing that we have told them" say no more. After consultation Doc changed my med's PX  would you like me to send it to your GP or do you want me to print it, I chose 2nd one as I knew QMC has it's chemist. Took PX to QMC chemist  filled in what was needed, then sat down o wait an wait & wait.  Chemist girl came over to see me Sorry but your px will not be ready for about 1-2 hours,  sensible receptionist ask us if we would like it to be deliverd to-morrow. at last a normal person. Yes please!!   with that we came home at sat in a darken room for 2-3-4-5 hours to chill.

3 hours ago, MargieH said:

As soon as everyone has bought lots of pairs of skinny jeans, then the designers will decide to change the fashion to a different style, so they can sell some new ones which will be ‘the latest fashion’ (and the sheep will all obey and buy them.....)

Not sure it works like that Margie. For a start. my daughter Stef spends lots of time working on 'trends'...trying to second guess what is happening....and trending.... And secondly... nobody is forced to follow 'fashion'.  Yep.. most people 'fall in' with general trends.. but most people will also consider their own shape before forcing themselves into 'skinny jeans'.

I..of course.. look fabulous in anything... including a whole reindeer for a hat.... ;)

• Like 2

How's your Day ?

Well I hope it's better than yesterday

@DJ360  I’m sure that your daughter does look out for what’s trending, so she can design what people are looking for , but there must be people higher up somewhere who influence what is to be the next trend.   Changes in fashion don’t just happen without human intervention, in this case from fashion houses who naturally wish to make money.  
It’s not just clothes either.  When we went to choose a carpet a couple of years ago, the shopkeeper told us that apparently the colours that were trending now were grey carpets or floor covering, soft grey sofas, white walls and some gold/mustard accessories.  He told us that ‘no-one’ buys beige or stone coloured carpets anymore, nor do they use (the old faithful) magnolia on the walls.  I think that ‘influencing’ - which is mostly done via the media of course - is big business in many aspects of our lives and most of the time we ordinary mortals aren’t even aware we are being influenced.  Not that it matters really as most people seem to enjoy the changes in fashion....

• Like 2

@mary1947  I couldn't give you a 'like' for the post about your visit to hospital as it must have been annoying/frustrating/tiring for you but I hope that today will be much better xx

• Like 1

Margie..in my youth i was a ''dedicated follower of fashion''  Winkle Pickers''...Beatle Jacket''...Hipsters''...White Socks''...Tie pin thru collar''....Cliff Richard shirt..ala expresso Bongo'''...slim Jim tie''..Pin Stripe suit'' etc......

However as i got older developed my own style and only wore what suited me....but every now and then something comes along that catches my fancy..and i go for it.......in this case ''Skinny jeans''   feel great..just love em........never too old to ''Strutt''......lol

• Like 2

I followed the teenage fashions too because I identified with the songs and  singers, and I just wanted to look the same as all my friends!   In those days, if I remember correctly, there wasn't much choice - it was either grown up's clothes or those for the new breed of children who were called  teenagers...  Before c 1955 the term 'teenager ' wasn't in common usage

• Like 1

I became a 'Teenager'' in 1958.......what a magic time for Music...i was already well into it......because of my Mother and all her Sisters who were always singing..Dancing and more importantly 'Laughing'.........from when i was about 15 Mam took me to all her company 'DO'S'' to Dance with......Dad just wasn't a Dancer.......loved it....

I never opt for medications from a hospital pharmacy. Not that I, personally, need to but when my parents were going through the rigors of hospital appointments and needed prescriptions, I always obtained them from a local chemist. Life's too short to hang around hospitals.

• Like 2

Skinny jeans. Come on men if you haven't got the figure and don't look in the mirror twice leave them alone. Ben has the correct use of them "slim fit". Much more attractive. Skinnies look awful with big rears and oversize shoes, not to mention whether they can sit down in them without doing any damage.

Any clothing attire doesn't have to be 2 sizes smaller.

• Like 3

I was a teenager during the 60’s. Couldn’t have been a better time to be a teenager, the music, the fashion, the mods and rockers (although I was a “mod” I had boyfriends who were mods and rockers), going to Skeggy and watching the scuffles between the two with my friend (our boyfriends made sure we were out of the way). Going to London and going to Carnaby Street (which I must admit we thought was actually a bit “naff”) although we did buy stuff from there. Going into Biba and buying a very expensive skirt, blouse and long line top combo. Having my hair cut so that it was shorter on one side than the other, my mum nearly had a fit when she saw it.

Following the Stones on their tours (bit basic by today’s standards but we were mesmerised by them) when they were round and about Nottingham. Going to London to see the NME yearly concert with a group of friends. 
The best of times, wouldn’t have missed it for the world.

• Like 10
22 hours ago, DJ360 said:

but most people will also consider their own shape before forcing themselves into 'skinny jeans'.

Unfortunately most people don’t DJ thumbsdown

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Beekay said:

Do you still wear one Catfan?  :rolleyes:

if my legs were still the same shape as years 13-19 yes i would still wear a mini skirt, but foget stockins Beekay tights were invented for mini skirts.

It was wonderful to be in the garden at dusk last night. The weather was warm, dry, still and just as it should be at this time of year. Little Smudge the cat was doing acrobatics in the huge elder tree, the bats were following suit and Horace the hedgehog turned up just as the birds were going to bed for the night.  Let's hope we have many more such evenings instead of the appalling weather we've had recently.

• Like 3

Talking of legs Mary1947, remember the "No man's land" between stocking tops and above.

I once dated a girl and I complimented her on her blue corduroy jean. She belted me ! I didn't know she had varicose veins. :Shock:

• Upvote 1

Don't know if anyone else preserves fruit or veg in jars but for years now I've been doing just that with great success.I enjoy the preparation and of course eating them when they are out of season. My one big problem ?

I have various makes of preserving jars including Kilner jars, those with the metal clip. They are fine but I've always struggled getting the rubber seals on the lids. In fact I avoid these jars unless it's necessary to use them. Yesterday I was ready to fill these jars ( only 4 of them now) so they were sterilised and the rings were promptly were too food put in and now the difficult part. My husband and I could not get these rings to stay put, one side on and the other slid out. At the finish my hands and fingers were sore so dropped everything and looked on internet. What a wonderful invention this internet I don't know why I hadn't thought about it before. thumbsup

All you do is to put the rubber ring on top of the jar making sure its centralised then close the lid and clip it down. Hey presto done!!

Doh ....ever felt incompetent?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BK be careful who you are joking with. You might get bashed a bit more often.