• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Today I planted some late spuds, carrots and a bit of coriander..since my indoor coriander pot got infested with some small aphid/thrip type bugs.  I also have Tomatoes, vine, cherry and beefsteak on the go.

I'm going to plant some Cavalo Nero and maybe beetroot tomorrow if I can get seed.  All a bit late.. but then Spring was late..

And I need to cut the grass tomorrow.

Other things happening here too.  More to report tomorrow with luck..

• Upvote 1

Excellent day here in the Grand Duchy.. Delighted to report that at 06:10 this a m., my youngest daughter produced a 6lb 14oz baby girl. All well.

:)

• Like 7

Congratulations Grandad!  May you have many nights baby sitting.

Well done to daughter too !!:clapping:

• Like 1

Congratulations Col on once again becoming a grandparent.  I expect the baby is beautiful (as all babies are.)  It’s such a special time for you all..

• Like 1

DJ Congratulations to you all on the birth of your new grand daughter.

• Like 1

Alas, I have to make do with other people's kids and grandkids.

Don't know what your missing till it's gone.

• Like 4

I am sure you are just as wonderful to other kids Beekay as you would be with your own. My grandson was born with a diaphramatic hernia he had 5% chance of survival he was in an induced coma for 3 months in Edmontons Stollery Hospital which is about 800 miles away they airlifted by air ambulance the minute he was born it was a miracle he survived, he is now 16 and going for his driving test next month. The only lasting problem he has is he is partly deaf as a result of the medications he took, life is so precious.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Has anybody noticed, how the nights are drawing in?

'How's my Day's, I'm bloody freezing !

Just stop saying stuff like that BK!  You know it only looks a bit dismal because it’s overcast (well it is here anyway)

We‘ve put the heating on for a little while this evening primarily to dry the washing 

A very satisfying day today :biggrin: Finished the last part of the courtyard project. The rear courtyard took some doing - had to level 32 m2 and lay 1600 blocks, half of which arrived last Thursday. The other half had to be lifted and power washed. Looks great. It was a pleasure to return the whacker and have a clean up this afternoon. Enjoying a beer at the mo. :dry:

• Like 2

PP I don’t know where you get your energy from!

It makes me tired just reading about what you’ve been doing .,

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, PeverilPeril said:

had to level 32 m2 and lay 1600 blocks, half of which arrived last Thursday. The other half had to be lifted and power washed.

Hmm now let me think... I'm sure I read that one of our members, who had a bit of a health scare recently, had learned to take things a little easier......   Ah well musta bin wrong 'n' imagined it...   It's me age you know...

• Like 3

Yes I saw that too but I have a sneaky suspicion that it was PP. Naughty, naughty. Just you be careful, do something less stressful like sending us a pic to see your hard work.But NOW sit down have a beer or two and enjoy your new courtyard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Easy day today so started by the usual 30 min bike / 30 min rower. Learnt not to train on heavy work days. Just tidied up the site and formed a concrete run off from the paviors - just a couple of shovels of mix so no big effort. Still had my beer though :biggrin:

• Like 1