How's your day?

Many thanks for all the good wishes for our new grandchild.  Still no name....

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

On 6/23/2021 at 1:28 AM, DJ360 said:

Many thanks for all the good wishes for our new grandchild.  Still no name....

Maybe she'd like the name Beekay Col, just saying.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Wife has gone away for a few days this morning..........was just like our ''Courting'' days.........when i left her at the 'Station'' or met her at the 'Station''........Anyway after she departed on the Train......i shot into Bulwell and had Coffee with an old flame...who turned me down many years ago.....she told me i hadn't changed and the answer was still NO..........:wacko:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How long have Neanderthal cave women been playing tennis.

Just been watching Jelena Ostapenko playing down at Eastbourne.

With all the grunting she's doing, I've had to put me ear phones on with noise cancelling switched on. It's bloody awful and unladylike. 

And don't tell me it's necessary because of the effort. The other girl ain't doing it !! Your's, disgusted of Tunbridge Wells.

Have not posted for a few days. 

So I keep up to date by reading all post!!

jonah sorry to hear about your fall and illness try to keep smiling I know its a long road, but chin up we are all friends on N/N.

PP do as you are told don't work to hard, save some for to-morrow.

Ben do behave  your self, but i surpose  while the wifes away ? the cat  TRYS to play?

DJ360 CONGRATULATIONS on having a grandaughter please, please send me the recipe. We had 2 boys and they have also had boys.. Just a thought suggestion name as your little girl arrived at 06.10 in a morning "a Dawn arrives as Dawn is breaking. Sorry should keep my nose out.

Beekay  my friend hope you and her at home are well.

To all I have not gave a mentioned too sorry!!  but keep smiling. 

Reason not posted for a while Doc put me on some new meds and they knocked me for six,?     no not cricket me!!

Well Mary, as well as echoing all your good wishes to others.. I hope you soon get acclimatised to your new meds.

As for 'baby', what can I say?  Thank you. We have two girls and we now have one Grandson and two Granddaughters.  'Baby's' name was officially announced yesterday....and you weren't too far out. She is 'Soleil Nahara'

Soleil, for those who remember their school French..means 'Sun' and 'Nahara', apparently means 'light'.. It seems to be of Aramaic origin.  So all very appropriate for a child born early on Midsummer's Day.

And easy pronunciation.  Soleil is  simply pronounced 'Solay'.. although for 'yer actual French' there is a hint of a ee at the end as in 'Solayee'.  Nahara is like Sahara with an N. 

• Like 2

Pretty name but she’ll spend her whole life spelling it out for people (although so much is done online these days - filling out forms etc - that may not be a major problem). I know a couple of girls called Summer but have never come across a Soleil before

Wot abaht Circus Soleil, Margie?

Incidentally, I were right, the nights are drawing in . :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, MargieH said:

Pretty name but she’ll spend her whole life spelling it out for people (

She'll get used to it Margie.  I have to spell out my surname for people. I've even had people telling me I'm spelling it wrong! 

Depends how she uses it too. We gave our daughters two first names each so they could choose which , or which combination, or which diminutive(s) to settle on.

Victoria Kirsty has used Vic, Vikki, Vicky.. etc.. as the mood took her.. but never Kirsty as far as I know.  Stefanie Jane has used Stef, Steff, Steffi etc... but not Jane. So it only partly worked...

Not sure what Soleil will do.. but it could easily become just Sol. Not sure where Nahara came from but she is half Carribean so her Dad called Nash.. full name Nashon.. may have had an input.

Beautiful name for a little girl.  Well done to your daughter and hubby/partner

PS Have stopped taken meds feel much better thanks.

Was watching the Belgium v Czecoslavakia match last night and I couldn't help noticing that the Belgian goalie was I'm positive, none other than Novak Djosavik. Maybe he's moonlighting to supplement his loss of earnings from Wimbledon last year.

Wife returned today from her 4 day jaunt.............Picked her up from the Station...just like ''Brief Encounter''  as we ran with arms open in slow motion along the 'Platform' to greet each other...........:rolleyes:

• Like 4

Play it again Benj opps sorry wrong flim

• Like 1

This morning I planted small rows of Radish and Beetroot.  There's only me who likes them..so I won't need many.  Just a repeat sowing every few weeks. Next up... Tuscan Black Kale.. aka 'Cavolo Nero.'

Then this afternoon, I waxed my car.  I'd already jet washed then hand washed it yesterday,for the first time in about 18 months, but as I was using up an old bottle of 'Mer' polish wot I found in the garage.. I found myself thinking how long it is since I last waxed a car.  Basically, it is so long that I'd forgotten how hard it is when you are an old git and only marginally enthusiastic.  I also found out how much I missed by not using a 'detailing' brush yesterday..

Naturally.. the minute I finished.. it started peeing down...

Tomorrow.. the wheels need a major cleanup and I need to do the whole 'back to black' routine on certain plastic bits.  And of course the inside is filthy... and the engine compartment... well..:ohmy:

But, I will finish giving it a good clean and then no doubt ignore it for another couple of years.

Ooops!..nearly forgot..  Need to change oil and filter..