How's your day?

Has anyone heard from Loppy?  He hasn't logged in since 10 May and there's been no reply to a recent PM. Not that I can see replies but they trigger an email in my junk mail.  I hope there's nothing wrong.

• Like 3
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Ditto to that Jill............hope Loppy's ok...

BK........Ref..Syd and Babs...loving life such a pleasure having them......since letting em out can't keep them in....even want to go out all night.....Syd is the real cheeky one...goes on every neighbours garden......one lady neighbour asked me to have a word with him.....lol....

There have been occasions where I've realised that a particular person hadn't posted here for a while, and I wondered if they are still ok.... or if they've just decided to have a break.......or they just couldn't find anything interesting to comment on.

And then a few weeks later, they magically reappear and tell us that they've been busy recently, or just didn't get round to posting on NS.

Although it's certainly true that the number of frequent, regular posters is less than it used to be.

I do try to do my bit CT. But sometimes wonder if folks get fed up. For me, this the best thing since sliced bread.

What I found though, is although I correspond withloads of people, I could pass them in the street and never know.

I know Loppy was having difficulties posting after the downgrade but he was still a regular visitor to the site. PMs are always answered quickly which is why I'm perturbed. It may be that he's taking a break but somehow I'm still worried.

Both the wife and myself been for ''Eye test'' this morning at 'Vision Express''  Tesco Top Valley.......both need new 'Specs''

Iv;e gone for the 'Michael Caine'' look''',,,it just covers the large bags under each eye...''Not a lot of people know that''

Had a rare excursion to Bulwell today. Just for something to do I suppose.

Nice new coffee shop in the town called "Jerome's" .

A real belting cup of Cappachino. Much better than Costa & cheaper too.

The owner was a young bloke of colour who knows his craft.

• Like 1

I've heard from Loppylugs, Nottstalgia's well known hound. He sends regards and is as busy as a 3 legged dog with fleas!  His words! Gardening and bringing on the veggies in heatwave conditions. Worry not. He's still barking.

• Like 6

Indeed. Good to hear.

Responding to Kev's point above about reducing numbers of regular posters..

It seems to me that there are many possible reasons.

First off.. every product/service etc.. follows a 'bell curve' in which popularity rises to a peak then falls.  I've seen many websites rise and fall way quicker than NS.

Second.  Competition from F'book and others has increased since this site started.

Third.  There are only so many times we can go around the 'Sweets from the past', 'Old TV Progs', 'Things yer granny used ter say', etc.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
12 hours ago, catfan said:

Nice new coffee shop in the town called "Jerome's" .

Been going in there a few weeks now catfan,, and agree,, excellent coffee and service,,nice to see Bulwell going forward,,

• Upvote 1

If I ever get back home.. I'll give it a try.

12 hours ago, DJ360 said:

...reducing numbers of regular posters..

Another significant problem is navigation around this site. It's bloody difficult unless you know it well and are viewing on a decent-sized desktop screen. If you've never experienced it, try looking at NS on a phone or small tablet/laptop.

There are always a lot of people listed at the top of the homepage as Guests (currently 72). They arrived here because they searched a particular subject, such as Drury Hill, or Trip to Jerusalem.

The results lead them to the specific NS thread on that subject; then they read the posts in that thread, and decide to register so they can post their own comment.

Having done that, they don't know how to find any other threads or subjects, so they end up a bit lost. And even if they remember making their first - and only - post, they can't find it again when they come back a few days later.

• Like 2

Good point Kev. 

Also.. I've been trying to find some basic info such as 'Total Number of Posts'.. but I can't.

11 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

That must account for those who eagerly request information about places, subjects and people, only to b*gger off, never to be heard from again?

I have long thought that is the most likely explanation for people who ask something and apparently never come back to see the answer. They aren't being ignorant or rude; they try to come back and find what's been said, but they simply can't find their original question.

10 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

Also.. I've been trying to find some basic info such as 'Total Number of Posts'.. but I can't.

For whom ? Or what ?

"hows your day"  I dont want to think about it, I have  had a lot of worries on my mind lately , so I forgot that today I have been married 54 years So I am now residing  in a residence similar to the photo below.

dog-house.jpg

Five years in and I still can't find topics after returning to the site. Getting zero results from a search and then told to wait before searching again is frustrating.

I look at my content or try to remember who posted in the topic I want, look up their profile and then their content. Simple it is not!

F'kennel that's a bit rruff trogg, I'd have a bone to pick with her about that...

Edit: congrats on the anniversary...

Very few of those guests on the site are likely to be real people. They’re mostly webcrawler “bots” which trawl the internet looking to find key words for indexing for search engines like Google.

1 hour ago, Rob.L said:

Very few of those guests on the site are likely to be real people. They’re mostly webcrawler “bots” which trawl the internet looking to find key words for indexing for search engines like Google.

Some of them certainly are bots. I can see their IP address. At the moment there are several from petalsearch in Singapore; let's see how they react when they find their own name coming back at them.

But there are still a good number who are real people doing proper searches.