How's your day?

CliffTon:  For whom or what?

For the whole site.  My other favourite.. pinkfishmedia.net  ...just passed 3 million posts a couple of days ago and currently has over 30000 members worldwide. I've been a member on there since 2003 and the site traces its origins back to well before that.

Like many sites.. its original purpose, which was to provide a forum for discussion of all things related to music, and home Hi-Fi, as well as a platform for the owners' second hand record business.. has somewhat broadened over time.  It now includes lively discussion of photography, music, audio, DIY Audio, Vintage Hi Fi etc..  The 'Off Topic' forum includes discussion of almost anything from sport, current affairs, and politics, to members helping each other with advice on a vast range of topics.

As with NS.. I've met a fair few PFM members over the years, although rather than 'Meet Ups', hi-fi geeks tend to have 'bake offs' where they meet at somebody's house and compare the size of their speakers... ;)

Whatever members on here might think of (some of) the discussion on PFM, it is a very well run and moderated site, which is easy to navigate.

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

To -Day just got better Son and Wife have ask if we want to go for dinner Sunday.

Yes Yes saves me cooking I wonder what is the occasion is?

2 hours ago, mary1947 said:

Yes Yes saves me cooking I wonder what is the occasion is?

Seems like your son has realised it’s a ‘special day’ Mary.  I doubt whether it will be remembered by our two sons …… although last year they turned up together (200 mile round trip) for a quick Sunday roast, despite us being in lockdown at that time.  

• Like 1

Mary Don't ask questions just go and enjoy it. You may have to wait a long time for another invitation. Buon appetito:hungr:

On 6/17/2021 at 11:51 AM, Cliff Ton said:

Another significant problem is navigation around this site.

DJ’s Pink Fish 30000 members 13 sub topics 

Us 7000 members lost count after 70/80 sub topics 

Why not just start a new topic for every post :crazy:

• Like 4

Hello folks, I'm not dead (yet) but I am quite unwell.

On March 5th I had a bit of an accident at home when I lost my balance and fell very awkwardly. I was alone and on the floor, trapped between various items of furniture. I tried to free myself but that only made things worse. I was like this for nearly twelve hours -during which time I became pretty desperate. I was eventually rescued to discover that I was completely paralysed from the waist down. Off to A&E.

After all the preliminaries – and a fall from the trolley, a bed was found for me. Next day I was in intense pain in my left hip, thigh and knee. I reported this to the staff and to cut a few days out of the situation, it was discovered that I have advanced (metastatic) prostate cancer

I was hospitalised until a few days ago. I am at home now, still unable to walk and in quite a lot of pain. I have a hospital bed on the ground floor and have to be assisted to the commode at its side.

Oh well! That's life. Thank goodness for morphine.

I will write more when I feel a bit better.

Oh my goodness, Jonab, how awful for you. I did wonder where you were lately, never imagined you were going through all that. Sending positive vibes for your situation to improve.

Went today for a nice quiet pint in the Samuel Hall & bumped in to my mate Ian Dawson Over from Spain for a short holiday.  A good time was had by all & a few beers to celebrate.

Me & Dawson.

Booze.jpg

Dawson & Mrs C.

Sue.jpg

On 6/16/2021 at 9:27 AM, Cliff Ton said:

There have been occasions where I've realised that a particular person hadn't posted here for a while, and I wondered if they are still ok.... And then a few weeks later, they magically reappear 

56 minutes ago, jonab said:

Hello folks, I'm not dead (yet) but I am quite unwell. I was hospitalised until a few days ago. I am at home now, still unable to walk and in quite a lot of pain.

Jonab, sorry to hear about your misfortune. You've demonstrated the point I made a few days ago, but not in a way I would've liked to see. I hope you recover and return to posting here before too long.

@jonab That must have been dreadful for you being alone on the floor after your fall.  I’m really sorry to hear the news of the metastatic cancer too.    I hope the morphine will keep you as  comfortable as possible and hope you have good people to keep you company and look after you x

• Like 1

Only just logged in.  Jonab, I can only echo all of the other sentiments on here.  I wish you well.

I am sorry to read your post regarding your fall and your illness Jonab.I hope you get comfortable as soon as possible and get the best of care. We will all be rooting for you and  will all be thinking about you and hoping for the best for you.x

Ive only just been able to get online and look at NS as we've had a thunder storm and various power cuts. 

Jonab I 've been thinking about you lately and wondering why you weren't posting. I'm so sorry to hear of your illness and your fall. It must have been so frightening and worrying for you.

It was such a long time to be alone with no one to help you. I do hope that you will recover soon and are able to face your other health issues positively. Wishing you all the best. Take care.

Just a quick thanks to Kev (CliffTon) for sorting out the site 'stats'.